FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How are two browsers identied and tracked in online games?

varun_dodla
I have made a simple online scrabble game where two people can play sitting at a single desktop, but would like to expand it to online multiplayer like online chess between two people(like in yahoo chess). I can try using AJAX or any other Java coding but don't know how to start with as in how to track sessions on two browsers.....would be glad if someone could suggest some tutorials.
coreymanshack
varun_dodla wrote:
I have made a simple online scrabble game where two people can play sitting at a single desktop, but would like to expand it to online multiplayer like online chess between two people(like in yahoo chess). I can try using AJAX or any other Java coding but don't know how to start with as in how to track sessions on two browsers.....would be glad if someone could suggest some tutorials.

well, it is pretty simple, just save all data on both ends to a database, then read all data from the database.
hiquality
If you Developed it in Flash and use a server for communication

You can use one of the following (do a google search for this)

>Flash Media Server (FMS) from Adobe. Professional but with lots of features that you probably don't need for the moment (Webcam and Audio Chat).You would might also find it very expensive.

>Smart Fox Server (SFS) XML Socket Based server. Easy to use, Affordable, Easy Databasse acces to keep highscores for example.This server was developed specifically for games in Flash

>Red 5 Open Source,features that tend to FMS but still in it's early years