FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Queer As Folk

Aalia
Sooo...anybody whaching this serias? Laughing
I just love it! I'm not gay, realy Laughing
Captain Fertile
I have watched a couple of episodes and it was okay, not my cup of tea but the soundtrack is great!
Blu_Spykz
Captain Fertile wrote:
I have watched a couple of episodes and it was okay, not my cup of tea but the soundtrack is great!

Exactly what I was gonna put. Well...except for the soundtrack thing.
twisthigh
I've heard about the show, but I've never really watched it... the UK version is far more risque apparently.
Captain Fertile
twisthigh wrote:
I've heard about the show, but I've never really watched it... the UK version is far more risque apparently.

Oh sorry I thought we were talking about the UK - didn't realise they had made aother version. I can only cooment on the UK version that was on a few years back.

Risque' is one word - graphic is another I would choose. That's why it was not my cup of tea. Very Happy

The storylines were good and the acting was good but as a heterosexual I struggled to watch the sex scenes. As mentioned in another post - I don't find the naked male body and sexual acts between males attractive.

My hang-up but nobody is perfect. Cool
unraveling
I have seen most of USA's season 1 on logo. AND I LOVE IT! It's a great show. I think people gay or straight should watch it, the drama is fantastic. I love the actors, I love characters, and most of all I love Justin! HE IS THE BESTIEST CHARACTER EVERER!! Haha.

I've seen 1 or 2 episodes of UK's season 1 on the internet, not the best show, but it's good. Not to much drama happening in it.

((I love drama!!))

-Joe
onemoment
im not really into it, its a bit too soapie for my refined taste. but i watch the american version with my housemates, and brian is really hot. Very Happy Laughing
suppastar
Yeah it was really good for the first few years... then kinda devolved into a really crappy soap opera. I remember way back in the first year I would host qaf parties at my apt for a bunch of friends and it was always really cool. After a while tho, I dunno it lost it's magic. The dynamic between Brian and Justin never changed... it stopped being so risque and shocking, and the characters just kept having more normal (read boring) lives. It's too bad there hasn't been a show since that picked up on the idea and had a frank and honest portrayal about at least a portion of the glbt community.