FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can someone please help me with my website?

genchan
Hi. I have been spending some time building my academic website (at Frihost) and I have some ideas to enhance it but due to my zero knowledge of Php, I would like to ask some good samaritans to please help me out.

Here are my ideas I have for my website.

1. I would like to add an Upload Form on my website.

Basically, it will be for my students to use the Form to upload/submit their assignments (in .doc and .pdf format).

I do not want the uploaded files to go to my email address but should be saved in the database and automatically transfered to another page in the website and be listed accordingly (one after another).

The files would have a title (and name of the student/visitor) and they should be in the form of links. Say for example a file name [History in Asian Economics, Alan Smith] and when you click on this link, it opens the contents of the file inside the website (a pop-up window or something), so that I can read and check the work.

Since this is confidential, the student files listed in the page should only be accessible to me, i.e. a password protected page, as they are course work and not for public viewing.

If there is someone that can help me write the script for my website project, please do contact me via PM. My site is not a commercial site, so I am asking for a kind samaritan to help me out.

Thank you very much.
sonam
Hi genchan,
I can do this for you. In this moment I have one PHP script what working very similar. It is based on Flat File (txt file) and you don't need to know MySQL or some other Data bases. PM me if you are interesting.

Sonam