You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Stargate Worlds

If you are a fan of the tv shows Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis you may be happy to hear or already know that there is an MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) is now in production. It has been in production for the fast couple years.

I have been looking forward to it since I heard it was being created.

The officail website for this game is if you care to check it out.

There is a wide multitude of charachters you can choose to play as such as: Goa'uld, Jaffa, Asgard, Human - all in different playable modes.

The game will follow the story line and provide backstory for Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis aswell.

Unfortunatly I have not been able to locate a release date for this game or even an estimated release date. If any of you have been looking forward to this game and heard of a release date please post it here for me.

Please feel free to post any opinions on SG-1 or Atlantis and your views on this game. I personnaly as shohould be obvious am a big fan of both series and am looking forward to the release of this game.

I own all seasons of SG-1 on DVD and the first of Atlantis, the second season comes out on the 6th, I will be buying that season then.

Maybe I am a little obseesed. ... lol
I think... My life is now complete... Smile
Yes - eagerly awaiting it. I too own all of SG1 (current) on DVD as well as the Spec. Ed version of the movie...

We also have the current releases of Atlantis, although I am not a big fan of's nice to have the culmative set.
Talk about coincidental.. I was browsing through GameFAQ's list of RPG games yesterday and happened to notice this, and did some digging. It's weird that a day later, there's a topic here about it. Surprised

I'm looking forward to it, too. It should turn out to be a pretty good game, considering how many companies are throwing their arm in and helping out. Just makes me think why no one did this sooner. I mean.. it's STARGATE, probably the best Sci-Fi program TV right now. Ah well, atleast they've made a start now. Better late than never, eh? Razz

I'm just not sure how they're gonna work out the races to choose from. I mean, would you be able to play Gaould and have an off the mark advantage over the majority of other players? I guess only time will tell. Smile
That is pretty coincidental..

When I first heard about this game I was just like "AWESOME"

I have not played a MMORPG as of yet because I just never got into it I have always been more of a FPS player but this game will definetly make me change my mind. If you visit the link I provided earlier you will find that there are screenshots for the game already there and they look great.

I have enjoyed Stargate ever since the original movie which was very good but no where as good as the series.

Oh and if you were not aware there are to feature length films under production to come out after the end of Season 10 for SG-1.

So they have spoke about film since I believe Season 6 and now it looks that they are finnaly going to do it, which is awesome, I can't wait.

Keep watchin and keep Gamin!!!!
It was first meant as a single player game though. couple of years back, but they cancelled it and decided to make an mmorpg instead. Thank the maker!
I'm a huge fan of the series, but I haven't watched for two years. See I only picked it up 2 years ago, so I ordered DVDs seasons 1-7, and watched continusly. Now, I'm having a break, so I don't have to wait one week for each episode Razz
well I didn't even realize it was originally meant as a first person shooter, thats pretty kewl, That is the type of game i mainly play I have not played an MMORPG myself that includes WOW, but this game will change my mind when it arrives and I will play an MMORP for the first time, I seriously can't wait for it's arrival.

As I told you all Stargate Atlantis Season 2 was scheduled to come out on DVD for the 6th of this month (yesterday) it did and now i own it i bought it right away I could not wait.

For those of you that are not aware this Season of SG-1 Season 10 is the last but there are 2 feature length movies in pre-production to follow the end of the series, so if you have not seen all seasons I would recommend picking them up for your viewing pleasure and start watching Season 10, it is on hold until April in Canada and the US but it is still viewable in the UK from what I have heard.

Let's hope the rest of the season is awesome along with the movies and that Stargate Worlds will be release very soon.

Enjoy the show and any gaming you are involved in.
I wonder what, or who, people will play as.

I have heard that the Goa'uld and Tokra, Humans, Tolan and Asgard are playable characters...

I personally would be a Tokra... Martouf actually... but am looking forward to being an asgard.

Just wondering if the Ancients and Ori will be prominent characters.
I would personally believe, (i have no facts to back this up) that the ancients and Ori will not be introduced until very late in the game and i would think that we would not be able to play as these characters unless we learned how to shed our physical bodies and live as they do, obviously this would not happen with the Ori as they do not share power, but I could see it being possible to evolve into an Ancient as your game goes on.

I think that would be pretty kewl, and if you could evolve to be like the ancients could they banish you back to being mortal if you do not follow the rules, if that is the case would you be able to evolve again later in the game?

This would be very interesting to find out.

I am not sure who I would want to play as first in the game but I would eventually like to try each character and possibly take all the characters to their full level, I think that would be great, because with all the different characters you can play as, if you don't play them all I think you would lose some of the experiences of the game and that would be a shame.

Has anyone heard of a release date yet or even a hypothetical one?

Enjoy watchin and enjoy gamin all!
I search On the net and found that Stargate SG-1 is a movie.
I think this kind of the game must be interesting.
I want to play it if possible.

A Stargate movie came out in 1994 called Stargate, it later evolved into a novel (have not read), 2 live action series Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, it even had a animated series called Stargate Infinity. (I never saw this so I have no idea if it was good or not.)

Now thre are two SG1 films in production as the series is in it's last season, and Atlantis is preparing for it's fourth season.

Stargate Worlds is the latest production for the Stargate Series, I cannot wait to try this game out, as should be evident from this forum... lol

If you want to see a site that has a lot of information on all of these you can go here

Also at the bottom of that page you will find multiple links for even more information.

Enjoy watchin and gamin all!
the Previous game in development, Stargate: Alliance got cancelled. What with season 10 being the final series of SG-1 I think the hopes and chances for this MMO are failing fast, unless the two movies in production are big hits I really can't see it pulling in enough fans to warrent an MMO.
since i saw pre-production tid bits of this game, i always thought it looked promising, not really just applying to the 'cult peoples' of the phenomena that is stargate, but i could see people loving it for the way it looks and the characters you can create, i see a long future ahead of this game

love it

I did not realize there was another in game in production, I thought they just adjusted their thoughts of a FPS to an MMORPG, I hope that your assumption on this game failing is incorrect, I mean even through the original series is coming to an end it's spin-off Stargate Atlantis is still going strong to keep interest in the series, and there are just so may possibilities for this game, I really hope that it can keep going.

I believe you are right, this game will appeal to very large audience, even those who never watched the shows should be able to find something in this game that can enjoy, I mean it is so versatile and wide open, you will be able to span worlds and different races and all the races can played in different ways.

I believe this game will be an extremely amazing and very large game, I mean this game could technically become bigger than WOW if it could get a loyal fan base going. It would just take some time is all.

Enjoy watchin and gamin all!
i hope they'll finally release a Stargate game ... it's about time to do that.
The MMORPG should be interesting; i've checked their site and i see they have Unreal 3 engine, so i think will be a interesting game ... let's see Cool
Yes the Unreal 3 engine is definetly a good choice for this platform of this game, it opens up so many possiblities and allow everything to work so well, I seriously cannot wait for this game arrive.

Also I wish they would air the rest of SG-1 in Canada I don't want to wait until April.

So yes, Stargate Worlds is definetly looking to be a great game, I wish there was a release date or anything of the kind to let people like us know that the game is on it's way.

Well I guess it wil just be a waiting game.

And that game is not very fun.

just kidding everyone.

Enjoy you gamin everyone!
Wow. This actually looks pretty sweet. I would have thought this game would be pretty dumb because it's like futuristic and futuristic always looks pretty dumb, but this looks pretty cool. I'm actually a fan of the show too, but I only watch once in a while.
Well, from what I gather, the playable races/classes are Archaeologist, Asgard, Goa'uld, Jaffa, Scientist, Soldier and Commando.

Stargate Worlds: Overview

Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment has partnered with MGM Interactive to adapt the popular Stargate television franchise into an online world. Powered by the Unreal 3.0 engine and staffed by MMO veterans from around the industry, Stargate Worlds allows players to experience this rich and varied universe in a new way.

The team set out to translate real world tactical combat into their MMO. While tactics will be closer to reality, the game is by no means a first-person shooter. It employs RPG mechanics. In MMOs, combat has developed a life of its own that only vaguely resembles reality. This is not the case for Stargate. Players must operate as a team, find cover and chose their spots. Their AI enemies will.

"The last thing we want to see in our world is a bunny-hopping Jaffa," Lead Designer Dan Elggren.

The initial release of Stargate Worlds concentrates primarily on the recently cancelled Stargate SG-1 television series. The show ran for a decade, and has become a favorite in sci-fi circles. Stargate: Atlantis, according to Cheyenne Mountain, is likely to be included in an expansion pack.

While tactical combat is the signature of this game, the team also promises to go the extra mile to capture some other elements of the TV series. For example, puzzles will be a large part of the gameplay experience, something not often done in mainstream MMORPGs. The team also hopes to include combat-alternatives, such as diplomacy. The TV series was never just about gun fights, and Stargate Worlds reflects that.

Players advance in SGW through a range of archetypes closely identifiable with characters from the original series. For example, the Archeologist would be similar to Daniel Jackson from SG-1.

Stargate Worlds remains in early development. No projected launch information is available at this time.

Information taken from
eLto wrote:
Well, from what I gather, the playable races/classes are Archaeologist, Asgard, Goa'uld, Jaffa, Scientist, Soldier and Commando.

Information taken from

Yes, is true. This is also on the game's official site.
I just hope they dont screw up this game, it has a major potential to be a super game.
Kitten Kong
I will believe this the day i see it go gold. There have already been at least 3 stargate games turn into vapourware.
It would appear that the release date is approaching.

There should be beta for this by the end of the year and the game should be fully released by 2008

You can also check out some more up to date screen shots here for the game for your viewing pleasure..

So it took many years but it seems it has finally come out of pre-production and gone into full production, I can't wait for it's release, I hope I can get in on the BETA for it.

Rejoice all the time is coming closer than ever before, we finally have an estimated release, it's still a bit of a wait but at least we have more info now.
i cant wait for this, im a diehard stargate fan
hi there,

Oh MY GOD...I just hope the game will be worthy. i LUV the series (which are responsible for me getting late many many times) and I'm amazed by the theme. Oh man I'm praying for an awesome game please please please !!

Stay COol !!
This makes me really happy. I'm not much on playing games online, unfortunately, because I don't have the time to really get into anything. BUT...I might just for this one. I absolutely love the Stargate series, and this has the possibility of providing my Stargate fix after SG-1 has officially run down.
Calling all SCI-FI fans! The Stargate Interactive Adventure is coming soon!