FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Azkabanweb.tk

BlackSkad
My site is finally online. There isn't that much content yet, but I tried to finish as much of the coding first, content will follow as time moves on.
It is a DUTCH website about Harry Potter. I've written all the scripts by myself, from the news-system to the dictionary. There is a translation-dictionary (HP-Woordenboek) with a lot of words (over 350) related to Harry Potter and there translation to English. There is a system to ad interview very easily and easily to overview, a forum and photoalbum are comming. Also I will translate the site to English later, but haven't got time yet. It also has an system to deal with templates, so other lay-outs can be made easily and lay-out-switch will be possible.

www.azkabanweb.tk

You can leave some comments about lay-out (etc.), ideas, and other things in the guestbook on the site or in this thread.
Enjoy it!
serdaralp
good web site but very dark.i read all harry's book And I Watch All Movie
newaira
The layout is nice, but it seems kind of cold and dark for Harry Potter books. The Harry Potter books I read (the first and the second) I found humorous and colorful. I would imagine that the site would kind of reflect that.

The background image of the headings (e.g. http://azkabanweb.frihost.net/images/Image1000.jpg) does not blend in with the background very well. Maybe a lighter gray with rounded edges would look better. Try something heh.

The content looks good though (I can't read Dutch though), just lighten up and use more color Wink.
BlackSkad
Thank you for the feed-back Smile
I changed the lay-out a little. Those small headings are gone (as are the big ones who were after the <h1>-tags) Also the newstitles have a newer lay-out. There is a curly line under it and the font is different from the rest, to give it a more relaxed view.
You might better view it in Firefox, as Internet Explorer doesn't support all the css I used (just some rounded corners).
lpbrasil
vey cool i like harry potter
hulsadmin
nice layout,all i can say, i dont understand a *beep* of harry potter.How Could Nerdz excist and be able to live a life like that
BlackSkad
Thank you for the compliment on my layout. But I don't like it when you call me a nerd. My live is much more than computers and Harry Potter. And don't judge people on their appezarance on the web! They might be totally different than the impression you had.
Be nice to people, even if you don't know them!
smart19
the site design is quite good and it is easy to use as the menu bar is clear
kain
I love harry potter! I wish I could understand that site though...
BlackSkad
When the dutch-version is "Finished" (well yeah, a site is nerver finished, but you know, ...) I will work on a english version of it. That shouldn't take as much of time as the Dutch version because all the same scripts will be used (no new scripts will be required). While making the Dutch version, I implemented a system for multiple languages and lay-out switching.
So one day, you might be able to understand the content without learning Dutch Very Happy
tidruG
Basic layout and desig, very goot.
However, in your menu, the headigs are a disaster. You've used a very dark colour and you headings are in black. Try using Grey or white instead, or some other similar lighter shade.
BlackSkad
Thanx for the feedback TidruG. They looked fine on the screen of my laptop, but now that I see them on a normal screen, I agree with you Laughing
I changed the text-color to white, way better indeed.
Comments are still welcome, I'm always in for improvements Very Happy
tidruG
BlackSkad wrote:
Thanx for the feedback TidruG. They looked fine on the screen of my laptop, but now that I see them on a normal screen, I agree with you Laughing
I changed the text-color to white, way better indeed.
Comments are still welcome, I'm always in for improvements Very Happy

OK yeah, looks much better now. By the way, I need you to tell me how you made that layout. What did you use? Frames or just tables? (Yes, I'm horrible at actual designing, though my sense of colouring and all isn't too bad Very Happy) You're going to have to teach me like you're teaching a beginner, I'm afraid. Send me a PM if you want, or just post it on this thread.
BlackSkad
Never use frames when you are able to use php! Well, just never use frames.
Only use tables for tabular-data (like the data you get from a database).
For the rest of our lay-out, use divs and loads of css (that's the reason why they made it) Css isn't hard to learn, to only thing that is difficult, is to get your site the same in every browser, because IE doesn't support that much css as other browsers do.
Check the source-code of my site: the main-part is made-up with divs and css (in an external file)

Some googling gives you this reult for css-tutorials & And also this gives you some pretty good tutorials
tidruG
BlackSkad wrote:
Never use frames when you are able to use php! Well, just never use frames.
Only use tables for tabular-data (like the data you get from a database).
For the rest of our lay-out, use divs and loads of css (that's the reason why they made it) Css isn't hard to learn, to only thing that is difficult, is to get your site the same in every browser, because IE doesn't support that much css as other browsers do.
Check the source-code of my site: the main-part is made-up with divs and css (in an external file)

Some googling gives you this reult for css-tutorials & And also this gives you some pretty good tutorials

OK. I'll try to learn up on these. By the way, I'm guessing you used Notepad for all/most of your coding?
BlackSkad
Nope, I didn't, I used PHP Editor 2005. It's a very usefull tool with highlighting for a dozen languages like PHP, html, css, js, xml, sql and some others. If you have apache installed, you can immediately check out your script in action.
Realy a nice program, give it a try Wink
tidruG
BlackSkad wrote:
Nope, I didn't, I used PHP Editor 2005. It's a very usefull tool with highlighting for a dozen languages like PHP, html, css, js, xml, sql and some others. If you have apache installed, you can immediately check out your script in action.
Realy a nice program, give it a try Wink

Alright thanks. I'll download it (assuming it's freely available over the Internet). You must be surprised that someone with so little experience in designing/scirtping was made a mod on this site?........ so am I. Razz
tamilchild
Good website!

Congrats! Laughing