FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mass Rape in India

ibay
An incident occurred in India in which 13 women were gang raped by a group of men. We usually see Mass Rape occur during war when invading armies rape women, and soldiers see them as a war booty. So it is strange to see Mass Rape happen during peacetime.
Nowadays, rapists in most of the third world countries are finding it harder to commit such heinous acts because of increased social awareness and stricter punishments. But in India, it seems they are finding more freedom to rape, and hence commit this crime with such an impunity.

http://zeenews.com/articles.asp?rep=2&aid=356566&sid=REG
bangala
Looks like a sort of political corruption as some politicians were involved in this incidence. The motive behind it, according to the news, is to create terror among the electorate.
Mordane
The term "mass rape" doesn’t quite seem right to me, as atrocious a crime as it was, 13 and "mass" don't seem to fit, I associate Mass anything with thousands, Mass Genocide, Mass Exodus. Anyway that’s just grim technicalities.

What interests me is the illicit liquor factory, is it illegal to brew liquor in India?
HoboPelican
Mordane wrote:
The term "mass rape" doesn’t quite seem right to me, as atrocious a crime as it was, 13 and "mass" don't seem to fit, I associate Mass anything with thousands, Mass Genocide, Mass Exodus. Anyway that’s just grim technicalities.

I think "mass" seems appropriate here. If a man killed 13 people, it is very likely you would here him called a mass murderer.
evilryu530
too damn crazy. i feel sorryone doe? for the women, but what can any anyonne do? it's up to them...the guys, i hope they burn in hell.
paul_indo
HoboPelican wrote:

I think "mass" seems appropriate here. If a man killed 13 people, it is very likely you would here him called a mass murderer.

I agree with you on this, mass murder or rape means generally a small number of people commit the crime so the victims are not as many as mass genocide which is usually carried out by hundreds or thousands, even millions of people (a whole ethnic group) so the number of victims is also many times larger.
Kelvin
henious crimes are quite rampant in India. Ethnic crimes... rapes, murders etc. Life is treated so cheaply there that they can kill a person over USD 1 or less during an argument. You'll always read of gang rapes in India but this one is new. It's getting worse.
rheanna
sad indeed..

Mordane wrote:

What interests me is the illicit liquor factory, is it illegal to brew liquor in India?

lol Mordane...we got to have our liquor...crossing India off my list...
indianinworld
Cruel #######.

I feel sorry for the girls. But i feel certainly, there is some political back up.
Tokci
A very sad incident indeed...but what more disturbing is the fact that some politician are trying to encash on this as well.

Its very common in India to somehow relate everything with politics and strengthen the vote bank.
suntzu3500
Why should an inquiry have to be ordered into it? Shouldn't an automatic inquiry take place? In many countries, rapes are silenced, sometimes even by law. Some villages in Mexico don't even have laws against it. It saddens me to see that India is like this as well. At least not all of the country is that backwards.
mOrpheuS
Mordane wrote:

Without a license it is.
unlicensed = illicit.

suntzu3500 wrote:
Why should an inquiry have to be ordered into it? Shouldn't an automatic inquiry take place?

There's no need for anyone to "order" an enquiry.
Just filing a complaint is enough to set the police in action.

However, an "ordered" enquiry is much healthier for the politicians. Wink

suntzu3500 wrote:
Some villages in Mexico don't even have laws against it. It saddens me to see that India is like this as well. At least not all of the country is that backwards.

I think it's good that such things do come into the limelight in India.
There are certain other countries (some also in that region) which are much worse in terms of woman/human rights but where things like this go largely unreported.
iNs@nE
Yes.

The condition of tribals in India hasnt changed a bit over the course of years. Such things keep happening but no one wants to do anything about it..

Yes...a couple of politicians did raise an issue but it's all for their gain and gaining sympathy to extract the votes....thats all...it all went calm and back into the shadows just a few days later..

some stuff are never meant to be changed..

i do not deny that people in india do not want to change..but i have to also consider the fact that india is soo deep in the shadows of corruption that it will take a long long time to get out of it if it starts working on it now..

all we can do is hope that such incidents dont take place in the future..!!
vedtiwari
There is only one punishment for these rapists.
Hang Them, Till Death........