FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

phpBB forum in middle of site???

ncwdavid
Hey, I want to know is it possible to put my phpBB forum in the middle colum of my 3 colum website layout? I think i have seen it somewhere but im not too sure it might have been a custom forum. So any ideas?
Hogwarts
ncwdavid wrote:
Hey, I want to know is it possible to put my phpBB forum in the middle colum of my 3 colum website layout? I think i have seen it somewhere but im not too sure it might have been a custom forum. So any ideas?

It certainly is.

One way is to use an iFrame, and have the forum inside it.

Another way is for the template of the forum to match that of your site.
ohmsford
xD!
Yeah, I did that once.

http://www.icehedge.co.nr

There, in one of the iframes is a forum, the downside to the forum in an iframe is that it asks you to "log in" a lot to access it, but then it just makes it pop up full on and without the other collumns. It makes me pretty mad so I gave up on that site and allowed people to take over. Smile

So, if I can find a small forum without logins (Because I have created my log in already) I will be more than happy to manipulate it into my iframe. ^_^'.
Vuwe
Just open index.php from your phpbb, and copy and paste all that code were you want the forum to be in your page. Then rename your page to index.php and replace that with the index.php in your phpbb directory. I think that should do it.
ohmsford
Yeah, I figured that one out. ^^
But every time I do it, it says you must be logged in once more. *cough* Time to terminate sessions!!! *cough* xD Oh well, I am just going to handwrite my own forum ^_^'. Thanks anyways.
Antoine_935
Vuwe wrote:
Just open index.php from your phpbb, and copy and paste all that code were you want the forum to be in your page. Then rename your page to index.php and replace that with the index.php in your phpbb directory. I think that should do it.

Operating this way could be dangerous, because of variables than can already have been set.
btw: It would be the same as making a simple include in you script...