FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free* Domains at AnotherFree

Freezon
Hello everyone,

As you can see, I have not been active at Frih for awhile now. But, while I have some time, I would like to share a site with you.

AnotherFree is a domain service allowing the user to exchange their reward points for a legit domain. The way it works is you complete simple surveys (most are 3~5 pages) and you are rewarded points. You then exhange those points for a domain.

A .info domain is the cheapest while a more premium domain, such as .com or .net, cost more points. I myself exchanged a mere 1.50 points for a .info domain. I was skeptical to believe it was so easy, but you can see for yourself that it is infact legit.

The reason is asks for legit information (phone, name, etc) is for the purpose of the public whois database when you register a domain with them. The domains are registered under your name and you have complete control over them. AnotherFree simply pays the bill.

Also, it is currently only available to residents living in the US or Canada.

For further details, please check out the site.

AnotherFree - Free domains for you
pashmina
sad that it only for USA AND CANADA ONLY
ashen
Too bad!
Many free domain offer are only available for USA and Canada.
rheanna
Laughing I'm going to try this... They said 20 Minutes. will see? ;o)

You have to visit a few sponsors and answer survey questions. You give out all your life's info even maybe your Credit Card. ;o) What they say is that you have to pass the first/second/third page. Complete 2/3 pages my arse. By the 2/3rd page you already given your address/and Credit Card. Laughing Not worth it. Scam to get your info or sign ups.
BTW Junk mail will catch their activation sign up. See, I made myself a patsy for the spam. Thanks...

*I Find this site extremely ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!! Even when drinking!
Yep, I try to be a perfectionist even when drinking. Sorry for the re-editing.

It's a no wonder that Freezon is -277 Laughing
Let me guess. Is this your site by any chance?
Freezon
rheanna wrote:
Laughing I'm going to try this... They said 20 Minutes. will see? ;o)

You have to visit a few sponsors and answer survey questions. You give out all your life's info even maybe your Credit Card. ;o) What they say is that you have to pass the first/second/third page. Complete 2/3 pages my arse. By the 2/3rd page you already given your address/and Credit Card. Laughing Not worth it. Scam to get your info or sign ups.
BTW Junk mail will catch their activation sign up. See, I made myself a patsy for the spam. Thanks...

*I Find this site extremely ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!! Even when drinking!
Yep, I try to be a perfectionist even when drinking. Sorry for the re-editing.

It's a no wonder that Freezon is -277 Laughing
Let me guess. Is this your site by any chance?

You've got a lot of errors here. To start, no, I am only a member of this site. Secondly, AnotherFree will never ask for your credit card. However, their sponsor sites may. That is why you select the offers that do not require a credit card.

Also, when your first signup with AnotherFree, you are asked your personal information. This is for two reasons:

1) To fill out the proper and legal whois information when you recieve your domain. It is required by law that this information be correct.

2) So that when you complete one of their sponsor surveys, it can check against your information provided on AnotherFree. This is done automatically within 15 minutes of you pushing the "complete" button once you've filled out a survey.

There are ways around putting your real information in (to sponsor sites) and still getting your domain. To find that out, however, you will need to PM me.

Sure, it might be annoying filling out a few surveys but all it takes is 2.5 points for a .info... which in reality is a few surveys + approval time = 1 hour max. Not bad, in my opinion.

The reason for my negative points: as seen here...

I was inactive for a very long time, and strangely enough my hosting was never removed. So I've asked for removal, which still hasn't taken place.

Well, back on topic, you can believe this site to be a scam. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I'm a loyal member, and that is the only reason I posted this. Because, if you do follow the instructions, it does work. You can check the testimonials on their forum which is posted by real-time users who recieved their domains here.

I've done enough preaching here. Just never question me or label my intentions of spamming here. I am loyal to both Frihost and AnotherFree and that would be the last thing I would be doing.

Out,
Freezon
rheanna
Exactly, all you do is sign up for all these stupid offers. SPAM SPAM SPAM
Freezon
rheanna wrote:
Exactly, all you do is sign up for all these stupid offers. SPAM SPAM SPAM

Yeah, and for those "stupid" offers you are rewarded.
Relnar
All of those stupid offers where you prostitute your personal information... all for a domain? Oh please people, you might as well just do the "Free Xbox 360 offer and then, when you get it (assuming you aren't part of the 90% of scammed people) sell it on ebay, and use that money to pay for a REAL domain...
varon
*shrugs* the poor guy's just trying to help... Smile

a lot of personal domains i see on the Net are "given away," so even if this sounds like scam, it's better than paying for a domain -- to some (apparently, a lot) of people, anyways.

peace out peeps Smile
lunakizz
I'm not USA or Canada living too.

But I try to register with this.

Although I don't know AnotherFree delete my account or not.
wlb
100% FREE DOMAIN NAMES to its 100% FREE Members. (USA AND CANADA ONLY)
we only register by myself.I think we should registered a domain by ourself
lukeropro
What are you saying wlb? I totally don't get you.
No offence.
silverdown
I will try it and tell you what happens.... Im just so bored! lol
Lucifer
I would try that if I lived in the US or Canada. That isn't fair. =[
silverdown
i spend like 20-30 minutes last night filling out surveys

and i got a .info domain

PROOF!

Quote:
Date: 05-13-2007

Hello John H{edit out},

Below is a summary or your recent transaction:

Description:
-Domain

Details:
(R) silverdown.info 1 year(s)

=============================================
Billing Information:

InvoiceID : 3342
Invoice Date : 05-13-2007
OrderID : 466800786
FirstName : John
LastName : H{editing out]
Card Type : Credits
TransactionID :
Total Taxes : 0.00
Total Charges : 4.00
Amount Paid : 4.00
Balance : 0.00
Payment History: 05-13-2007 14:15 Amount: $4.00 Paid by: Credits

----------------------------------------------

Regards,

Administrator
Dietzel and Dietzel, Inc - Accounts Department
Freezon
silverdown wrote:
i spend like 20-30 minutes last night filling out surveys

and i got a .info domain

PROOF!

Quote:
Date: 05-13-2007

Hello John H{edit out},

Below is a summary or your recent transaction:

Description:
-Domain

Details:
(R) silverdown.info 1 year(s)

Billing Information:

InvoiceID : 3342
Invoice Date : 05-13-2007
OrderID : 466800786
FirstName : John
LastName : H{editing out]
Card Type : Credits
TransactionID :
Total Taxes : 0.00
Total Charges : 4.00
Amount Paid : 4.00
Balance : 0.00
Payment History: 05-13-2007 14:15 Amount: $4.00 Paid by: Credits

----------------------------------------------

Regards,

Administrator
Dietzel and Dietzel, Inc - Accounts Department

Thank God someone ACTUALLY did it before posting some of the things I read above. Glad someone was actually willing to try it and get a domain, just as I had did myself.

Congratulations on it silver.

Regards,
Freezon
silverdown
Freezon wrote:

[Quote taken out to keep page short]
Thank God someone ACTUALLY did it before posting some of the things I read above. Glad someone was actually willing to try it and get a domain, just as I had did myself.

Congratulations on it silver.

Regards,
Freezon

Thanks Freezon
Tuffluck
Ya.. I might try this out and get a free domain.. Could really use one

Thanks for the link! I appreciate it
krazy
-sigh- only for US and Canada only.
i have found most free domains are for US and Canada only.
takashiro
I'm neither American nor Canadian. I can't register at it. I think subdomain is good enough. Domain is better, but it's so hard that i've already given up to get one for free.
mjohnson
ashen wrote:
Too bad!
Many free domain offer are only available for USA and Canada.

Aha,maybe you can cheat them you are living in USA by some programs.
photoflashCS3
to much time and there so cheap why dont you just pay
so if you ask me its all a waste of time
but if you want to waste your time go for it
and im a Aussie so we can waste even more time
trying to fine one that will accept us.
Urban
1 YEAR DOT INFO DOMAIN REGISTRATION [4.00 pts]

.. I made ALL the 100% Offers and I don't have enought point for the .info (the cheapest price). Tell me how you did please?
polly-gone
woot!!! I love this site!
tzabaot
Woa, this is a good site, thanks.
polly-gone
I really don't like AnotherFree so much anymore. It is super hard to get a domain without putting forward some cash. The completely free offers are stupid, and all the other offers require you to pay small fees, or shipping and handling or things like that, which in the end, add up to be more than the price of a domain at godaddy.com. If you get lucky and get really good completely free offers, then your good to go, but otherwise, I wouldn't recomend this service.
Urban
It's NOT a good site, you can't get a free domain without paying, half of the offers aren't working and the free offer with the cell phone need your personnal information and it wrote that it MAY charge you so ****** this scam, there's no way to get a free domain without paying on this site, believe me, scam scam scam!
polly-gone
I spent an hour going over the free offers, only half of them actually got me points, and the points that I did get was 1/5 of the points needed for a one year domain. Don't be cheap, just purchase your own domain or find a domain auction on the Frihost Marketplace Forums! It's much easier this way!

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
Shadow03
I've been using Domain Lagoon (AnotherFree.com's older brother) for about six months already. Due to shortage of time, I've only had time to get two domains from them. Trust me, it works. Sure their sponsors are "free PS3/iPod crap" where you are prompted to "prostitute" your personal info (lthough that doesn't include your social security number or credit card number in most cases), but they're harmless. Plus, they have hundreds of testimonials on their support forum:
http://www.forumlagoon.com

If the sponsors were harmful and dangerous, my McAfee Site Advisor would've been going crazy by now. XD

Tip: Make a separate email address when signing up, unless you are ready for hundreds of spam messages daily.
schoolbag
you can use a proxy, i have 7.60 points, and im from serbia... proxy list: samair.ru/proxy
web_harman
hahahaa.. i just got tooo excited to hear the title of the topic... but thats only for us and canada
silverdown
Hey hehe this is how I got my domain name 1 1/2 year(s) ago . I am good for another year since about 2 months.
nitepr
is it a scam did anyone test it p.s. i use .co.nr
schoolbag
I am sure it is not a scam, and now, it accepts users from more countries.

PS: Co.cc is better, it has DNS support
Urban
It is a scam, you will never get enought point to get a domain, UNLESS you make 30 accounts.....
Zackster
Quote:
Question: I am not in United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Mexico, Sweden, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands, France, Spain, Argentina, Belgium, Ireland, Brazil, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Norway, Austria, Denmark and Finland can I still earn free items?
Answer: Unfortunately at this time our sponsors only accepts users who have their computer and internet connection in those countries. We are actively adding more countries as advertisers seek.

From http://www.anotherfree.com/index.php?page=faq

I think that they do support a few more countries but rather use a proxy or a web based on although I would suggest a normal anon or secure proxy based in the US. They shouldn't be able to trace it easily.

But I suggest you don't lie to them because then you will be in some real trouble.[/url]
africa
They are really wack.
officernarc
i don't know what everyone's hating on these guys for. all it takes is 8 points to get a year of domain registration. you can easily get that with the free offers.
Urban
Because most free offers (which are quite rare) worth about 0.5 points.
jsfdan
Hmm.. when I look at the picture I get:

Code:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /img/freezon_processed_anotherfree.jpg on this server.

Anyways, once again, a point-for-domain system. .infos and .coms and all. Seems good.
anaela
imma try this thng cause i need a domain name
anaela
OKAY... well I signed up, but i can't login. i live in the usa so whats the problem?