FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

java xml validator

mike_phi
hi there, I need to validate an xml file, baisically I am using an xml file as an input to some software and would like to be able to validate the xml file before using it.

If anyone knows of a xml validator that I can hramoniuously integrate into a java based validation program please slip me a note.

my idea is that I want to be able to validate the xml syntax, and have the validation software built in such a way that I could also add in some of my own valaidation checks

cheers
MrBlueSky
You can use SAX: http://www.jimsannex.com/Studies/CD_xml/jxml/ch03_01.htm
mike_phi
Hi there this certainly seems intersting I will investigate it further, however it appearsto be a tool in which one gets a visual representation of an xml file, I would be more intersted in a tool in which one can use to validate xml syntax and maybe also do a xml tag check as I need an xml document that complies to certain collection of known tags by my application so if any new tags are introduced I would like to detect that too.

I guess I could add this funftionality myself but at least a basic xml syntax check would be usefull.

cheers