FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Itchy palms?

HoboPelican
Okay, I am gonna bring this up with my doc next checkup, but I thought I would throw it out here and see if anyone has any ideas.

Lately, after a shower, my palms (and to a lesser extent the backs of my hands) will itch pretty bad for about an hour. No other part of my body itches and there are no visible symptoms. I have changed soaps, shampoos, scrubbies and everything else in the shower and only changing the soap made any difference...it stops slightly sooner. Sad

Unless I am coming into one heck of a sum of money (a common folk belief), I am clueless. Any thoughts?
gh0stface
Are you sure all you are doing is washing your hands? Wink

Anyways, I don't know if it'll help but using some type of hand lotion might help. Dry skin can cause irritation and cause itchiness.

You may also be having allergic reactions to the laundry soap being used when you wipe your hands on towels.
ItsWesley
I have had the same problem before, but not as bad as it seems you are.
I found that what caused the itchynes was because when I used shampoo or whatever it was, I was rubbing it too hard, but I found if I shampooed m hair gently, my hands didnt absorb the shampoo. Hopefulyy that may help you.
HoboPelican
gh0stface wrote:
Are you sure all you are doing is washing your hands? Wink

LOL. Glad we got that out of the way quickly!
Quote:

...but using some type of hand lotion might help. Dry skin can cause irritation and cause itchiness.

You may also be having allergic reactions to the laundry soap...

ItsWesley wrote:
...but I found if I shampooed m hair gently, my hands didnt absorb the shampoo...

Some good ideas. I tried the lotion (setting myself up again, ain't I?) and it didn't do much good. I will try a new laundry detergent and the shampooing thing and see what happens.

I might as well keep up the lotion, too, the wife seems to like it. Wink