FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind

rongsen
Well is there anyone who plays this great game?

Post Your morrowind stuff here.Tips,secret places,magic items,locations,mods.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been playing Morrowind for quite sometime now but i never used the construction set.I don't have any clue which software to use to open the .nif files.......and when it comes to adobe photoshop...i'm nil.....let alone creating textures.Can anyone help me with some tutorials on creating your own armour mods,clothing faces and which software to use please?
I have been searching the net for tutorials but couldn't find any basic stuff for dummies......

I'm about to try oblivion soon.
flameboy1974
I just got this game for free, along with oblivion. A friend of mine decided he didn't want them anymore. I haven't tried it yet and wondering if its any good? I just don't want to take up more space with a crappy game I don't like.
Artelis
This game was fun until I got bored of playing single player RPGs. Then it was only fun when I used some random commands to put on no clipping and make my speed ridiculously high so one step would send me across the map.
Seiji
It does get boring since its not an MMORPG. I played this game for about a day but couldn't play anymore since I'm not use to playing non-mmorpg's.
rongsen
you know guys...if u choose the correct character settings and try to understand the game.....it's fun to play it.....u can join certain factions and build ur our stronghold and many other stuff
drapkin
Great game, i love it.
Nutteloos
The game is endless. Well, almost. You can play for two hundred hours and still haven't seen half of it all. While this can be a plus, it can certainly also be a negative for many players who are not used to this kind of freedom.

If you feel like going on a killing spree, you can. Just don't be surprised if you
a) get busted by the guards who are way stronger than you, especially in the beginning.
b) screw up your game by killing plot-important characters.
Kitten Kong
This game was the best, many many many hours spent. I love open games where you can go out and explore and do whatever you like, the only thing that stopped you going somewhere in this game was your current skill, I'll take that any day over some magical barrier or red key card needing door.

Of course one day you will be playing this game, you will stop and realise how dead the world is, how empty it truly is, that is when you are bored with the game, that is when you go and buy Oblivion!
Holy
Oh man. Morrowind is great with all the mods and stuff. I downloaded like 10 gigs of mods Laughing . There was no .... real life like activity by the NPC's though so I stopped playing it. My parents don't really want me to play any of the Elder Scroll games anyways, because it has demonic figures in it. I tried to point out that you had to slay these demonic creatures but they still don't budge.
iNs@nE
Never really playd much of Morrowind..

Though I am big time an of Oblivion...downloaded hell lotta mods for them and made a few of them myself..

The game is simply amazing..

But had to shift from it when I saw this game called the Dark Messiah which runs on same lines as that of TES but the gameplay is better..

and unlike TES, it does not start lagging after a few hours of gameplay..
adrail
Oblivion with mods is very amazing, Francesco's Mod is the best mod!
soulman
Oh, that's the first RPG game to me, and the first game that makes me like RPG.
iNs@nE
adrail wrote:

Get the construction set an try making a few mods yourself..

you'll love it..you can literally implement all that stuff into the game that you always wanted in there...but could never get from any mod out there..

i did the matrix theme..and a few other stuff..but then it started lookin too tech..and lost the feel of the game so removed them to preserve originality...

I am seriously waiting for the next TES game to release..it's gonna be amazing...
Kanoga
Oh god, the Elder Scrolls series, How i love it.
I have never found a game that got me so hooked......Many hours were spent between me and my friends exploring every nook and cranny of Vvarndefell....Definitely one of my favorite games of all time.
basementgamesltd
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is a great game. It's a going to be a timeless classic. In a few years from now there are going to be people wanting to play the games where Oblivion came from. Morrowind is anything but boring. There is an endless amount of adventure and the customization for characters is almost infinite. I've played all 3 of the Elder Scrolls III. This includes Morrowind, Tribunal, and Blood Moon. All 3 are awesome and have a high replay value. As fun as MMORPGs may be, none of them can capture everything Morrowind has to offer. Keep it real....
Vimor
Is it worth it to get Oblivion for xbox 360? Least I think thats the one thats on X-Box....... cause yea I played Morrowind and it was pretty good for computer and I heard Oblivion was any better..... just need to know if its worth it on an X-Box or not before I waste a million dollars buying it like every other game on 360.... hehe

Anyway, thanks if you answer or what not.
datter
Great game, that would only be made better with a rifle or two thrown into it. Smile
Nutteloos
Vimor wrote:
Is it worth it to get Oblivion for xbox 360? Least I think thats the one thats on X-Box....... cause yea I played Morrowind and it was pretty good for computer and I heard Oblivion was any better..... just need to know if its worth it on an X-Box or not before I waste a million dollars buying it like every other game on 360.... hehe

Anyway, thanks if you answer or what not.

I'd take it on the PC any time, but on Xbox.... though don't value my opinion too much: I don't own an Xbox. It's just that many game mechanics are deemed 'flawed' by many and installing mods on the Xbox is that much harder.

I've ran about a dozen mods ever since I started playing Oblivion and thought: why is my inventory only 6 spaces high when twice as much can easily fit on the screen?
Patriot Players
Never played Morrowind, but Oblivion is a piece of unrivaled excellence. Unfortunately for no apparent reason my framerate in Oblivion has started tanking, I cant play it now. Im not sure why and its quite frustrating to say the least.
basementgamesltd
Hey all,

I've posted for Morrowind on this bulletin before, but heregoes again. My favorite part of Morrowind was character creation. I always loved playing as the Argonians because of their immunities to poison and resistance to disease. It was always nice exploring and not having to worry about what I came into contact with.
Next up in Morrowind is the endless adventuring that one could experience. It was easy to ecplore for hours and every single time was easy to find incredible new stuff. Even if you started a new game and created a new character. Within minutes, you could find something that you hadnt seen in any other files that you played. Morrowind is an excellent game and is highly recommended for anyone who loves games with a whole lot of adventuring, exploring, mystery and even action. Awesome, awesome game. Not enough can be said about this incredible game.

It's also easy to find all of the Elder Scrolls III very cheap, now that Oblivion has taken the Elder Scrolls torch. Great buy!

Keep it real....

- Tom
mansonivan
hhmm..i think is a great game, but i don really have time to finish it. i only play few days and i found it start getting me addicted to it. so i decide to stop playing. Once i start playing i will keep playing, i dont need to eat n sleep and this is very bad. well, quit is a better way
matti05
All games of series The Elder Scrolls are very good, but The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind is the best.
Mine the intricate and complex plot, what inflicts that you sit down many hours near her. Graphic artist as on those times excellent, though and as on he is not bad now. I would give her 9 +/ 10, because I believe that there is no game which is ideal. Every game has what something does not have different.

I have original version of this game Smile
dule
This game is awsome, but IMO it hasn't made some impact on the gaming scene. Very few of my friends know of it, and those who do find it boring and too hard (?). The game is perfect, as mentioned the best elder scrolls sequel. Damn, now im tempted to finish it one more time althrough i finished it 3-4 times and had a character that was too powerful for anyone to beat.. Cool
Ecthelion
The elder scrolls series are worth their price!
I have Morrowind and oblivion and really, I enjoyed playing them.

Only thing that could get better is to add some online features...
I don't mean the mods and extra missions (I've almost all of them, they are great. Being a vampire is the best!), but rather the possibility to go fight online with the character you have and fight there against other players. Of course they have to make sure you don't cheat with your character, which can be a hard thing to control...

But anyway, I really liked the game!
schmidi
how good is the addon?

I have heared, it would plays in a another world...
blk3
Never played Morrowind but I played Oblivion, although after busting out of jail, I didnt continue my game. I just got a little bored since all I did was walk around. Maybe I'll give it a spin again sometime.
arkebuzer
iNs@nE wrote:
adrail wrote:

Get the construction set an try making a few mods yourself..

you'll love it..you can literally implement all that stuff into the game that you always wanted in there...but could never get from any mod out there..

i did the matrix theme..and a few other stuff..but then it started lookin too tech..and lost the feel of the game so removed them to preserve originality...

I am seriously waiting for the next TES game to release..it's gonna be amazing...

I have played both morrowind and oblivion, and I just loved them both.
Really hard to stop playing though... exploring all dungeons would probably take months, and then there´s still a lot of mysteries and missions left. It´s just amazing games Very Happy
Too bad I didnt learn the construction set. Because making mods of your own sure does sound really cool.