FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The SIllmarilion

XLCpanama
OMG i enjoyd this book so much.....is a shame that toliien(son) dont wanna sell the copyright for make a game cuz that book have a so deep story omg my fav book of all times...tell me if you readed this book or not?
Lusiphur
I think this is the most enthusiastic I have ever seen someone about, what is essentially, a history book.

I tried reading it, was interesting finding out about the Mi'ar (spelling) and the first wars etc. But when he starts spending 4 pages describing a single tree I couldn't read anymore.

What exactly did you like about it?
Shewolf
The Silmarillion is my favourite book as well, even though I often forget it since it's really not a novel. It's so deep and complex that I don't think there is possible to discover everything in it.
And yes, I do believe you have tp read it more than once to understand anything. Because the first time you opens that book you truly have to fight to get through.
matliw
I loved the cosmogony in Silmarillion. It is a nice book for Tolkien fans for it broadens his universe by a historical background. Well structered in terms of a traditional fairy tale methinks, but at times a bit longish and predictable.
mahoula
i liked it but in the beginning i felt a little tired of the long descriptions.
i love all books tolkien wrote