FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Science and faith.





rightclickscott
http://stupidevilbastard.com/Images2/sciencevsfaith.png

Comical, yet so very true.




<edit by James007>
- Topic title changed.
- IMG to URL (too big)
</edit>
hunnyhiteshseth
Yes, it is the sad truth of life.
All our superstitions have a root somewhere in the above picture.
Thats why every wrong thing can be attributed to an imaginary thing called god...
Josso
Great image Laughing
Ducksteina
Great image Smile

(shouldn't it be in the religion forum?)
bikeflyer05
Laughing It is very, very true. Nice job finding it!
mschnell
I find it somewhat offensive, personally--making anyone "of faith" out to be a complete idiot with the use of a small diagram.
Artelis
very narrow minded view of the situation, buttttttttttttttttttttttttttt, I agree nevertheless! Hahaha, good find.
hofodomo01
I think you completely forgot the "smite the other little heathens that pollute our lands" part of the flowchart. Other than that, perfect Wink
dz9c
great find i have to show this to my friends and teachers. i agree completely
[FuN]goku
hehe nice!
Nameless
It's funny because it's true. Laughing

It's also incredibly sad because it's true. Confused
Zampano
It's stupid, as you say, that you can think that the existence of a faulty diagramn discredits religion.

Religion is not about 'ignoring contradictory evidence' and 'staying with the idea forever'; in religion I am constantly changing my philosophies to find out which one is the best-working which complies with God's laws. At any point, my ideas are different from the past . . .

Besides, rightclickscott, I would much rather be happy trying to find the meaning to life with logic and faith rather than in a revolutionary state trying to find the answer to life with logic and facts.

Read The Seven Dimensions as a Key to the General Theory of the Universe by Donald P. Scott.
cybernie
what a perfect flowchat hehehe... great job finding that one...
windrei
i just laugh to dead when i see the Faith one.... hahahaha
Liu
Some of you people really don't know how to take a joke.

Good find!
Sharpe
Great picture! :D
scotty
Zampano wrote:
It's stupid, as you say, that you can think that the existence of a faulty diagramn discredits religion.

Religion is not about 'ignoring contradictory evidence' and 'staying with the idea forever'; in religion I am constantly changing my philosophies to find out which one is the best-working which complies with God's laws. At any point, my ideas are different from the past . . .

Besides, rightclickscott, I would much rather be happy trying to find the meaning to life with logic and faith rather than in a revolutionary state trying to find the answer to life with logic and facts.

Read The Seven Dimensions as a Key to the General Theory of the Universe by Donald P. Scott.


Bible hasn't been revised recently has it?

Agree completely with the pic but yes it's a joke. Can religion and pretty much life be descirbed in a few words on a picture?
hunnyhiteshseth
Zampano wrote:
Religion is not about 'ignoring contradictory evidence' and 'staying with the idea forever'; in religion I am constantly changing my philosophies to find out which one is the best-working which complies with God's laws. At any point, my ideas are different from the past . . .


Yes, I completely agree with you. Religious people are constantly changing their philosophy, take example of god, 10000yrs. back they beleived in fire god, then 5000yrs. back they believed in rain god, 2000yrs. back they beleived in deities, now they beleive in christ, allah, ram,zillion other gods.........
See so much change, I am totally flatered by the speed & type of change!
Gosh so fast.
Wink Wink

And by the ways, what are god's laws? Because I thought it was said that god = no law. If god has laws then he should be following it otherwise he is an hypocrite.
And if he follows the laws, he cant be above them & then these laws are nothing but basic laws of physics.
babumuchhala
Well that's life.

I know a lot of stuff my religion (ISLAM) says today have been proved to be useful by science.

The irony is that, if I say something to someone with a thousand pound worth of proof no one will do it, but if I would say "THE PROPHET HAD SAID IT" done the whole world will follow it blindly. Sad

Thats the irony of life Brick wall
snowboardalliance
Nice, while it does oversimplify a little, it is true.

It is the difference between the absolute or "big T" TRUTH compared to the "small t" truth that can be proven wrong. (At least that is how my history teacher explains it)
achowles
It's been said thousands of times before, but I've never seen it displayed so effectively.

It's worth noting though, that religions have evolved over time. The basic concept of higher beings has changed and adapted as people's understanding of the world improved. Far more slowly and with far less grounding than science, but it has happened.
mschnell
If you want to say that science is more powerful than religion or whatever you're trying to show here, then why don't you use your all-powerful god "SCIENCE" to disprove religion.
Zampano
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Zampano wrote:
Religion is not about 'ignoring contradictory evidence' and 'staying with the idea forever'; in religion I am constantly changing my philosophies to find out which one is the best-working which complies with God's laws. At any point, my ideas are different from the past . . .


Yes, I completely agree with you. Religious people are constantly changing their philosophy, take example of god, 10000yrs. back they beleived in fire god, then 5000yrs. back they believed in rain god, 2000yrs. back they beleived in deities, now they beleive in christ, allah, ram,zillion other gods.........
See so much change, I am totally flatered by the speed & type of change!
Gosh so fast.
Wink Wink

And by the ways, what are god's laws? Because I thought it was said that god = no law. If god has laws then he should be following it otherwise he is an hypocrite.
And if he follows the laws, he cant be above them & then these laws are nothing but basic laws of physics.

No, God's laws for humans to follow, like: "Thou shalt not kill."
God does not break his own rules, except sometimes in the Old Testament, which we can safely assume as a working theory is a bunch of exaggerated Hebrew superstition.
Zampano
snowboardalliance wrote:
Nice, while it does oversimplify a little, it is true.

It is the difference between the absolute or "big T" TRUTH compared to the "small t" truth that can be proven wrong. (At least that is how my history teacher explains it)

What's the 't'?

Oh, and I meant my own personal countenance towards religion, not people to religion in general; I think, and change my mind just like scientists. It's just that they use material stuff to alter their beliefs, like an experiment; I use my own brain, which I think is a bunch more reliable.
hofodomo01
it's also another valid point argued by aldous huxley that the only reason people have religion is that they're miserable. if society is forever more high on drugs and orgies, then who needs religion?

just a tool to try and justify the world? whatever works for humanity, whether that sounds like an overexaggeration or not...
arowphin
The bible is true!
The bible has never changed!
Science has changed dramaticly in the past centuries!

1700's, "Somebody's sic! Quick, get the leeches! bleed him! We can surely save his life by draining the blood out of his body!"

1400's, "We of the Geographical Science Society find that it is illogical and unscientific that the earth is round!"

Listen, if you can show me one thing in the bible that's been disproven, or controdicts something else in the bible, I will stop sharing my faith.

As for me... I believe in God, I believe in Jesus, I believe in Heaven, and I believe in hell. If you dont believe that Jesus is God's son, and if you dont accept him as your savior and, ask forgiveness of your sins, and repent, Then you will go to hell. But if you do believe that Jesus is God's son, and if you do accept him as your savior and, ask forgiveness of your sins, and repent. You will be saved, and you will go to heaven some day!
mschnell
hofodomo01 wrote:
it's also another valid point argued by aldous huxley that the only reason people have religion is that they're miserable. if society is forever more high on drugs and orgies, then who needs religion?

just a tool to try and justify the world? whatever works for humanity, whether that sounds like an overexaggeration or not...


There's a difference between pleasure and joy, my friend.
erlendhg
Nice one.
I think I like it quite a bit Smile
Have got more of that kind?
hunnyhiteshseth
Zampano wrote:

No, God's laws for humans to follow, like: "Thou shalt not kill."
God does not break his own rules, except sometimes in the Old Testament, which we can safely assume as a working theory is a bunch of exaggerated Hebrew superstition.


And, Science's law for everybody & not only for humans to follow is "Thou shalt kill otherwise get killed"
This is the truth of life, if you dont kill then you will get killed.

Take example of you, dont you eat food, if you eat food then you are killing somebody.
Meat = Killing animals
Veg. Food = Killing Plants

So you yourself are saying God's law is a really idiotic law.
arowphin
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Zampano wrote:

No, God's laws for humans to follow, like: "Thou shalt not kill."
God does not break his own rules, except sometimes in the Old Testament, which we can safely assume as a working theory is a bunch of exaggerated Hebrew superstition.


And, Science's law for everybody & not only for humans to follow is "Thou shalt kill otherwise get killed"
This is the truth of life, if you dont kill then you will get killed.

Take example of you, dont you eat food, if you eat food then you are killing somebody.
Meat = Killing animals
Veg. Food = Killing Plants

So you yourself are saying God's law is a really idiotic law.


When God first created us, he never wanted us to kill animals to eat meat.
Genisis 1:29 says,
"Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."

After Adam and Eve sinned God allowed them to kill animals to eat meat.

In Acts 10:9-16, of The Bible, it says,
"9 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour: 10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance, 11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: 12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. 13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. 14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. 15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. 16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven."

When The Bible says in Exodus 20:13, "Thou shalt not kill." he meant not to murder other humans.

In Matthew 19:18, it says,
"He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,"

Therefore, we can kill to eat animals and plants, we just cant murder humans.

Therefore, God's law is not idiotic!
arowphin
Zampano wrote:
It's stupid, as you say, that you can think that the existence of a faulty diagramn discredits religion.

Religion is not about 'ignoring contradictory evidence' and 'staying with the idea forever'; in religion I am constantly changing my philosophies to find out which one is the best-working which complies with God's laws. At any point, my ideas are different from the past . . .

Besides, rightclickscott, I would much rather be happy trying to find the meaning to life with logic and faith rather than in a revolutionary state trying to find the answer to life with logic and facts.

Read The Seven Dimensions as a Key to the General Theory of the Universe by Donald P. Scott.


Have you tried Christianity?
hunnyhiteshseth
arowphin wrote:

When God first created us, he never wanted us to kill animals to eat meat.
Genisis 1:29 says,
"Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."

After Adam and Eve sinned God allowed them to kill animals to eat meat.

In Acts 10:9-16, of The Bible, it says,
"9 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour: 10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance, 11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: 12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. 13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. 14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. 15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. 16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven."

When The Bible says in Exodus 20:13, "Thou shalt not kill." he meant not to murder other humans.

In Matthew 19:18, it says,
"He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,"

Therefore, we can kill to eat animals and plants, we just cant murder humans.

Therefore, God's law is not idiotic!


Yes, he never wanted us to kill animals, he just wanted us to kill all plants, trees & crops. Right! Killing animals was bad but killing plants was ok. Good justice.
Now can you tell me what sins had plants done so that they had been allowed to kill?

And going by your example, if Adam & eve commit another sin he may allow killing humans, then another sin & allow stealing & so on.......?


By the way, When you are quoting some text use: [quote ] [ /quote] tags please.
hofodomo01
That's pretty interesting, I've never thought of that before.

God accepted animal sacrifices from time to time...Abraham and his son...you say that was because Adam and Eve had already sinned, and God allowed it thereafter?
Qube
My only problems today with religions is their focus.
I honestly believe there isn't 1 right religion.
I think the way our creator (assuming you believe in that) would want is it that we better ourselves.
Not all this mess about using force against the "heathens" or justifying things w/ religion.
Better yourself, help others, don't do needless harmful things.
That's how I live and it's worked out great.
I don't need a religion to depend on.

PS: Nice flowchart.
Hilarious, I just wish others weren't so...anal.
Related topics
science vs. religion
Is there really something after this life?
Theory of religion and science
Some Notes on the Nature of Science
Define Religion?
Do you believe in Alternative Medicine?
Should anyone's personal beliefs force cultural change?
Evolution
Science Confirms Bible?
Faith and Logic
Randomness is an illusion. [philosophy/science]
What happens JUST when you die?
Science: A Religion
Is philosophy a science?
Do you think creationism should be regarded as science?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.