FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PSN versus Xbox Live versus WiiConnect24

PSN versus Xbox Live versus WiiConnect24
PSN, you can't beat free
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Xbox Live, it is the best around
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
WiiConnect24, it has... ummm potential
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

bhzh
In one corner, we have the Playstation Network. It is the newcomer which is completely free except for downloadable games. In the other corner we have Xbox Live, the seasoned professional with a pricetag unlike the others. But it is renowned for its reliability and complete suite of features. And finally we have WiiConnect24 which, unfortunately forfeits this competition because of the lack of games that use this feature. Who would win?
QrafTee
bhzh wrote:
In one corner, we have the Playstation Network. It is the newcomer which is completely free except for downloadable games. In the other corner we have Xbox Live, the seasoned professional with a pricetag unlike the others. But it is renowned for its reliability and complete suite of features. And finally we have WiiConnect24 which, unfortunately forfeits this competition because of the lack of games that use this feature. Who would win?

Wow... yeah, you're not biased. First, the Playstation Network isn't a newcomer. It's been around sometime after the PS2 was released. It was just a mess so no one could use it.

Second, WiiConnect24 forfeits? What kind of fanboy bull is that? It forfeits because of what? Because all, if not most, of its Wii Channels are up and running? It forfeits because of the retro games it has available for download? The thing with the WiiConnect24 is that you don't need a game to "use" it because by itself, it already has tons of feature. Pokemon Battle Revolution will be the first to use WiiConnect24 for multi-player options, but I don't have hope for that game in particular because it apparently will not have an RPG option.

BTW, in case you're wondering, no one wins in my book. At least not now. No one has went above and beyond with their internet services.
gtherockgod
I've finally joined the console world (I've been a PC gamer since the PS2 came out) by buying an Xbox 360. DAMMMNN this is an expensive hobby haha. I'm looking to get set up on xbox live. Thankfully I've already got a router. My dad can get me a free ethernet cable from work which is great, because I was planning on getting the wireless dealie for 130 bucks so I could play on any of the tvs in the house (Mainly I play on the 14" in my room, but occasionally I bring the console upstairs to play on the big screen). But this 200' cable will reach the router from pretty much anywhere in my house. Razz Luckily all I have to pay for now is the actual subscription to live- i'm gonna pick up one of those 1-year starter kits pretty soon.

Sorry for the life story. Razz
mynameis
I think nothing can beat Xbox Live 40 a year isn't much at all and Xbox has perfected its online features its not just the online multiplayer like the others its a whole community of downloadable content, clans, friends which easilly extends onto the web on sites like xbox.com where you can do loads of things and use the xbox forums and bungie.net and almost every xbox game has a .net site where you can use your gamertag to some extent. Also xbox live is fully updateable this month xbox recieves an huge update for the uk which is the release of xbox IPTV where you can dload and watch your normal tv useally for free and in Full HD which you might say that thats silly with a small 20GB hard drive but from next month also the xbox comes with 150GB in the premium pack i think this would also be sold seperatley... xbox is rumoured somtime this year to release its connect service that will make use of the xbox 360's wireless features and will connect to networks and mobile phones and pc's and imagine what you could do with that...
bhzh
QrafTee wrote:
bhzh wrote:

Wow... yeah, you're not biased. First, the Playstation Network isn't a newcomer. It's been around sometime after the PS2 was released. It was just a mess so no one could use it.

Second, WiiConnect24 forfeits? What kind of fanboy bull is that? It forfeits because of what? Because all, if not most, of its Wii Channels are up and running? It forfeits because of the retro games it has available for download? The thing with the WiiConnect24 is that you don't need a game to "use" it because by itself, it already has tons of feature. Pokemon Battle Revolution will be the first to use WiiConnect24 for multi-player options, but I don't have hope for that game in particular because it apparently will not have an RPG option.

BTW, in case you're wondering, no one wins in my book. At least not now. No one has went above and beyond with their internet services.

Playstation online was online during PS2 but it was NOT unified. Where as the PS3 version is definitely more unified and when they created it, they it made it from the ground up (almost). So that is why it is the newcomer. Whereas for the Wii, while most channels are up, I really do not care until an online game shows up. I'm not a fanboy since I own both the PS3 and the 360 and I am looking for a Wii. I think that the main purpose of online gaming services is so that you can play against other players. All of the downloadable games, news, weather, internet browser etc. features on the Wii are all gimmicks. Seriously, online services are meant for gaming not looking at the news, your PC does that better than the Wii. But, I like the promise of the WiiConnect24 since it is free and, so far, has been quite reliable (according to my friends).