FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sigur Ros

icugaming
Anyone listen to these guys? They are the future of music. The future of music IS post-rock.
Aut0mat1c
Music to slit your wrists by... Mad
icugaming
You sir, are clinically insane.
Aut0mat1c
Prehaps, but I would rather have my nails sipped out than listen to them.

icugaming wrote:
You sir, are clinically insane.
frozenecko
oh sad! so much hate for interesting music! I think they are very interesting. Different. I find different to be refreshing. And the wierd non-lingual lyrics are ... strange. But cool. It lets you focus primarily on the vocals and patterns. very neat.
icugaming
You should check out bands like Mum, Explosions in the Sky and Godspeed You Black Emperor if you like Sigur Ros.

By the way, new album on September 12th.
criticaldensity
I like Sigur Ros also.
Great band Smile
petgraveyard
Never heard of this particular one, I will have to check them out sometime - thanks!
babaoriley821
Just bought Takk... a few days ago. I think it's an improvement from () though () was a v. good album. I like the feel of Takk... better than (). I haven't heard anything else by them sadly.

If you like Sigur Ros then you also might like Mogwai.
icugaming
Ahh, you need to check out Agaetis Byrjun and Von! They're excellent. Takk is my favorite at the moment, AB and ( ) are tied, I could never pick between the two.

I've listened to Mogwai and they're alright. Huge fan of Godspeed You Black Emperor and Explosions in the Sky.
happycycling
Sigur Ros is probably one of the greatest bands ever, and the best way to prove that is to see them live. I saw them for the first time at coachella and I was so blown away that tears came to my eyes and I couldn't move. I've been to a few other concerts in my life but none of them have affected me as much as Sigur Ros.
They had a small orchestra there and everybody was getting so into it that guitar strings and violin strings were just popping out and by the last few minutes of the show Jonsi's iconic bow was snapped in half yet he was still banging it on his guitar. Yeah, it was beautiful.
anxiety1
yeh they are an amaizng band!

i really have to see them live.
disidro
I love Sigur Ros, I own all their albums but I've never seen them live. I think they're evolving and becoming more emotional and less cryptic over time, don't you think so?
anxiety1
yeh i think so as well, but i still love what there doing
patrickrapp
anxiety1 wrote:
yeh they are an amaizng band!

i really have to see them live.

Saw them live this summer.... amazing experience. They had a very good band who played before them. Amina, check them out! Great music!
rjaduthie
I can believe and respect the people who are afficionados of this outfit; I have a lot of respect for their work - especially the fact they have entirely created their own creative language. Their approach is mesmerising and very potent, and a very palatable ensemble is there for delegtation.

I would be very happy with some of this in my collection - or to see the group do their thing for real. I wouldn't mind also going to their heartland - up North. I've heard it's amazing!
tingkagol
you have to be really in the mood to listen to this band. can't just pop it in anytime you like. they're good, but doesn't appease me that much. agaetis is ok.
onemoment
Sigur Ros and Mogwai are definitely some of the best bands around at the moment. () is one of my favourite albums.
Also the Album Leaf put out an album in 2004 called in a safe place that is pretty good and something people should look into. They recorded that particular one in iceland, and its very sigur ros influenced compared to their other cds.
Jayfarer
Album Leaf is like a vanilla version of Sigur Ros. Not that they're bad - they're just not as interesting or different.
Subsonic Sound
Aut0mat1c wrote:
Music to slit your wrists by... Mad

Have you listened to them at all?

I find a lot of their music to be really uplifting. Inspiring. The soaring climax of Vaka? Incredible.

I don't like depressing music, as a rule. I like music that cheers me up, or keeps me interested. And Sigur Ros are clearly awesome.
kemosabi107
sigur ros live is other-worldly. like aliens came down to earth to perform on stage for a brief moment, temporarily removing your brain from your body to run tests on, when its over, youre never the same....
The Mitchell
kemosabi107 wrote:
sigur ros live is other-worldly. like aliens came down to earth to perform on stage for a brief moment, temporarily removing your brain from your body to run tests on, when its over, youre never the same....

Saw them in liverpool man. one of the best live shows ive seen although a silver mt zion were better
anxiety1
I really Really need to see them live.

All there albums are amazing

the latest one Takk.. was breathtaking
The Mitchell
have a listen to (). Its a far better album in my opinion. almost a darker version of takk... id say.
Scott
I love Sigur Ros a lot. They have an absolutly amazing sound. Great combination of production and songwriting. I'm planning to try to get to Iceland and see them perform over the next couple years. Has anyone been there or does anyone live there? Anyone else want to go?
freecitizen
"sigur ros live is other-worldly. like aliens came down to earth to perform on stage for a brief moment, temporarily removing your brain from your body to run tests on, when its over, youre never the same...."

Exactly! I adore Sigur Ros. It's just too little to say they're my favorite band or that they're inspiring and that their music is beyond beautiful..
Chelissamow
My English teacher played a couple of songs from one of their CDs in class. It was so good!

I really liked this one song that was all... twinkly and magestic. I don't know what the title of the song was and I hope somebody can tell me what it's called. The song starts out really quiet and it sounds like there are rain drops in the background. Then the music starts getting all powerful. And at the end, it gets all twinkly...
The Mitchell
we got signed posters from jonsi when we saw em YARR! was well good. really nice bloke. very polite
Discovery
Their music is just so different and beautiful. Amazingly breathtaking and inspiring.
hunterm
I've heard a few tracks. I think one of their songs was used as the title music for the BBC.

I think they're the new Air -- Although that's probably a description they'd hate, but I love Air.
hunterm
I've heard a few tracks. I think one of their songs was used as the title music for the BBC.

I think they're the new Air -- Although that's probably a description they'd hate, but I love Air.
jwob2
I love Sigur Ros, although i didn't find takk to be as good as AB or () maybe i just haven't listened to it enough yet... I find () to be a bit darker than AB. I used to fall asleep to AB every night... It's really beautiful.