FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Audio File Size Reducer

s45017964
I can say with 100% ensurance that most people listen to musicbecuase they love it, like it our helps them with thier lifes.............likei do but my problem is that the size of some audio files are to o large.............does any1 have or no of a softwware like MP£RESIZER, that compress the file size so its smaller by reducing the files bitrate.LOL fanks u for any replies anyone leaves!
tony
audacity will do it. free and open source.

works on any platform...

http://audacity.sourceforge.net
Ranfaroth
Use best compression formats.
For instance, Ogg files are smaller than MP3 ones (with the same quality)
yjwong
A command-line alternative would be lame. It is a free, open source alternative. To use lame from the command line, type lame --help for more information on its usage.
Josso
Use Audacity but make sure you get the mp3 encoder at the same time (called LAME) and use it with Audacity.

For mp3 players don't go below 128kbps but for loudish playing on speakers I'd say don't go below 192. 44.1Khz as well...
surdy
Most of the Mp3 files i downloaded from the net were 320 Kbps ...which made them too bulky in size. I used FreeRip to reduce their bitrate . It reduced the size cosiderably, so i can have more files on my system Smile.
128 Kbps is fine for me.
GProject
A great program for doing a whole load of files at once is DBPowerAmp - it will convert audio files for you down to a kbps level that you set. You can bulk-encode them all too, which might save you some time.
cheeta
I like the ImToo solutions Smile they perform pretty good...

but reduce size will reduce the quality for sure...
Indyan
dBPowerAmp is the way to go. Choose AAC or autuTuv Ogg.