FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need help - Account suspended

Naif
Hi. A request for the admins. My a/c just got suspended today as it has exceeded the given bandwidth. I request the admins to remove the suspension for a temporary period of time so that I can download my databases. I am moving my sites to a paid host. If its not possible for the suspension to be uplifted, I humbly request you mail the databases to me. Email address is prince_of_nights [at the rate of] hotmail.com

The db's I need are: dhoni_phpBB and dhoni_mboard

Not sure if those are exactly the names of the databases. But they are somewhat like that. These are the db's i use for site dhonixpress.com. It has a photogallery too which I need and a videos page. So I guess the best thing would be if you remove the suspension so that I can get all that I need.

All help much appreciated

Thanks,
-- Naif
Naif
Hi admins. I am still waiting for a reply. Please, I need the DB's very soon. The members on my site are very angry with me. I need to restore the forums asap. Please help.

Desperately waiting for a response

-- Naif
dbdb
I don't really know how efficient the admins are here but I would give it more that 24 hours. Waiting 3 days is always a sort of rule of thumb with forums before bumping your own topic.

I am sure if you exceed your bandwidth though that the site will be back up the next month. Can you not still access your account via cPannel or whatever it is they use here?
Naif
Thats the sad part, I cant Sad It says I am using an invalid login. I already promised the members of the site (over 600 members that is), that the forums will be restored in a maximum time of 24 hours. I wouldnt have bumped my own thread if I wasnt desperately indeed of this.
Animal
I'm not sure if it's something that can be done for you to be honest. Not only have you gone over your bandwidth limit for the month, but you're also sitting on -194 points.

However, I'm afraid that this request will need to be handled by Bondings - only he will be able to tell you if he's prepared to do it for you since your original account creator is no-longer a member of staff, and Bondings is a busy man these days. Unfortunately, you'll just need to be patient.

Sorry I couldn't be any more help.
Naif
I understand.. Is it not even possible for a member of the admin staff to atleast send over the DB's? Atleast the DB I used for running phpBB2. I am done setting up the site on my new host. But the time I managed to take off just to get the site ready in 2 days would be of no use if I am not able to restore the forum. Do I have to contact Bondings directly or will one of the staff members bring this request to his notice?

I appreciate all the help you guys can offer.

Thanks,
-- Naif
dbdb
Naif wrote:
I understand.. Is it not even possible for a member of the admin staff to atleast send over the DB's? Atleast the DB I used for running phpBB2. I am done setting up the site on my new host. But the time I managed to take off just to get the site ready in 2 days would be of no use if I am not able to restore the forum. Do I have to contact Bondings directly or will one of the staff members bring this request to his notice?

I appreciate all the help you guys can offer.

Thanks,
-- Naif
Set up a temporary forum and then update it when you get your databases (if you get your databases). I would try contacting bondings directly, just PM him. He seems like a nice guy so I'm sure he will try to help. You should always make and download regular backups for your site including databases if you use them. Good luck on getting your databases anyway and I hope you don't loose many members because of this.
Naif
I need more details on this. Around 100+ posts are made on the forum on a daily basis. If I setup a temporary forum, is it possible for me to later merge the two databases? I'll PM bondings right now. Hope I get it soon Smile
Daniel15
As far as I know, even if your account has been suspended due to bandwidth usage, you should still be able to log in to DirectAdmin... At least, this is how cPanel works (Unfortunately, I have very little experience with DirectAdmin)