FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

We need to talk.

Anything good?
yep
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
hell no
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 7

Srs2388
How many of you would agree that nothing positive can come out of these four dreaded words?
dray101
me,
if she had something good to say, she would just say it Wink

and anyway the best way to tell is not by what they say, but how they say it (tone, gesture etc)
SyncM
No, specialy in the begining and you havet see her for a wihle. But in long time relationship its more we must talk about the car, the bills and so one
KatanaSky
Most of the time yes, it doesn't exactly mean you're about to receive good news when someone approaches you with those words initially. Most of the time it means that there is a problem and they want to... well, fix it! The only way I can say that something good could come from it is... say it was a friend who's gotten frustrated with your behavior or something - they point it out, you realize you're wrong and change your ways and you're good. There goes my 2 cents Very Happy
blue77
This phrase usualy means that people realy have to talk. And the one who wants to talk is having some kind of a problem and he or she needs support. Not at all times this talk is bad and not at all times is related with the relationship between this two people. Sometimes after that people are geting more closer with each outher.
urbanbuddha
The topic will probably not be anything comfortable to talk about. But surely, the outcome of actually speaking out about something that has been bothering you would be better for a relationship than staying quiet and hoping things resolve themselves.
Subsonic Sound
Urbanbuddha's got it pretty nicely wrapped up there. I just got through a similar discussion - with my girlfriend. Didn't start with those words, but it was definitely one of those talks.

And now, we understand each other better, we're talking happily, and we're more secure as a couple.
drag0n
You never heard of 'make up sex'? If you really care for the other person and the other person cares for you, after solving a problem, no matter how ugly it was, you will both be happy for each other. Being happy for eachother after being discontent leads to the most wonderful love experience you ever had. Wink You have to see it to believe it.
giovle
I'm an all-time-positivist Smile I cannot think of many situations in which I can't find a positive thought. Except some occasions like a funeral or something, but that speaks for itself Smile.
So if my girlfriend would come up to me and say: We need to talk... I'd immediately start think: what the hell can I have done wrong? Either way, I'd work it out. Believe me, I've been in a few nasty situations, but I almost always come out as the winner Wink and ehm, now that I think of it, the previous post stated the term 'make up sex' --> everyone who isn't familiar with this custom should immediately start to experience the pleasure of a good yell at each other and then the sweet experience of rough sex. There is nothing better to seal a pact than by doing it in bed ...