FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what of these would you give up and why

Yantaal
sight
hearing
speech

i think this is quite a toughy
CrimsonStrange
As long as I had some way to communicate otherwise, (meaning my hands worked fine for writing, typing, sign language, etc.) I'd readily give up speech.

I usually don't have much to talk about anyway. LoL Wink
R2.DETARD
speech,
IM and things like that can substitute it, whereas there is no substitute for sight or hearing.
ehecatl
I think I'd have to say speech because I can't listen without hearing and I can't see without sight (duh to both of those) but I can still express what I'm feeling and thinking in so many ways other than speech. I've done day of silence for gay/bi/lesbian rights many times and I think I could live without speaking.
David_Pardy
Definitely speech.

I like to see where I'm going, and as a musician the last thing I want to do is lose my hearing.

I can live without talking. Plus, I'll never have to answer the phone at work ever again! I'll have to tap morse code or something when communicating with family or friends Wink.
datter
Yantaal wrote:
sight
hearing
speech

Speech. There are too many people doing too much talking as it is, someone has to listen... and besides I could communicate in other ways.

datter
LayeredDefense
In my entire life the one thing that I have always loved to use would be my hearing since I absolutely love playing Rhythm games and have become quite talented in them. I would also need sight to go along with that in order to know what kind of game I am playing and to see the notes on the screen to match up with them. I don't need to speak to play Dance Dance Revolution or StepMania nor do I need it to play most games out there, so i'd have to vote for Speech.

A lot of people will probably vote speech because during this time of computers you are able to type out everything you think instead of having to scribble furiously or have to talk to someone over the phone. I am a big online collab and love to write messages to people but am not much of a big speaker. I do talk to everyone I care about, but I don't even own a cell phone nor do I speak on the phone or anything like that.
bikeflyer05
Hearing because i could then learn to read lips. Its only logical. The smarter man would do it. Razz
standready
Speech. Nobody listens when I speak anyway, so no great loss.
fx-trading-education
I would say hearing, because you can still talk with people, read on their lips and anyway look the subtitles for movies.
Also there will be no more shouting, screaming, noise.

And anyway we lose gradually the hearing getting older, so it is anyway something that will go worse (speech and sight may also go worse with age but not so much than hearing)
Captain Fertile
I too would have to say speech, it is the sense I use least of all. The other too are pretty important to me - especially my sight. I would really hate to lose my sight, so mant of the things that make my life enjoyable require my sight.
Fright Knight
Sight. Well, why? it's because many people are judging others on how they look. I guess losing my sight is not that bad. At least I can guarantee that if I like a person, its because of his/her character and not the way she/he looks.
The_Gamer294
definately speech, i used to be a mute through elementary school (9th grade now, i got over it a while ago) and i got by great, friends, grades, my music teacher was a b**** though because i wouldn't sing lol who needs speech anyway
Petee
I'd have to definitely say speech. I'm a very art and musically inclined person, and I would go insane without being to hear music (whether I'm playing it or not), or see the world (and people) around me. I think I could settle for having to write down what I want to say, or use sign language or something to communicate.
sbel
Speech

I'm normally alone, even if i'm not i still can talk. Maybe not so clearly. You don't whisper in a bar do you? Laughing
Artelis
sight. I'm a musician.
bartdou
speech of course,
the 90% imformation we get is from sight so we cannot give up sight,
if you lose the capability of hearing, you will soon lose the capability of speech, this is trre.
So, giving up speech costs least losing, at least you can write,
However, none is better to be as clear as a bell.
vaughands
Speech.

If I was to lose Hearing how would I listen to music and danger.
If I was to lose Sight how would I see danger.
If I was to lose to Speech I could see, talk on IM's and hear danger.
Ducksteina
Speech.
I'm a good listener anyway Wink
Also, there are so many possibilites to communicate without voice...
emjawa
As a musician, speech. I would be useless if I couldn't hear, (well, not useless as such, Beethoven still composed after going deaf... but he was a hell of a lot more talented than me!) and without sight then I would be too frustrated and would find it very hard when playing piano with making slip ups and not being able to read the music. Besides, people can generally tell how I'm feeling by the way I play my instruments!
Josso
Speech definatly, I couldn't decide between hearing and sight though.
Nameless
I'd give up speech.

Losing sight would be a major disadvantage and hindrance.
Losing hearing would be less of a problem, but still a fairly major one.
Losing speech, on the other hand, while a problem, would be one that could be worked around fairly easily. Even just paper and pen could convey messages, and in an increasingly electronic based world, commication in other means would become a real alternative.
Zampano
I'd give up none of course! You didn't specify in your original post that I had to choose one at all. So thank you very much Yantaal, I'll keep my ears, eyes, and nose! Surprised

But I won't elude answering. If one had to be taken, I'd give up speech, as I can clearly give a message without the aid of my mouth.
KatanaSky
Like the majority of the replies before me... I'd have to say that if I had to I'd lose my ability to speak. (I am after all I have more of a quiet personality - depending mostly on who it is I am interacting with). I admit, to lose the ability to speak would become frustrating and just as devastating should it ever happen *knock on wood* but to lose speech it would mean that my ability to see and hear would be enhanced also. Rolling Eyes
erlendhg
Yeah, quite a toughy...
I must say speech too. Without hearing or seeing, you get so isolated from the world around you, and those two will also be most important for me, as a musician. Only thing, I wouldn't be able to sing then...
achowles
Speech. I don't talk much as it is. Very Happy

Still, it's not an easy choice. I nearly went with hearing until I thought more about it.

Sight I wouldn't give up for anything.
Zenireth
Yantaal wrote:
sight
hearing
speech

None. I love my sight because i wouldnt be able to web design without it and my hearing i love more! i can't go a day with out good old Slipknot Very Happy hmmm... i think it would have to be speech because i don't socialize much, call me sad i don't mind but it's sadly true
varon
speech. without sight i would not be able to read, without hearing i would not be able to listen to music (and playing the piano would then be meaningless). it's true, we can always communicate in so many other ways. speech is the least sense i use -- i'm not much a speaker or talker anyway. though, as a teacher, it will be pretty hard to teach without the faculty of speech. but it's still doable. or, i guess i'll just have to be a writer, then. Razz
FaLLeN
Ill have to go speech aswell. Im a fairly shy person i guess so atleast if i had no voice i would have an excuse not to talk...and if i didnt have sight i wouldnt be able to use my pc, and with sound i couldnt listen to my music...so speech i COULD live without, but obviously im very glad i can speak.
rheanna
Speech-I work better when I don't talk to anyone ;o)
Shin
Like most people I think I have to choose speech. Losing sight is unthinkable for me.
Yjaxygames
Talking is very important for me, and I don't wanna lose my sight. I think I would be off best when I have no hearing anymore. Although I wouldn't want to lose 1 of them anyway.
Qube
If I had to, speech all the way.
It wouldn't be a big stretch, as I'm not a very big talker.
I like to let ppl talk.
If I don't have anything important to say, I don't say anything.
Given there are times I make jokes and such.
But it's like that saying, I forget exactly how it goes but...
It's better to be silent and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and prove it.
justnewbie
It's really a tough one.. if I had to really give up on one, it's speech. With today's technology, I think it's not that difficult for a man without speech to express himself. He could write and type though it's not as effective as words. I cannot imagine myself losing sight and hearing.. I wanted to see the world, and hear the sounds. Looks like input is more inportant than output.
seanooi
I'd give up speech. At least i can still hear to learn how to write and use sign languages.
funnyerror
I would get rid of speech, that way i can still hear and see everything, but will just need to talk in sign language. Which would be easier than everyone else learning sign language or me learning brail.

-FE
toughtrio
I actually think that most people would give up speech, as we have developed more alternatives for it than the other two choices.

How about continuing with hearing or sight, which human attribute from the two mentioned would someone give up if in a situation to choose from both?

Warm Regards,
TruPain
Definately speech...

If I were to lose hearing, my speech would suffer cause I wouldn't be able to her myself talk, so speech would basically be a waste.

As for sight, If I was blind, I would not be able to see the beautiful things around me grow, such as my wife and daughter...

Speech is the only logical thing to lose if I had a choice... At least I could write out what I wanted to say...

This may also be due to the fact that my grandfather had a tracheometry done when I was younger, and other than the phone, he carried on quite well for hiimself...
kevin briggs
it would have to be speech.
at least you could see and hear what is going on, and you could always write things down or learn to sign your reply when someone ask's you something.
but hopefully i will never have to find out.
reddishblue
As an artist, I couldn't bear to lose my sight, I like music so I'll keep my hearing, but I wouldn't mind to lose my speech, people will think of me as more thoughtful if I never utter a sound Silenced
Fuzzy-Duck
I'd have to plump for speech too - I think that coping without your sight would be unbearable. Losing my hearing would not be quite as bad on a practical day-to-day basis, but I'd possibly feel even more isolated from the rest of world than I would with no sight.

For example, have you ever tried to catch a Deaf person's attention whan they're not looking at you? Plus people have a tendancy to treat Deaf people as if they're stupid or a child - it's unpleasent to witness.

So again, I'd go for speech Surprised

It's very interesting to read the arguments of the few people who don't choose speech - they're mostly inconceivable to me but other people's viewpoints always will be I suppose!

Cheers,
fuzzy
mstreet
For me speech. I know ASL and I can write and point and signal to people what I want.
DynamicNames
Sight, as hearing and speech would be nothing without eachother, except if you learn to read lips. Wouldn't want to lose 2 things, rather than just having to lose 1.
biljap
Speech. I need some way to communicate with others. I would be scared if I couldn’t see and hear at the same time… Can you imagine that feeling? Not knowing what’s happening around you?
frozenhead
I use often my sight and my listening skills for most of the parts of my work. I can't afford to loose both so I say my speech would be the one I'll give up.
Jack_Hammer
Yantaal wrote:
sight
hearing
speech

I would give up speech as I already know a bit of sign language, but we rely on out sight much more than any other of our major senses.
eku53ru
I think the thing that I would give up the most easily, as long as my limbs were intact, is speech. I cannot imagine losing the ability to see the colors of the objects and things, as well as the people around me. I also cannot imagine what life would be like if I could not hear music. Although I do enjoy talking and singing, losing the latter two abilities would prove to be more difficult for me, since my hands can do the talking if they're still functionable by that time.
Aiz
Like most of the people who replied, I would choose to give up speech as well.

There can be substitutes for speech, such as writing/typing or body languages. But a lack of hearing or sight can't really be made up for by anything. Sure there's sign language which also works for the deaf, but it just wouldn't be the same.

I for one, likes to read and watch stuff, and without either sight or hearing, it would be impossible to enjoy either of them fully. Besides, I have a voice that can get too loud without me noticing so, losing that wouldn't bother me too much. (well, except for occasions where you have to be on the phone or something... o.o;; )
vonboy
well, i need sight and hearing to pay video games, so i would have to say speech. wow, almost everybody is picking speech.

it makes me feels so unspecial Crying or Very sad
missdixy
Probably speech.
I've always wanted to learn sign language.
crimson_aria
my cousins and I used to talk about this many times. haha~ I'm kind of a talkative person in real life. they told me that if all of my senses are gone except for one, the one that will stay is speech. XD

but no.. speech has many ways. I'd rather lose speech than lose my sense of hearing or seeing.

I'm afraid of not being able to see.. but it's the most faint in me right now. I'm afraid it's the one that has the highest possibility of losing. ugh, but I wish not.
ninjakannon
I would give up Speech.

If I could hear and see then I would be still able to communicate with others quite effectively - just not as efficiently or with as much expression as using speech.

Admittedly though, I would not like to lose any of these and would find losing any one very stressful I'm sure.
Hunterseaker
I would give up speech too, because there is now so many technology available to speak without talking, you can use a computer a little laser and special software to talk with your eyebrows or other movements in your face or other body parts(like that famous scientist who is a lot on television).
You can't replace sight or hearing.....
When you can hear and speak and other people are talking about how beautiful a girl is or how great colors are used in clothing and buildings it is really frustrating to when you can't see them and even can't imagine how it is look like...
woodenbrick
I would have to agree with everyone else: speech.

When this question is usually asked it is just hearing and sight that are mentioned, which I think may be a bit tougher for people to decide. Between these two, I would choose to keep hearing I think, mainly because of my love for music.
zanzou
Speech. Pretty easy for me, since there are so many other ways to communicate-- the other ones take something away from how the 'touches' you, instead of how you touch the world.
balticJay
i wouldn't want to give up any but if i had too it would be speech. i have three children so not being able too see them or hear them would really hurt me. communicating by writing and learning how to sign would be my choice.
Azmo
speech, no doubt.. but if most people gave up speech, it's not that much left to hear..
AVA182
It's a tough choice between speech and hearing. If you gave up speech than nobody would have to worry about hearing and if you gave up hearing than people wouldn't have to worry about talking. I would choose speech though because there's a lot of interesting sounds that aren't talking.

I would definately give up speech. With my hearing, I can play and listen to music, and loosing sight would mean you can't see art, you can't watch where you're going in the streets, you can't watch TV, and you can't go online, so definately speech, you could replace it by writing things down or hand motions.
Mighty_King
I would have to choose speech. I honestly can't live without seeing because I've gotten so used to it, and because if I chose to lose my hearing, I probably couldn't speak too because I would know what the other was saying, thus I couldn't reply. However, if I just lose speech, I can still communicate by writing and know what they're exactly saying by hearing.
brokenadvice
I think that everyone who chose a impairment should try to live with it for a day :p

If I had to chose a sense to lose, I would have to choose speech (as almost everyone else) because you don't really need it in this technological age.

I think the worst sense to lose would be touch. Your life would be very boring. Typing would be a chore, not knowing if you hit a key or not. Not to mention you would not be able to feel anyone you loved.
Vrythramax
Sight. I watch my Grandfather who was blind live a happy and normal life. He had a good job and raised 14 children. Not to bad if you ask me.
ninjakannon
brokenadvice wrote:
If I had to chose a sense to lose, I would have to choose speech

Speech is not a sense. Razz

Vrythramax wrote:
Sight. I watch my Grandfather who was blind live a happy and normal life. He had a good job and raised 14 children. Not to bad if you ask me.

Most people here have chosen speech; and you: sight. I would assume that most, if not all, people here who chose speech do not know anyone close to them who is blind [or deaf].
I know I haven't, and to me speech seems like the most sensible choice. So seeing you make that choice is interesting. It doesn't change my mind, I'm sure I could be happy without sight, but I would find the transition between seeing and being sightless very distressing, I think. Also, I would not be able to do many of the things I love. Of course though, I do - when I really think about it - love to talk; not all the time and not about everything, but about many things.
odinstag
Yantaal wrote:
sight
hearing
speech

Easy!

Speech, because I can still communicate with out it.

Sight and hearing are senses. I can observe, listen and communicate still if I lose my voice.
ashish2005
I cannot imagine losing my sight. What will I do without seeing anything. Life would be so black. Loosing my sense of hearing is also worse. The world will be very quiet for me and I will not like that. Loosing my speech would be very bad because I love to talk and talking is the best way to communicate.

But if I had to choose one of them (or else I would die) then I would choose losing my ability to speak. I can communicate with other mediums like text and signs too.
carlospro7
I would definitely say speech. I get a lot of joy out of seeing and hearing things such as seeing a movie in theaters (and hearing the movie) or listening to a great song, etc etc. Lots of things that I can think of... I could not go a day without seeing my future wife's face or hearing her voice... Anyway, I would take the time to learn sign language! or maybe other cool ways of communicating, but I don't get as much joy from saying things. I kind of see it this way, seeing and hearing are like input devices, and speech is a way of outputting things. I get more joy with the things I input rather than output. whatever, i hope that makes sense Cool
JBotAlan
I will go another direction and say sight.

Why? Because my other senses would become more acute. I would not be able to give up hearing as I am trying to give more musical talent to the church--it would be *much* harder to do anything musically without it.

I also cannot bear the thought of never speaking again. So much of my personality comes from how I speak. I believe that much of me would be lost.

Programming would be much harder at first without sight, but I think I could manage. I would rather do something musically than do something on the computer.

I'm still not sure I would want to give up any of them...but who is?
[FuN]goku
LayeredDefense wrote:
I don't need to speak to play Dance Dance Revolution or StepMania nor do I need it to play most games out there, so i'd have to vote for Speech.
Hehe i hear that!! DDR , SM , ITG , guitar hero & 2, Frets on Fire.... all good games... so yeah id have to say speech ... cuz im usually quiet anyways....
a.Bird
I would give up my ability to speak. Art is too big a part of my life that I could never give up looking at incredible paintings and listening to incredible music. Plus, I don't talk much anyways.
Liu
I'm surprised nobody has brought this up, but wouldn't giving up hearing means giving up speech as well. Or at least to some degree you would be sacrificing speech.
ninjakannon
Liu wrote:
I'm not sure if anyone has said this yet, but:

wouldn't giving up hearing mean giving up speech as well?

The short answer is no.

I've seen (or is that heard? Razz) deaf people talking. Often people who have been able to speak and then become deaf can continue to speak because they still remember how to do it. The problem is that they can't hear themselves talking, so their voice becomes less and less understandable and quite odd. Usually you can tell quite easily whether someone is deaf or not when they're talking, however you can mistake them for people with speech difficulties / disorders.
Liu
ninjakannon wrote:
Liu wrote:
I'm not sure if anyone has said this yet, but:

wouldn't giving up hearing mean giving up speech as well?

The short answer is no.

I've seen (or is that heard? Razz) deaf people talking. Often people who have been able to speak and then become deaf can continue to speak because they still remember how to do it. The problem is that they can't hear themselves talking, so their voice becomes less and less understandable and quite odd. Usually you can tell quite easily whether someone is deaf or not when they're talking, however you can mistake them for people with speech difficulties / disorders.

So in some way you're still sacrificing some portion of your speech.
catscratches
Speech-I don't talk very much anyway
Vrythramax
@ninjakannon

Thank you for your post. For most people who do not have to live with a handicapped person these choices are extremely hard, and in some cases impossible to make. It was my fortune to grow up near a man who made the best of the world around him and did so in a most admirable way.

He never though of himself as being "handicapped", he alway told me he "saw" things differently than others did. By far he was the most impressive and influential person in my my life.

God Bless you Grandpa....rest easy my friend. I will forever miss you.
shwetanshu
speech... its better for rest of the world if i jst shut up
ca222
Wait?!
What if I was the only one who chose speach, and then everybody chose hearing?
Then they couldnt hear me?
So I choose hear.
The sucker who chooses speach well- I cant hear you yabbing on! :]
ThornsOfSorrow
Like most people here, if forced to give up one of those three choices, I'd have to go with speech. I consider myself a socially awkward person, as I'm a much better listener than speaker, so speech is the ability that I treasure the least. Besides, as was already noted by others, a person who can't speak can still communicate by writing.

I wouldn't be able to give up hearing because I love music too much to lose that. When I'm not playing music, I'm listening to it, so I'd have a lot of trouble coping with a loss of sound.

Sight is more important to me than both speech and hearing combined. I've always felt that I look at the world differently than other people: through "artist's eyes". I often find myself staring at some random object and finding something unique and artistic about it, such as lights reflecting off the lines on the highway at night after a rainstorm, or patterns in a piece of wood. These are welcome distractions for me, and they'd be too hard for me to ever give up. If I had been born blind then I'd probably be able to live a happy life (albeit a difficult one), but having the gift of sight and then losing it would be nearly impossible for me.
Scott
Easily speech. It's in a completely different class than the other two... They are senses. Speech is only an ability. Sight and hearing of a huge part of each day of my life. I love music and visual art, I wouldn't be happy without them.
ca222
Yeah, but if everybody else chose hearing over speach. Who would listen to you talking? Then you'd just shut up and then wonder why you chose to give up that one. :S Laughing
Vrythramax
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
Like most people here, if forced to give up one of those three choices, I'd have to go with speech. I consider myself a socially awkward person, as I'm a much better listener than speaker, so speech is the ability that I treasure the least. Besides, as was already noted by others, a person who can't speak can still communicate by writing.

I wouldn't be able to give up hearing because I love music too much to lose that. When I'm not playing music, I'm listening to it, so I'd have a lot of trouble coping with a loss of sound.

Sight is more important to me than both speech and hearing combined. I've always felt that I look at the world differently than other people: through "artist's eyes". I often find myself staring at some random object and finding something unique and artistic about it, such as lights reflecting off the lines on the highway at night after a rainstorm, or patterns in a piece of wood. These are welcome distractions for me, and they'd be too hard for me to ever give up. If I had been born blind then I'd probably be able to live a happy life (albeit a difficult one), but having the gift of sight and then losing it would be nearly impossible for me.

You raised a very good point here Thorns which applies to the loss of any of your senses or communication skills. My Granpa was born without sight so he never truly knew what he was missing, the point I was trying to get across was that it did not stop him from living a happy and (to him anyway) normal life. I have heard it said that it much easier to grow up in poverty than to have wealth and lose it. I think there is some truth there.

We all take our senses for granted as we have always had them, but what if confronted with the horrble choice of which one do I give up? To take it to an extreme...which one would you give up for a loved one? Would you willingly give up your sight to save your daughters life knowing you would never be able to see her again? Sacrifice your hearing or speech to save a husband/wife/mother/father/ knowing you could never speak to them again or possibly know the comfort of thier words ever again?

For me that particular choice is a simple one, I would have sacrificed absolutly anything to keep my family alive, any suffering I may have felt would have been lessened knowing they were still alive.
Bluedoll
That is a hard choice. I would have to say speech because given that hearing would be gone I doubt that proper speech would occur anyway and that would be two things instead of one that would be lost. Sight is just too important so yes it would have to be speech.

If nothing else this question has made me aware of the things we take for granted are so important to us. I wouldn't want to give up any of these things. Can I give up junk food instead?
ConquerSockets
Hi,

This is a pertty interesting question.
Sight: For sure, the one that I really don't wanna loose... too much
reasons. you understand it, I'm sure...
Hearing: I need hearing.. How would I listen to my favourite music??!!
How would I listen to my wife... hmm nah wont go in these details
Shocked
Speech: I need to talk in order to express myself, but I can write if I can
see and I can always learn the language of signs!
So I guess this one is the lesser important for me
althought they all important!

What hmm about none of the above? Laughing

Alexander.
hack_man_
rheanna wrote:
Speech-I work better when I don't talk to anyone ;o)

Same here, I am not much of a team person... and I am pretty much blind anyway! I have glasses thicker than double glazing!
Zombie
speech! I could still learn sign language with my other senses. I didn't choose hearing, because without hearing, Doom3 wouldn't be as scary. I didn't choose sight for obvious reasons; the best things in life are visible (including, but not restricted to video games).
Ghost Rider103
This is a real tough one.

I knowa deaf person, and they seem very happy to me, though I don't know anybody who cannot speak. I am sure loosing any of those can be very tough at time.

Though I think I would have to say speech. I would like to be able to see, and hear. Like other people said, there are many other ways to express what you are trying to say. Sign language, writing it down, etc. I don't see the point in choosing giving up your hearing. As yes, you could still talk, but you would not be able to hear the person talking back to you.

Very hard decision though, I was going to say sigh, because then I would be able to hear, and talk to everyone I know. But then it would be pretty hard to make a living being blind. Espically when the career I am going for falls into Graphics, it would be very hard to do graphics being blind, so I choose my speech.
Chelissamow
I would choose speech. I think I'd be pretty vulnerable if I had lost my sight or hearing. At least without speech, I would still be able to live a pretty 'normal' life considering that I don't talk that much anyways...
Shewolf
As most others, I would prefer to loose speach. Of simple reasons, I don't talk much anyway Razz
tom69
I'd give up speech, cause I can Write, id give up speech because I can never say anything usefull anyway

and i'd give up speech because I wanna be able to c the perfect body of .. me Very Happy nah

If I wouldn't be able to c, i'd rather be dead, If I couldn't hear i'd go insane.

If I couldn't talk, i'd just shut up. Cool
sondosia
It's a difficult question indeed, but in the end, like most of the other people who have posted here, I'd give up speech. I don't want to lose hearing because I live for music, nor sight because I go through everyday life constantly noticing beauty.

However, I've already realized that my strength is writing, not speaking. If I couldn't speak, I'd only become more eloquent.

~Mimzy
mstreet
I'd give up speech as well. I know ASL so I know I could still communicate as well there's writing typing and many different ways to communicate than speech.
GProject
Speech for me too - but not because I'd want to, just because it is the least inconvienient of all the choices. I'm not going to lie though, I'd miss it.
SpellcasterDX
I would give up speech, seeing as I'm not very social. (Used to be, but as I grew up, I became less and less talkative and more and more serious/quiet)

Besides, there are other ways to communicate, and maybe I could learn to speak again later on! Razz
Tatsumaru
Speech: I don't talk that much anyway, and I couldn't communicate via hand signals and stuff. Hearing is important to me, because life without music and the like would be horrible. Same for sight, I want to see where I walk and who I'm communicating to.

Very Happy