FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The most beautiful English name for feminie?

clarinda0551
A friend of mine's asking me to give her an English name (yeah she doesn't know English very well...). I suggested some but she liked no one. Can some one please give me some ideas? Her selection criteria: not too popular, nor too rare and can somewhat reflect her, who is a short, cute, not sophisticated and kind girl.
Tumbleweed
A Rose by any other name is still a Rose
Aredon
english names are boring though, go welsh or french, something more smooth and whispy.
Also note that most of the names used in english are taken from other languages, but I'll see if I can come up with a few pretty ones.

Sarah
Jessica
Amy

Yeah drawing a blank for more realy... Only ones I'm thinking of are people I know and most of them aren't even close to being english-based.(Sophe, Janelle, etc.)
divinitywolf
I think names named after jewels are great such as ruby or saphire.
i also like rose.
I guess any name is acceptable except stupid ones like buttercup-honey which is what celebrities are calling their children these days. Its just stupid.
mathiaus
Rose is a fantastic name though it is associated with sophistication.
Sally is a nice name, fair and sweet, not too sophisticated either. Another option could by Lyra. Not as common as Sally, nor as sweet but represents strength slightly more.
Good Luck Very Happy
HoboPelican
This is just so wide open! I'll just make a couple of suggestions.

Kelli - origin unclear, but could be from the Pictish word for "holly" (another good name!)

Lisa - Short for Elizabeth, but much more accessible.
emjawa
I think that Eli is a nice name (with all the spelling variations too). As is Emily.
poiko123
A few names that come to mind:

Charus
Brandi
Lynsie
Julia
truespeed
How about an old fashioned name like edith or beryl.
mschnell
truespeed wrote:
How about an old fashioned name like edith or beryl.

Or Roberta or Gertrude. I met a girl in China with an English name like that.
Boomstick
Bree. Lots of hot chicks with that name.
reddishblue
Zampano please stop spamming, I always liked the name Caitlen, sounds very much like a creative girls name
varon
I prefer naming my child with meaning, rather than something that just sounds pretty. Why don't you try SuperBaby Names (http://just-think-it.com/sbn.htm) or Kabalarians (http://kabalarians.com/) to find what baby names would suit her?

I think a name is very telling, and more than just mightily indicative, of the kind of person you are going to be. Most people, hopefully, live up to the meanings of their names, in case they do know what their names mean in the first place.

I would recommend my own name, Valerie (which means "strong"). Smile I'm not sure I live up to it, though, lol. But the point is -- it's good to name your baby as something positive.

My prayers are with you new mommies! (Meaning, this thread starter's friend.)
Jaan
Jaan (y-aw-n)is a good name.
Guaranteed people will make fun of you.
Apple is also a good name. Apple or Lohan or Vaalrie or something russian scandinavian maybe Aarde. If it's just a name, it's a name.

A name is a name, but only if YOU think it's a name. Do you?

If it's just a nickname it would be fun to change it every year or 5 months or something so people don't get bored of calling you "banana".

Just my 101%.

Cheers. Randomftw
Captain Fertile
Boomstick wrote:
Bree. Lots of hot chicks with that name.

That always reminds me of the cheese! Very Happy
NinyaEvu
Marie/Mary/Rosemarie - God knows if i event spelled any of those right, but those are the most admired feminine names by myself.
Zug Zug
Meghan, Alana, Alice, Autumn, Isle, Asha, Laura, Jessica, Contessa, Rose, Violet, Mary, Elizabeth, Ewana, Eliana, Elena, Alena, Alexandria, Cassandra, Cassandre, Avery, Becca, Becky, Lynn, Brook, Brooke, Christabel, Dahlia, Dana, Dawn, Elaine, Ella, Haylee, Hayley, Hazel, Heather, Janelle, Kaylynn, Leigh, Lavander, Lillian, Lilly, Madison, Melinda, Melanie, Nara, Paige, Pamela, Richelle, Riley, Rowena, Sydney, Wendy, Whittany, Willow, Zanna.

^_^

Have fun!

<3

Meghan
dayveday
What about Charlotte? Good, down to earth name. And then you can use Charlie too, which is a fantastic name.

Or a variation on Bree - Breeanna (several spellings available!).
Zampano
reddishblue wrote:
Zampano please stop spamming, I always liked the name Caitlen, sounds very much like a creative girls name

Sorry; but seriously, if you come across the female equivalent of Hector, that's the one!
Otherwise, how's 'Gelsomina', though uncommon, it sounds very nice.

Now, just to make sure you see it, I'll put it in big letters:

Gelsomina
kiranaghor
Rose, Julia, Monica, ashley
bartdou
LUNA,I like this name best, i'll name my daughter luna if i have one some day Very Happy
hofodomo01
Well, for me, beautiful goes along with exotic, and if it has to be in English...that exotic factor goes down to near-zero...
darrenpaul
When I have children, I'm planning on calling my first daughter Sam short for Samantha ..so that's my suggestion.
Donutey
You could always go with Elizabeth, because if she doesn't like that then she can go by any of the numerous nicknames:
    Beth
    Liz
    Lizzie
    Eliza
    Lisa
Wilio
what about samara?
Blaster
A friend of mine has a really pretty name. Her name is Kiri. (key-ir-e) I personlay think that is the prettist name i have ever herd. I don't know if it is really what you might call English though.
Vrythramax
reddishblue wrote:

reddishblue Stop backseat moderating.

My personal choice would be Nakita, my daughters name Embarassed
Vimor
Ya, I wonder how many of the names I'm about to say are actually English names but lets give it a go....

Sarah
Samantha
Carly
Megan
Alyxandria (Always loved this one though its prob like Greek or something)
Amber
Tia
Jessica
Chantel

Ya, IDK my brain start going dead..... the last one is even my sisters name... lol

But goodluck finding a decent name!
justnewbie
Hmm...
How about;

Jane
Ashley
Grace
Michelle
Diana

Simple and short names there are. But all of them reflects cuteness for me.
urbanbuddha
Here are some that I've come up with:

Sophie
Anne
Liz
Julie
Lily
desertwind
Sarah is a beautiful name. So is Anne.
deStructuralized
Horace.

Or maybe, Bruce.

Just kidding Smile

Jessica.
LostOverThere
How about Melina, its a girls name and in medical terms it means Poo With Blood in it. Smile
TruPain
My favorite female names:

Brianna
Brittany
Brandy
Kitana (my daughters name)
Sarrah
April
Kirsten
Robin
CyanEyed
ive always liked the following:

Kyla / Kaila
Amy
Emily

ill add more when i thi nk of them
molif
emma
ruby
rachel

i love the name rachel... and erica..
windrei
i come up with only one :

licca

which is my girlfriend's name, haha Rolling Eyes
Disaster-Pieces
clarinda0551 wrote:
A friend of mine's asking me to give her an English name (yeah she doesn't know English very well...). I suggested some but she liked no one. Can some one please give me some ideas? Her selection criteria: not too popular, nor too rare and can somewhat reflect her, who is a short, cute, not sophisticated and kind girl.

Naomi
I have no clue where this name is from but i've always liked it had 2 girlfriends with that name Smile
sky217
I have a daughter on the way and her name will be Chloe. I guess that's as good as any. Smile
saya
what about Kaite I really like it Smile
seanooi
I'm not really good with names. The only ones i could think of is
vivian
grace
jessica
shelly
serene
fiona

not sure if all of them are english names, but i personally like vivian the best. Mostly due to the fact that my girlfriend's name is vivian Laughing
Disaster-Pieces
saya wrote:
what about Kaite I really like it Smile

I hate to correct you but jut for anyone looking for names i don't want them getting it wrong but dont you mean the name "Katie?"
littletomi714
divinitywolf wrote:
I think names named after jewels are great such as ruby or saphire.
i also like rose.
I guess any name is acceptable except stupid ones like buttercup-honey which is what celebrities are calling their children these days. Its just stupid.

I agree!
OutlawSpirit
i say use this name...

jessie...

shortened can be jess...

its a good name, sounds good... its not 2 common...
skygaia
How about Ruth?
funnyerror
At this point, I think the name "Christie" is the most wicked sweet girls name. woot!

-FE