FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Super Mario Online

Hobbit
www.onlinesupermario.com

What do you think of the design? I was gonna make it w3c complaint or whatever you call it, but some of the ads on the site make it impossible to do it.

Also, if you know of other sites with mario games tell me so I can put them on my site (with permission of course).

The main purpose of this site though, was to enhance my seo skills.
SamiTheBerber
Hobbit wrote:
www.onlinesupermario.com

What do you think of the design? I was gonna make it w3c complaint or whatever you call it, but some of the ads on the site make it impossible to do it.

Also, if you know of other sites with mario games tell me so I can put them on my site (with permission of course).

The main purpose of this site though, was to enhance my seo skills.

When I click the link, I got error: Server not found. Have you written the link correctly or is the server down?
the6thfactor
Looks cool! Although a little bright, I liked it alot. Possible do a little more work on the header so the logo text is more readable. Also, there are lots of ads! More ads then content on the front page, lol.

Very nice design though Smile
billybob
I like it, Its very "Mario ish" and i guess thats the point, so yeah nice simple design although there is a big gap of nothing on the homepage that could do with filling!
plato
It doesn't look professional.
Try using some other colors, instead of green.
Hobbit
Thanks. People seem to be hating the blank gap. I'm gonna fill it up today.
SlowWalkere
I like the color scheme and graphics of the site. As someone else mentioned, very Mario-esque and fits the topic.

However, there are definitely too many ads on the site. Considering that the site doesn't have a lot of text content and focuses around playing the games, I'd redesign it so that you don't have to scroll down. Move the top row of ads to the bottom, move the navigation to the left, and get rid of the big block of ads in the middle of the screen. If you want to keep two sections of ads, make them smaller and a vertical column on one side of the game.

I know you want to have a lot of ads so that people click on them to make money, but you might be over-doing it. Also, think about this. If I launch a game and scroll down to play it... all of the ads are off my screen! Kind of self-defeating, eh?

Good luck,
- Walkere
Hobbit
The ads have to stay. It's not like they're making the games impossible to play. Making sites is what I do for a living.
benjad
ads... what ads....

Oh yeah, that's rite... adblock for firefox... HIGHLY RECOMENDED.

But when I turn it off, i see what ppl are yelling about.

visually fits the content, code looks good. No qualms here.

Couldn't hurt to re-work the frontpage a little to lead folks to your content a little better... couldn't hurt...
warallthetm
Good site, but need more text content, seems ebt empty