FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can't download pdf file

woundedhealer
I want to have pdf file format download on my website, but when I tried to dowload a file (right clicking and using save target as) I had the following message:

Internet Explorer is unable to open this Internet site. the requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found.

I tried it several times but I got the same message each time.
Bondings
You normally only need to put it somewhere inside your public_html directory and then put the url to the file in your browser. If it still doesn't work, please provide an url to the file or tell me where it is located and I'll take a look at it.
woundedhealer
I don't think I explained the problem very well.
I want to have some etexts in pdf format that people can download onto their computer. I thought that I could just to do it as a link that people could right click on.

The url for this page is http://www.celticawen.frih.net/mythology/welsh/etexts.htm

This is just a test page. as you'll see, I've still got some bugs to get rid of. Which I'll probably have to yell 'help' for.
mathiaus
Try replacing the spaces in the PDF's file name with underscores or hyphens, and the same with the link to it.
Bondings
Try http://www.celticawen.frih.net/mythology/welsh/mabinogi.pdf .
woundedhealer
I've changed the file name of the pdf file and I'm still getting the same message. This is the link to it:

<a href="/mabinogi.pdf"><font size="+1">The
Four branches of the mabinogi</font></a>

I've studied it and can't see anything wrong with it.

The etexts.htm file and mabinogi.pdf file are in the same folder. I just found out I can't access it by left clicking on the link either.

It's too late for me to try and sort it tonight, I'll just make stupid mistakes if I keep trying.
Bondings
Try to remove the slash before the filename. Both "mabinogi.pdf" and "./mabinogi.pdf" should be working. Or simply use the full url.

The browsers normally render a starting slash (which you used) as relative to the domain and not the current directory.
woundedhealer
Thanks for the help. I removed the slash and it works Exclamation You guys are great. Such a silly mistake to make.