FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HELP!!! FORUM CAN'T CONNECT TO DATABASE!

hsadmin
Hi. I logged onto my forum today, and it loaded normally. Then when I went into a category, it said:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

----------------------------------------------------

So, I deleted my cookies and files.. Then came here, and went back. THe forum loaded fine again.. And I tried to go into a category again, and it said that again.. SO I clicked back, then refresh, then got the same message. I haven't touched any of the DB files or PHPBB files for mabye a month +.. What's wrong with my forum.. Also.. I know that there's not to many people on the forum because there's only about 200 post on the forum since november..
MrBlueSky
Can you give a link to the forum?
hsadmin
www.extremefilmsproductions.com/forum
MrBlueSky
I think you should check config.php to see if the settings are still correct: 'localhost', username, password, etc. Then try to log in to phpMyAdmin (via DirectAdmin) using the username and password from config.php to see if that's possible.
ALostSoul
make a news file called connect.php with this in it

<?php
$DBHost = 'localhost ( or whatever host you're using )';
$DBUser = 'DB user';
$DBPass = 'DB pass';
$DBName = 'DB name';
mysql_connect("$DBHost", "$DBUser", "$DBPass")or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db("$DBName")or die(mysql_error());
?>
fromegame
It's not connect.php but config.php.. Rolling Eyes however, I can just open your forum thingy's.. category's, posts, everything works... maybe the mysql server was offline for a moment Wink
MrBlueSky
fromegame wrote:
It's not connect.php but config.php.. Rolling Eyes however, I can just open your forum thingy's.. category's, posts, everything works... maybe the mysql server was offline for a moment Wink

Or he fixed his config.php Wink
hsadmin
I think mabye the small business server went down and back up for a little. Everything seems to be working fine now.

THANKS FOR YOUR GUYS TIME!