FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

your uptime

Your avarage uptime?
0-20%
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
20-40%
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
40-60%
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
60-80%
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
80-100%
90%
 90%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 11

catscratches
So what's your uptime at your FriHost page. I think it SUCKS. I've got about 40% uptime, just a minute ago all my work on my forum was deleted just because of "Page Cannot Be Shown"!!!!!!!
mOrpheuS
The answer to such a question should be objective - http://host-tracker.com/web-site-monitoring-stats/222372/
catscratches
well, every time I've been to my page and done something, it has (after 1-30minutes) been down and not come up again for one hour.
Animal
catscratches wrote:
well, every time I've been to my page and done something, it has (after 1-30minutes) been down and not come up again for one hour.

I really doubt that is the case - the Frihost servers are monitored by Host Tracker (an independent entity) every 5 minutes - taking today as an example, downtime has been 1 minute and 2 seconds in total. You can view details about the server's current status on this page at any time. All new sites are created on Server 2, and if the server goes down (that's the bit Frihost is responsible for), all sites go down. If your uptime is different to that shown on the Host Tracker website, there must be an issue with your domain registrar or DNS server (if you use external services), or with the software that you've installed on your site.
babumuchhala
IF YOU HATE FRIHOST SO MUCH LEAVE IT, DONT TELL CRAP ABOUT IT.

mOrpheuS just gave you Server2's uptime which is more relevant to you, but if u just want to know why and How Frihost has built its rep. is that because of excellent uptimes and excellent

Here's my uptime (Server 1):
http://www.siteuptime.com/statistics.php?Id=21838&&UserId=35501

Just in case you dont want to go there:
SiteUptime wrote:
www.muchhalasworld.com
Since: September 24, 2005
Outages: 56
Total Uptime: 98.913%
Last Check: March 5, 2007 at 8:51 PM PST+12.5

Year Outages Uptime
2007 2 99.473%

Year Month Outages Uptime Downtime
2007 March 0 100.000% 0.000%
2007 February 1 98.876%[/b] 1.124%
2007 January 1 99.933% 0.067%

Average response time: 0.175 seconds

Arrow Tell me if you can find a free host with 99% uptime. And I am pretty sure those stats could even give some of those Paid Hosts a run for their money.
andy26
i use host tracker aswell for my site and it shows around 99.70% its been as low as 99.60%
catscratches
Quote:

I havn't found another free site with support for php and MySQL, else I would have for a long time ago... Of course I never have serious stuff at FriHost, I just practice and learn php, mySQL
Hogwarts
catscratches wrote:
Quote:

I havn't found another free site with support for php and MySQL, else I would have for a long time ago... Of course I never have serious stuff at FriHost, I just practice and learn php, mySQL

Well if you're going to continue whinging about Frihost's Uptime, I suggest you install Xaamp on your computer and forward port 80 to your computer. Then you can whine to yourself Rolling Eyes

Seriously, the value of Frihost is infinite; due to it being free.
Zampano
What is 'uptime' and 'downtime'?
I haven't heard of these but I'm always willing to learn.
catscratches
Zampano wrote:
What is 'uptime' and 'downtime'?
I haven't heard of these but I'm always willing to learn.

Uptime is the time the server is up, when you can access the page.
Downtime is the opposite.

BTW, today has been a wonderful day! Just some of my work has been deleted due to server being down Smile
James007
I don't even understand how your files can be lost if a server is "down". When a server is down it only looses its connection to the network, and of course, any FTP-uploads are interrupted.
xorcist
I have a lot of uptime I am on server one, and whenever you cant get on this website you cant get on my website. Its always up as you can see that this website is always up.
catscratches
I was working on them and then when I click Save, "Page Cannot be Shown", well, work lost. Then I try to go Back instead, but it doesn't work
try to go to my homepage doesn't work, then I wait and after a while, it works again. But then I don't want to redo everything, so I just quit.
Animal
catscratches wrote:
I was working on them and then when I click Save, "Page Cannot be Shown", well, work lost. Then I try to go Back instead, but it doesn't work
try to go to my homepage doesn't work, then I wait and after a while, it works again. But then I don't want to redo everything, so I just quit.

In this case, you should simply wait a few minutes then hit F5 (refresh) - you'll be asked if you wish to re-send the POSTDATA. Click YES and you won't have lost anything. Just don't navigate away from the "Page Cannot Be Displayed" message and it'll be fine.