FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Windows XP language





pollux1er
A friend of mine has Windows Xp but it is entirely italian. Do you think there is an issue to change the language of his windows XP? Please help us.
wlb
Chinese having a edition resolving language to assemble problem here explains that you can attempt an once.
you can translate this url http://bbs.kelong.name/archiver/?tid-34.html to your language.
Bones
If he doesn't speak Italian, why does he have the Italian version of XP?
You should be able to change the setting in Regional and Language options, although I'm not sure how well it works as I have never used it.

The obvious thing to do is to purchase your OS in the language that you want to use it in, in the first place.
blueray
It depends on whether you needs the UI or application supports !!

If you needs only the application support. You can install addition language on the regional setting option in the control panel.

otherwise, obtains a copy of interface language pack for UI from microsoft.

finally, got a version of windows xp for your language.

Hope this help. Smile


Eric,
pollux1er
Bones wrote:
If he doesn't speak Italian, why does he have the Italian version of XP?
You should be able to change the setting in Regional and Language options, although I'm not sure how well it works as I have never used it.

The obvious thing to do is to purchase your OS in the language that you want to use it in, in the first place.


It is a present that has been offered to him. It comes from Italy. That's probably why it is in italian.
pollux1er
wlb wrote:
Chinese having a edition resolving language to assemble problem here explains that you can attempt an once.
you can translate this url http://bbs.kelong.name/archiver/?tid-34.html to your language.



If you can help me to translate it i would be pleased. Because i don't even know where tot start! Thanks
johanfh
I translated the page using Babelfish (babelfish.altavista.com) but as far as I can see this page is just about installing servicepack 1, maybe another language servicepack 1, but it does not change the language of the original installation.
Microsoft says you can't change the default language of your system (the menus, dialogs, messages, etc.) You can read this here

JohanFH
ronald.helpdesk
the best idea is to obtain a copy in your main language, the thing is, that I had never seen before a multilanguage version of microsoft's operating systems, the regional settings allow you to interpretate different unicodes and alfabets, in browsing, fonts, and other codes, if you change your regional settings, the change that is aplied is in the way the operating system and utilities locate you, the keyboard disposition, currency symbols displaying, date and time formatting and stuff like that, it doesn't change the UI of the operating system, at least in the versions I have installed. But maybe I'm wrong, I've been wrong before... hehe.

either way, I've seen some operating systems like Linux, that let you choose the user interface language from the installation options.

but I've never seen such a thing in microsoft's os.

my advise, get another copy of the os installation cd in your main language.
pollux1er
ronald.helpdesk wrote:
the best idea is to obtain a copy in your main language, the thing is, that I had never seen before a multilanguage version of microsoft's operating systems, the regional settings allow you to interpretate different unicodes and alfabets, in browsing, fonts, and other codes, if you change your regional settings, the change that is aplied is in the way the operating system and utilities locate you, the keyboard disposition, currency symbols displaying, date and time formatting and stuff like that, it doesn't change the UI of the operating system, at least in the versions I have installed. But maybe I'm wrong, I've been wrong before... hehe.

either way, I've seen some operating systems like Linux, that let you choose the user interface language from the installation options.

but I've never seen such a thing in microsoft's os.

my advise, get another copy of the os installation cd in your main language.


I agree with what you say but the thing is that I had not a clone! I have got a Dell. And formatting the old one, I will lose my drivers. Do you understand now! I thought about it.
ronald.helpdesk
pollux1er wrote:
ronald.helpdesk wrote:
the best idea is to obtain a copy in your main language, the thing is, that I had never seen before a multilanguage version of microsoft's operating systems, the regional settings allow you to interpretate different unicodes and alfabets, in browsing, fonts, and other codes, if you change your regional settings, the change that is aplied is in the way the operating system and utilities locate you, the keyboard disposition, currency symbols displaying, date and time formatting and stuff like that, it doesn't change the UI of the operating system, at least in the versions I have installed. But maybe I'm wrong, I've been wrong before... hehe.

either way, I've seen some operating systems like Linux, that let you choose the user interface language from the installation options.

but I've never seen such a thing in microsoft's os.

my advise, get another copy of the os installation cd in your main language.


I agree with what you say but the thing is that I had not a clone! I have got a Dell. And formatting the old one, I will lose my drivers. Do you understand now! I thought about it.


Maybe you should check out if your model has software and drivers, ready to download in the Dell's site, or ftp, compile a drivers and utilities cd by and for yourself, and try to format the computer using a formatted hard drive, and see if the experiment works, if it doesn't you can still have your os installed in the main hard drive, with no changes. Either way, I wonder how hard is for you to acquire a brand new copy of the os and drivers from dell in your language. What was the model of your dell by the way? maybe we can help you to get your device drivers from the net, and help you out with this...

Grtz
pollux1er
Quote:


Maybe you should check out if your model has software and drivers, ready to download in the Dell's site, or ftp, compile a drivers and utilities cd by and for yourself, and try to format the computer using a formatted hard drive, and see if the experiment works, if it doesn't you can still have your os installed in the main hard drive, with no changes. Either way, I wonder how hard is for you to acquire a brand new copy of the os and drivers from dell in your language. What was the model of your dell by the way? maybe we can help you to get your device drivers from the net, and help you out with this...

Grtz


Thanks to understand me. Dell Inspiron E1505. I'm still looking for drivers but i don't know if i will find them totally one day. specially ther video driver which is not valid.
pollux1er
johanfh wrote:
I translated the page using Babelfish (babelfish.altavista.com) but as far as I can see this page is just about installing servicepack 1, maybe another language servicepack 1, but it does not change the language of the original installation.
Microsoft says you can't change the default language of your system (the menus, dialogs, messages, etc.) You can read this here

JohanFH


Thanks johan but iread it and i saw this: "The language group controls which system locale, user locales, input locales, and User Interface (UI) languages a person can select.

Windows 2000 installs with the Western Europe and United States language group. Installing the Western Europe and United States is not optional, and this default cannot be removed
"

I just want you to see that they are talking of 2000 and not XP. Do you agree?
Zyphrius
When using XP you can install multiple language support, but this is just for what is displayed to you, the actual Operating System will stay in the language that it was installed in.

This is why you can buy XP in English, French, Italian and so on versions of XP. They do this for people that speak these languages, the actual Kernal for the OS is wrote in these languages.

If you need it to be in English, unfortunatly the only way for you to do that is to buy the English version of XP to have on your system.

It is possible as I said to install multiple language pack which will allow you to choose the language you wish to have information dispalyed in but all this does is translate from the language that was originally installed. And keep in mind that no language translator is completly fool proof so you may not get all the info exactly as it is supposed to be.

So unfortunaltly you will need to buy the english version of XP so that the Kernal of the Operating System is in English.
bulek
There are language packs for Windows XP so you can easily change your default language. You can buy it from local Windows seller on get it illegal for free on torrent sites.
reigans
You can download diferent language packs in internet for your computer...
pollux1er
reigans wrote:
You can download diferent language packs in internet for your computer...


Yes but i want you to explain me clearly how to do. I need to change that language.
Related topics
Shutdown & Restart Shortcuts for Windows XP & Window
751 Useful Windows XP Files
Which is better Xbox or PC
What cause Windows XP to freeze?
windows xp
XP in your language
Microsoft set to test security software
Webpage Design Programs
Windows XP 'nin anlamını biliyormusunuz?
Windows xp service pack 2
Boot up Windows XP 60 times faster
Windows XP Tricks & Tips!!!!
Windows XP SP3 comming soon
Keyboard Language Problem with Windows XP SP2
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Computer Problems and Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.