FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Deleted all files in File Manager

mawia
I have uploaded my webpages in public_html but I can't browse because of some error in uploading. I want to upload again so I deleted all the files in File manager.

In Filezilla whenever I try to upload it says "no directory listing" so public_html does not show. Please help me upload my website successfully.
wumingsden
mawia wrote:
I have uploaded my webpages in public_html but I can't browse because of some error in uploading. I want to upload again so I deleted all the files in File manager.

In Filezilla whenever I try to upload it says "no directory listing" so public_html does not show. Please help me upload my website successfully.

I thought that the FTP problem was solved, but it seems I was wrong.

Try uploading the files in passive mode rather than active mode, and it should work.
You could also upload the files in .tar.gz compressed format and unzip them via directadmin.
tidruG
Did you say you deleted everything under File Manager?
That means you probably deleted the control panel folders too, such as public_html and public_ftp and all?
In that case, you have no other option but to get your entire account reset (indirectly, deleted and re-created)

Please confirm here if this is what you have actually done, and also mention the name of your account creator so that your site can be reset faster.
wumingsden
tidruG wrote:
Did you say you deleted everything under File Manager?
That means you probably deleted the control panel folders too, such as public_html and public_ftp and all?
In that case, you have no other option but to get your entire account reset (indirectly, deleted and re-created)

Please confirm here if this is what you have actually done, and also mention the name of your account creator so that your site can be reset faster.

You are his account creator Laughing
tidruG
Ah, so I am Very Happy

OK, mawia, I checked out your account. As I suspected, you have deleted everything.
I'll reset your account, and send you a new password via PM.
Please login again using this new password, and let me know if everything's OK.
mawia
Thank you so much tidruG. I got the password and will try to login into my account. I am sorry to cause you extra trouble.

The reason I deleted the files was because I have uploaded my website through Filezilla but I could not browse the site. Thinking that since the files were uploaded incorrectly they might cause problem when I upload the site afresh. I can't make out which file is which so I simply deleted all of them.

Hope I'll learn from my mistake.
tidruG
mawia wrote:
Thank you so much tidruG. I got the password and will try to login into my account. I am sorry to cause you extra trouble.

The reason I deleted the files was because I have uploaded my website through Filezilla but I could not browse the site. Thinking that since the files were uploaded incorrectly they might cause problem when I upload the site afresh. I can't make out which file is which so I simply deleted all of them.

Hope I'll learn from my mistake.

No problem.
If you're using FileZilla, make sure you upload all your files into the public_html directory. Once you place them there, you will be able to browser them.
I also suggest that you never mess around with any file in any directory above public_html (except maybe .htaccess, but that too only if you're confident of what you're doing).
Best of luck now.
Let me know if everything worked out... if it's all good, I'd like to close this thread.
swizzy
so deleting ones public_html folder means reset! (damn, i was going to do this a while back!)

but a new public_html folder can always be created from the file manager or via ftp > domains > username > create folder
tidruG
swizzy wrote:
so deleting ones public_html folder means reset! (damn, i was going to do this a while back!)

but a new public_html folder can always be created from the file manager or via ftp > domains > username > create folder

I don't think it's that easy.
public_html is a default DirectAdmin-created folder. A user creating public_html doesn't work how the original used to, as far as I know.