FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

5 Quality Posts

Manntis
I propose that 5 quality posts at 2 paragraphs each (according to my pms from mods) is a little much maybe?

If you have nothing to talk about but you are still active in the forums should be good enough I think... If someone has 100 posts at 1-3 sentences each, according to my pm, that won't count towards getting a request approved.

Being active should be good enough and some posts should be read before you give a definate answer.

Thank you.
saratdear
There is no specified limit to a quality post. Quality posts give your healthy opinions to the discussion, promote your ideas etc. Frihost always appreciates quality over quantity. You could rip-off an entire page from some other source, and still not get accepted. Quality posts give your opinion on the subject, what and why you think, and how you disagree with the original poster, etc. So, automatically, if you follow all this, your posts will turn out to be somewhat long.

Here is a guide on how to make quality posts - http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-10114.html
LukeakaDanish
[this] post and [your] post are both good enough to be considered one of the five posts - That wasn't so hard was it?

There are enough members who get away with posting sub-standard posts around here already - the least we need is 1000 more users who's posting vocabulary totals to:

Quote:
Yeah I agree

OR
Quote:
w00t fr33 h0sting!!! XD

OR
Quote:
lol Very HappyVery Happy

...basically this type of poster doesn't do anything for the community (they detract from it by being a irritating).

Frihost offers hosting that is as good* as hosts that would charge you as much as $10 a month - nonetheless, frihost relies on the community to survive, and anyone who don't have a positive input to the community does get the benefit of free hosting. Thats the way it is...and they way it will stay!

Frihost is a great community though...so I'm certain almost anybody should be able to find something to talk about - if you have problems finding something that interests you, I suggest clicking "unanswered posts" on the main page - thats what I spend half my time doing.

*) Server stability can be questioned at times - but it has got a lot better lately
garionw
LukeakaDanish wrote:

Frihost offers hosting that is as good* as hosts that would charge you as much as $10 a month - nonetheless, frihost relies on the community to survive, and anyone who don't have a positive input to the community does get the benefit of free hosting. Thats the way it is...and they way it will stay!

Frihost is a great community though...so I'm certain almost anybody should be able to find something to talk about - if you have problems finding something that interests you, I suggest clicking "unanswered posts" on the main page - thats what I spend half my time doing.

*) Server stability can be questioned at times - but it has got a lot better lately

I've been searching around for a paid webhost* and with the exception of our bandwidth and space, Frihost's packages are equal to resellers accounts. Now you gotta admit, that's pretty good Wink

* I won't be moving yet
LukeakaDanish
garionw wrote:
with the exception of our bandwidth and space,

True, but then again 99% of everybody only look at those too "attributes" when deciding which host to use.

If I ever needed a professional host again (I don't have one at-the-moment), I would go for highest possible uptime (preferably 99.9%), fast FTP (I would ask to be able to test the ftp speed first) and PHP5 (which makes programming SO much faster imo).

Of course 10 or so mySQL databases is nice, and a certain amount of bandwidth is ok as well - space...that, however, is almost useless imo
James007
I think your posts are good enough. Your hosted now.

-close-