FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Duke Nukem Forever

Will you Purchase this game when "FINALLY" released ?
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
No
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Who Is Duke Nukem?
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

glenn83e

Yes, folks, it's still alive and kicking - everyone's favorite vaporware is "in full production" according to George Broussard, co-founder of 3D Realms. In an interview with 1up, towards the end, Broussard chats about the status of Duke Nukem Forever, the unfortunately-apt title to the game over a decade in development. Hail to the King, baby!

According to Broussard, "there's a lot that's finished. All the guns are finished. Most of the creatures are finished...we're just basically pulling it all together and trying to make it fun."

So, there you have it, an actual status update on Duke Nukem Forever. If they get their act together, 2007 may be the year pigs fly - then again, we predicted that Duke Nukem Forever still would not come out in 2007, and whose to argue with us?

Then again Official release Date from 3drealms? When It's Done... LOL

Thanks 3d realms
realkiller
loved the very old duke nukem rules lol
moonblade
Well, I wouldn't hold my breath - they have had a running alpha version back in '99 already, if memory serves, on the original Unreal engine. After that, they changed a half a dozen engines, online shops declared release dates, then took them back. "When it's done", indeed. Would be lovely to see Duke revive, but only under the condition that it wouldn't be worse than the original... Too many sequels of the good ol' old stuff have been ruined so far, wouldn't want that with DN.
Mordane
Ahh the legend still lives. TBH I don't want it to come out, its more fun just using it as a joke to compare other games with slipped target dates too.

But I would buy it, I mean, you just have to.
kacsababa
Revive! Laughing

New trailer:
driftingfe3s
kacsababa wrote:
Revive! Laughing

New trailer:

I just saw that trailer yesterday I think, and I was laughing so much. The game is so ridiculous! It's so ridiculous and funny it really makes me want to get this game. Hopefully the game play good as well.
weableandbob
Gearbox announced a release date, but knowing what's happened before, something is going to push it back further and further until it's forgotten about again XD
kacsababa
A month ago they said in an interview they don't want to say an exact date till they surely know they can finish, because it's just a touchy subject with the title (and the announced date was sometime 2011).

Maybe with Gearbox it will come true. ^_^
achowles
I feel I pretty much have to get this game. Even if it's just for the historical intrigue of it all.
Dementei
GOTY, haha.. nah but it'll be pretty fun to play. I remember in an interview the guy says you'll be able to pick up a turd and throw it at people.. hahaha, he says it's a game full of surprises!
drunkenkoz
After watching that preview I'm looking forward to this game. It's not everyday that you get to experience a great game with great graphics. It's going to be fun. Smile
Dementei
drunkenkoz wrote:
After watching that preview I'm looking forward to this game. It's not everyday that you get to experience a great game with great graphics. It's going to be fun. Smile

I've played many great games with great graphics, where have you been? Razz The graphics aren't even that good really either haha, no but really there's tons of good games out there but in this game it's the first that you can pick up a turd. It will have tons of firsts for a game I can imagine, crazy game.
achowles
Yeah, a lot of games have looked better than this because there are a lot of games that haven't tried to squeeze themselves onto consoles. Add to that the general lethargy demonstrated towards the PC version and you've got some unimpressive graphics.

But that won't matter if the actual gameplay is good. If they've managed to combine Duke 3Ds action with modern FPS mechanics (minus the hand-holding going on in Modern Warfare clones) then it should be great fun.

Oh great more delays! If ever there was a game that didn't need more delays it's this one. Now it's due to be released on June 10th worldwide, save for the US who get it on June 14th.
Dementei
achowles wrote:
Yeah, a lot of games have looked better than this because there are a lot of games that haven't tried to squeeze themselves onto consoles. Add to that the general lethargy demonstrated towards the PC version and you've got some unimpressive graphics.

But that won't matter if the actual gameplay is good. If they've managed to combine Duke 3Ds action with modern FPS mechanics (minus the hand-holding going on in Modern Warfare clones) then it should be great fun.

Oh great more delays! If ever there was a game that didn't need more delays it's this one. Now it's due to be released on June 10th worldwide, save for the US who get it on June 14th.

Yea their video for it was pretty funny, right here:

Buncha comedians, haha.