FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Deleting Album Art in MP3 Player

RiCtee
It's really a nuisance as the screen is already so small and I don't need to look at it. If that is not enough, sometimes the photo isn't the right one for the album. Shocked

It must be stored somewhere in the drive but I can't find it. So how do I delete it??
myrevolt
What time of mp3 player is it, an ipod?
In the future delete the album art on the computer first. If you are on Windows make sure "Show hidden files and folders" and look for the files in your My Music folder. If you use itunes or OSX google is your friend.
Animal
RiCtee wrote:
It must be stored somewhere in the drive but I can't find it. So how do I delete it??

Usually, AlbumArt is stored within the ID3 tag of the mp3 track. The easiest way to delete this (IMO) is to use iTunes. Simply add all the tracks to your iTues library (if you've not already done so), select them all then right-click and select Get Info.

There will now be a box opens showing properties for all the tracks. Under Artwork, select the check-mark and leave the artwork space empty. Hit OK and this should remove any artwork from your ID3 tags. This will also reduce the amount of space taken up per track since it should remove the image completely, meaning you may save ~5 - 10Kb per song. If you have a lot of them, this is a significant saving.

HTH Cool
RiCtee
myrevolt wrote:

Creative Zen, not iPod.

Animal wrote:
The easiest way to delete this (IMO) is to use iTunes.

Well, I don't have iTunes. Can Windows Media Player do the same thing?? If not, I'm gonna download iTunes.
Jaan
What do you use to put the files on?

Try MediaMonkey, it has a useful albumart feature, and I'm sure it's easily removed aswell.
Animal
RiCtee wrote:
Animal wrote:
The easiest way to delete this (IMO) is to use iTunes.

Well, I don't have iTunes. Can Windows Media Player do the same thing?? If not, I'm gonna download iTunes.

I'm not sure - I've never used WMP as a music library. iTunes will definitely do it for you, but there are several other problems that should do it too. As Jaan has suggested, MediaMonkey will probably help you, as would any mp3 tagging program, I would imagine. However, I've only ever removed multiple artworks using iTunes personally, so that's all I can advise with any certainty.
RiCtee
I've tried MediaMonkey but I can't seem to get it to work. I can see the music on my MP3 player but I can't play it or change any properties like filename etc. It says "the file could not be found". So I guess it doesn't work for me. Confused Any other suggestions??
Petee
The album art files are hidden "system files", so in order to see them to delete you need to open the folder containing the songs for the desired album. Then go to Tools>Folder Options. Go to the View tab. Scroll down until you see "Hide protected operating system files". Uncheck this box, a box will come up saying you really shouldn't do that, hit yes. Then hit ok, and your album art files should be there as JPEGs. You can then delete them, and return your folder options to normal. Very Happy

Hope that helps you Wink
kinggward
There will now be a box opens assuming backdrop for all the tracks. Under Artwork, baddest the check-mark and leave the artwork amplitude empty. Hit OK and this should abolish any artwork from your ID3 tags. This will aswell abate the bulk of amplitude taken up per clue back it should abolish the angel completely.
pazis
Go to your Album folder. Just delete the two files shown on the image below:

That's it!
rjraaz
RiCtee wrote:
myrevolt wrote:

Creative Zen, not iPod.

Ok, It is quite very simple to delete Unwanted or Unrelated AlbumArt on Creative Zen V MP3 Player.

Just follow the instructions given in article at http://www.ehow.com/how_7789465_delete-album-art-zen-v.html
copper93
rjraaz wrote:
RiCtee wrote:
myrevolt wrote:

Creative Zen, not iPod.

Ok, It is quite very simple to delete Unwanted or Unrelated AlbumArt on Creative Zen V MP3 Player.

The easiest way to remove album art from mp3 files I've discovered so far is to use the simple free app taghycardia. You just select "remove art mode", choose a root folder of your mp3 collection, and press Go: the program then goes about the whole folder tree deleting all unneeded album art.

btw, its site states it was initially created for the Creative Zen player.