FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series

rightclickscott
Before any mods go locking this thread because there is already a Yu-Gi-Oh thread, listen up, because this is entirely different.

Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series is a youtube series created by user, "littlekuriboh." It takes the dubbed 4kids english version of the episodes and shortens them to about 3-4 minutes, and redubs them. Normally, this would be a stupid idea. However, it is just plain hilarious at times. Sure, there are times when the jokes are weak, but there's always something to make you laugh like when Bandit Keith finds a new way to use his catch phrase, "For America."

Aside from the comedy, it actually stays true to the story, telling all the major plot points so that people can actually watch it and get the full story while not having to sit through full length episodes. It doesn't have the Yu-Gi-Oh spirit, but, really, who even wants that? In my own opinion, the actual show is terrible. The plot is paper thin, and the characters aren't any better. The Abridged Series really breaths new life into the show, making fun of itself and never taking itself seriously.
(Reviewed by "Right-Click" Scott Blaha.)

Go ahead, check it out. Go on youtube and search for "yugioh abridged series." Believe me, you'll be glad you did. Yu-Gi-Oh fans will love the satire, and people who never watched it or just plain hate it will love it for all jokes it makes of itself.
reddishblue
I have seen all of them, they rock, I hope more come out soon
hlavco
I don't like regular Yugioh, but these are great. I've been watching them for awhile. Considering they're done by just one guy, they're really high quality.

Some of my friends do dubs, but they're not cut down, and they're done spontaneously, with low quality results (sometimes funny though, they have a decent YouTube following). They used to do One Piece, and just to mix it up they did a couple episodes of Doug, which were great.
legendaryduelists
I Also like this Abrigded Series, they are really funny, im a fan of the normal series (both, Yugioh and GX) but i dont think that the series is bad, i have seen other type of anime that is worse in my opinion (cant remember one name in this momento).

Just because doesnt have violence or blood, or the speech from the characters seems curly, it doesnt mean that is bad, is just trying to give a message to the other people. Thats all. I respect your opinion, but so do respect me opinion too. Smile
rightclickscott
legendaryduelists wrote:
Just because doesnt have violence or blood, or the speech from the characters seems curly, it doesnt mean that is bad, is just trying to give a message to the other people. Thats all. I respect your opinion, but so do respect me opinion too. Smile

It's not about violence, it's not about blood. The plot is paper thin and characters are even worse. I gave it more of the time of day that I should have.

I will admit this: The original first season never released in America was good. However, the show became tired out, commercialized, and bastardized and really just became a bad show. Those are the best words to describe it. "Bad Show."
Revvion
It is absolutly ralle ridiculously fun, more i cant say i about it.
willy101
yep these are great... if you liked this you should see the yu gi oh - viva pinata commercial merged.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svg-DvNARKE There's the original commercial.

Here's the yu gi oh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApJ4ayZvA2U. Just so you know the voice actor in the commercial and for yami are the same.