FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Site redesign :Feedback Please:

Handyman
I am redoing my site to make it easier to navigate. Here is one idea that I came up with. Any feedback would be helpful. Should I continue to develop this idea or start over?
{name here}
In a mozilla based browser your site's main content spills to the right. Also, dump the marquee. Marquess are 90s web design. Use a ticker if you need to.
Hunterseaker
{name here} wrote:
In a mozilla based browser your site's main content spills to the right. Also, dump the marquee. Marquess are 90s web design. Use a ticker if you need to.

I agree with him,
Also I suggest you dump the iframe, and pls change the colours of the content of this page:
http://handyman.frih.net/listings/index.php
The colours just don't fit in the design....
Handyman
I know it is still very rough. I pretty much have place holders in right now. I agree that the colors are wrong on the listing page and i wasn't sure about the scroll box for content.

I think I will start over and try a different layout.

Thanks for the input. Very Happy
plato
good work
Handyman
In my free time I have come up with a new design. HERE I just have one page done so far. What do you think?

I know there is still alot of work to do on this template but I think it is a good start.
benjad
I'de call this one iffy...

Bottom navigation is very rare.... might not be too popular... but i like the style of the nav buttons.

fixed-boxed-center content ... seems odd... ppl don't seem to like having two vertical scroll bars.... makes your content seem captive... especially at higher resolutions.

background image... seems iffy.

What I would do... ditch the 4 extra pics off to the far left, center your content, and stop forcing the height of the content... allow it to spill down the page.
rheanna
I think it looks good but I don't like the background.
Daisie
Not sure about the bottom nav bar... it's a bit unusal.
The background might be a tad to .. brown? Otherwise the center box look good!
the6thfactor
It's a neat idea, just needs to be cleaned up a little Smile
Handyman
OK I changed it to top nav with a fixed menu. How does this one look and feel? This is a more traditional layout. Back to basics Very Happy