FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Host

Seiji
Has anyone saw the previews for it yet in the U.S. Its a pretty famous Korean Monster movie that came out in 2004 and sold 12million + tickets. I saw it awhile ago and was wondering if anyone else is going to see it in theaters when it comes out? I think the U.S. release is in March.
Blu_Spykz
I live in England, and in our HMV music superstore they have both the original "Host" and the remake on DVD...

I was going to buy them both as they both look amazing... but I bought 4 Classic Dr. Who DVD's instead.

Will have to wait til' next payday Smile
Seiji
I ordered the DVD from Yesasia a while ago. The special effects are definitely amazing. I'm hoping that another great Korean movie comes into the U.S.
blk3
Yes, Ive seen it even before it was released outside of Asia. It has nice visual effects (the kind that doesnt cheat the viewers by obscuring the monster by the dark lighting or shor changing the viewers by showing the monster only about the last half of the movie). What I like about it is that a few minutes and there you go (the monster is already out).
chaotikremix
Same here. I saw it before it was released in the US. A very good action/horror/comedy/drama movie. When they first show the monster, it was so exciting. My heart was pumping literally. The ending is pretty cool too. The movie had some humor in which Americans might not understand like the last scene of the movie.
IronWolf87
the host is also a creepy episode of the x-files about a fluke worm/man thing Shocked
Seiji
It seems like most of us saw before its U.S. release. It also is the first Korean movie to reach $1million. Hopefully some more blockbuster Korean films can come into the Korean market. I know Typhoon did but not exactly sure how much it sold though.