FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need a suggestions of a good tool to delete cookies and inte

Dazz3d
Hello,

I need to take my computer to a computer repair shop for an upgrade, and I want to erase all sensitive information on it, such as cookies, internet history, some office documents, and other things. I created a few CDs with the documents that I need ( inluding my personal photos and emails ) and now I want to erase the other files without formating the drive.

Anyone can please recommend a good tool that erases them without the chance of being recouvered? I don't any young student playing around the machine and undelete files and photots ( you know, some of them are very private and personal )
Commando_Sondre
It's kinda hard to make sure you can't retrive any files. You should format your harddrive two-three times to make sure it's not (almost) possible to get any of your files.

Use CCleaner to erease cookies and internet files etc.
Dazz3d
I founded this software: http://www.amicutilities.com/privacy-guard/ ! Do you tryed it ? I downloaded the TRIAL, now i will test it!
blue77
cheeta
all in all would be using FireFox and turn on the auto clean up option turned on, so where ever u close the FF window it will clear all autometically
pClock
Hi,

I think eraser would be a good choice because it' secure and free. It overwrites every bit of data several times and you can choose the algorithm used.

You can get it here: http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/

Good Luck Wink