FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?

stone1343
How many of you think you're smarter than a 5th grader?

What is a trapezoid?

I thought the show was surprising, only because the very first guy couldn't answer a single question on his own. It's not really about being smarter than a 5th grader, it's about being able to answer elementary school questions, but they were pretty embarrassing.
HoboPelican
stone1343 wrote:
How many of you think you're smarter than a 5th grader?

What is a trapezoid?

I thought the show was surprising, only because the very first guy couldn't answer a single question on his own. It's not really about being smarter than a 5th grader, it's about being able to answer elementary school questions, but they were pretty embarrassing.

Is this a game show or what? You don't mention the name.
Star Wars Fanatic
He mentioned the name, HoboPelican... Wink

The name is "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?"

It is a game show...

Quote:
The show's set will resemble a classroom with one contestant betting cash on whether or not he or she can answer a series of general knowledge questions. There will be five fifth graders of average intelligence on stage with the contestant to act as lifelines and, this is my favorite part, to "gently mock" the adult.

Sourced from here.
HoboPelican
Star Wars Fanatic wrote:
He mentioned the name, HoboPelican... Wink

The name is "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?"

It is a game show...

Quote:
The show's set will resemble a classroom with one contestant betting cash on whether or not he or she can answer a series of general knowledge questions. There will be five fifth graders of average intelligence on stage with the contestant to act as lifelines and, this is my favorite part, to "gently mock" the adult.

Sourced from here.

LOL

Yeah, I thought that might have been it, but without the quotes or ever hearing of the show, I wasn't sure!
Sounds like it could be interesting... a version of the show "StreetSmarts" here in the US. Three contestants try to guess which of 3 taped fools on the street will give a correct answer general knowledge questions. Pretty funny stuff, but is scary to think what people have forgotten from school.
trumnation
Yeah its amazing what people really can't remember. One radio station here had a version of that months back where they would ask some people questions from grade 1 then if they got it right, grade 2 and so on.. The objective was to get up to the higher grades because there was a prize you could win at an interval of grades with a grand price at grade 12.. The funny thing was that almost nobody actually did well. I think the person who won the whole thing, out of around 30 people only got to grade 4!! which is quite shocking, epecially because not all of the people had been ouf of school for that long! They had taken some people who just graduated. Well it looks like that shows how our school system is if we can't even remember stuff after just graduating!
The_Gamer294
gh0stface
This show is fairly interesting, but I don't think it's going to last long. For me, the reason its currently garnering a lot of viewers is because it's new and people want to see what it is all about. After a while, I predict the numbers will dwindle.

I also don't really like Jeff Foxworthy as a host. If it was Chris Rock or Chris Tucker, that might make the show worth watching a bit more. Razz
TurkishGamer
Seems very interesting. I haven't seen it, but I had many people at my school (students and teachers) saying how easy the questions were and how dumb the contestants are.

Could anybody link to the video of the episode/list of questions used/an episode summary?
HoboPelican
TurkishGamer wrote:
Seems very interesting. I haven't seen it, but I had many people at my school (students and teachers) saying how easy the questions were and how dumb the contestants are.

Could anybody link to the video of the episode/list of questions used/an episode summary?

The Fox site has recaps and video...
http://www.fox.com/areyousmarter/recaps/101b.htm
twisthigh
It sounds like a stupid show, but when you watch it it's like WTF?! Although I'm not hooked on it.
Magicman
The concept for the show is very interesting but I don't know how long a show like that could last. It does seem like it will get old fast but I still find it very funny how these people on the show seem so stupid when asked questions they haven't thought about in a long time.
vertigoflow
The only thing this show proved to me is how useless most of the stuff kids are forced to memorize in grade school.

I have never needed to know how many sides a rhombus has, for example. Since graduating, i have been asked about rhombuses (or is it rhombii) exactly zero times.

Teach kids how to mangage their time, money, behavior. Now that would be useful.

A better show would be "Are you more well-behaved than a 5th grader?" Chances are a lot of adults these days would not be.
Captain Fertile
What a dumb question - of course I am smarter and of course I know what a trapezoid is. I love the circus and I like when the trapezoid artists do a triple flip in the air without a safety net!
rheanna
lol, Even I knew what a Trapezoid was and how many sides it has. LMAO! Surprised that the guy from UCLA (Seth) was the dumbest of them all. ROFL Laughing

And, How Lakisha’s got this question wrong is beyond conception.
Quote:
Which country has the longest border with the U.S.?
UHHH DUH!!

Susan was the funniest of them all ;o) the way she was answering her questions.
Quote:
"Ive never been up against a bear before"
LMAO
trumnation
haha yeah some of the people on that show really make me wonder what the school system has acutally got to. There are so many easy questions that nobody is getting right and it gets real frustrating!
rheanna
Read that the show was fake. Because everytime they show the girl with the black hair and the glasses , she's always wearing the same thing and they always seem to record the same giggle that she does.. Over and over. lol But I don't know. It's a FOX production. lol