FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Corrupted iPod

woodenbrick
My iPod mini is corrupted because I tried installing yamipod on it (yes I know I should have checked if there was room for it first..) Just wondering if anyone knows of a program that might be able to repair bad sectors on the disc or whatever, my warranty has run out so if I cant fix it, its going out the window Evil or Very Mad
Animal
When you say it's corrupted, do you mean that you get an error message saying the database is corrupted when you connect it to your PC? If so, all you need to do is run an iPod software update (from within iTunes 7) and choose the option to restore your iPod.
woodenbrick
iTunes detects the iPod in recovery mode, when I click to restore it pops up with "An unknown error has occurred (1418).
mantasx
I'm pretty sure you've seen this, but have you tried it?

Quote:
Solution

1. Update iTunes to the latest version and attempt to restore your iPod.
2. Try connecting your iPod to a different USB port and restore.
3. Remove any third-party USB devices you have connected to your computer (it is not necessary to remove your keyboard or mouse).
4. For Windows users, update or reinstall your Windows USB drivers.

I would go to another computer and maybe then attempt to restore with the latest Itunes.
clydejaw
ipods are unreliable to be honest. They die within 1 year.
woodenbrick
mantasx, I have the latest version of iTunes, and tried the other suggestions, no luck. clyde, I've had it 2 and a half years, so perhaps I'm luckier than most? Any more ideas before it drops from the 4th floor? Or maybe someone collects broken Pods?
Animal
I think that this iPod help page from Apple may be of use to you. Have you read this already?
woodenbrick
I managed to get it to work (sort of). Was just fiddling about deleting drivers, changing ports. The iPod is now restored, and has menus etc, is recognised by iTunes. I can copy playlists onto it, but it just copies the playlist, none of the actual songs. Still, its a start..I'll keep fiddling about with it, thanks for your help guys!

Edit: Yes its working perfectly now, thanks to all for their help.
internetjobs
in which file system you are formated fat?

then try to recover by using fat files recovery software...