FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

preventing spam emails

ChrisCh
Hi there. Recently, I've been receiving spam emails to xxxxxxxxx@chrisch.frih.net (that's the actual address - i havn't blanked it out). My account is setup to catch all emails. I want to leave this setting on, but just block all emails sent to that particular address... Is there a way to do this without deactivating the catch-all feature?

PS: The domains that the spam is coming from is always different, so I can't just block a domain. Sad
Bondings
Maybe setup an email account for that email address and remove all email to it?

By the way, a catch-all email address is not a good idea for the long turn. You'll start to get more and more spam to it, like admin@, ...
SpellcasterDX
Bondings wrote:

By the way, a catch-all email address is not a good idea for the long turn. You'll start to get more and more spam to it, like admin@, ...

But I still get those spam emails from webmaster@... and admin@...
despite the fact I haven't done anything with the emails.
How can I prevent them? Changing the email address from webmaster@sdx.frih.net to whateverelse@sdx.frih.net?
Bondings
SpellcasterDX wrote:
Bondings wrote:

But I still get those spam emails from webmaster@... and admin@...
despite the fact I haven't done anything with the emails.
How can I prevent them? Changing the email address from webmaster@sdx.frih.net to whateverelse@sdx.frih.net?

Changing the email address is a solution, yes. Another solution would be to bounce the emails back to the spammer, making it look like the email address doesn't work. I'm not sure how hard this is to do and it might not always work though. The first solution is definately the easiest.