FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GlobalTek Inc???

ColdFire
I've been offered a job by GlobalTek, Inc. but was told to pay what they call a "Legal Application Fee" which is $3000 upfront!! They said they'll refund it though after 6 months but in case my visa is not approved for some reason, then its bye2x! Shocked

From what i know companies dont usually ask money from their prospective employees so my parents are very hesitant to lend me the money. Crying or Very sad

Their main office is in New Jersey and here's their website...

Any inputs from you guys would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
wlb
We also have similar condition to restrict. Pay cash deposit as collateral , salary getting rich lately , issuing previous is monthly wages only and so on. That you certainly want an anticipation many, you feel this works face to face, you are very important , you think that to have future , that you can only be as far as possible have persuaded your parents.
AutoTechGuy
As far as I'm concerned, any "employer" that requires money up front to hire you is NOT legitimate and not worth my effort.

There are too many scams out there that promise you all kinds of stuff, but once they have your money you are SOL.

Then again I live in the US, so I don't have to worry about Visas and all that stuff. If I was from out of the country legitimate companies might have different policies.. maybe they are asking the money to "compensate" them for their time and investment in you should you not be able to work for them.

However I still think that's poor policy, as if they want you bad enough, they should be willing to take that risk.
mstreet
I have never heard of an employer asking for money before you are hired. Is there a reason, what was their explanation/ Are they paying for your move to New Jersy.
ColdFire
Quote:
I have never heard of an employer asking for money before you are hired. Is there a reason, what was their explanation/ Are they paying for your move to New Jersy.

They told me they'll use the money to process my H1 Visa, pay the US immigration, some lawyers, etc... Though im pretty sure the total amount will not add up to $3000.

The initial accomodation for 2 months, food & fare (from home to office) will be provided by them & thats about it. Shocked
mstreet
Well I don't think this is a common practice in Canada, if it is I have never heard about it. I do know that there can be an easier proccess in the US through companies and lawyers.
If I were you I would talk/contact someone from the US embassy in Manila http://manila.usembassy.gov/ or theU.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis
I take it your deadline is coming up pretty quick.
mstreet
I just thought of something else as well. the Better Business Bureau in the US http://www.bbb.org/
ColdFire
thanks mstreet. ill call the US Embassy asap.

cant seem to find significant information about Globaltek from BBB and USCIS though.
mstreet
no worries. I actually really like helping people when it comes to job stuff. I use to work with International students and Postgrads at a university in the UK.
evilryu530
wtf? hell no dopnt do it look into it i think it's bull, man u should bail asap
ColdFire
thanks to everyone who posted.

after much thought i decided to take their offer even though its risky. I paid the money & it reached them yesterday. the start of application for H1B is April 1st, i hope they can process my papers quickly coz its a fact that the 65,000 slots will be reached in just a matter of weeks.

and if i get scammed (God forbid!), it will probably take me 18 months to pay my parents back, that is, if they dont throw me in jail immediately. Shocked
rheanna
If there not listed on BBB then I wouldn't do it. Sounds more like a scam to me. Wish you luck...and hope you don't get scammed...I would have investigated them first.

Quote:

US VISA SCAM SPILLS OUT OF SAUDI ARABIA
http://www.sauduction.com/32issue.htm
Dear Sauduction:
WANT TO BUY A U.S. VISA? I was actually very surprised to learn that American authorities were upset because some State Department workers sold visas to Saudi nationals. It seemed a very common practice in Syria. Every time I was there someone I met was on their way to the American embassy in Damascus to "buy" a visa. The same held true in other countries I was in. In Syria, they even had Syrians acting as brokers and they would charge up to $5,000.00 for am American visa and send them to the American embassy. Locals worked in the embassy and were part of the enterprise. This has gone on for years. I thought everyone knew it and it was just another leg of "American Capitalism". I have to admit, in all the years I have been involved in this arena, I still have a hard time figuring out who the good guys are and who the bad guys are.

This reminded me of you so just in case it's a scam but I would seriously look into it. Be careful and wish you the best. Let us know how it turns out
ColdFire
Quote:
This reminded me of you so just in case it's a scam but I would seriously look into it. Be careful and wish you the best. Let us know how it turns out

i do hope its not a scam... in anycase its too late to back out now since i already paid them the money. it keep you posted how it goes. Smile
rheanna
How long has it been since you paid them? And have they contacted you yet?
mstreet
I'm really interested as well. Please keep us updated.
Shin
It might be a scam, do more research before you go for it. My advise is don't go if you are not 100% sure.
ColdFire
Quote:
How long has it been since you paid them? And have they contacted you yet?

Quote:
I'm really interested as well. Please keep us updated.

I paid them 9th of March and they sent me my "Security Deposit Receipt" the same day. But unlike the Offer Letter, this document is unsigned, ended merely by "HR Department".

They actually emailed me yesterday and told me that my papers are "approved" and that they are ready to file the H1B petition for me this April 1st.

I also have been communicating with two other guys from singapore. They have met with Globaltek's HR people last january, but still they said there really is a risk involved and much of the promises were verbal and not on paper.
They're not too overly concerned though whether they got scammed, apparently, and from what they told me, 3000 USD isnt that hard to raise in singapore. or maybe it is and these guys are just rich![/img]
rheanna
That don't sound promising... Sounds like you got scammed. Confused
ColdFire
Quote:
That don't sound promising... Sounds like you got scammed.

yah, but cant say for sure right now. USCIS will start taking H1B petitions this monday and the status can be tracked online. If they wont file my petition next week.... Crying or Very sad they i can officially say "I got scammed!!!" Shocked
rheanna
Hope it works out. Keep us posted.
totoychubibo
We are on the same boat ... I paid them 3K too, who is your contact person in Globaltek Ren Chua ???

Please email me so we can talk further my email ad is bernie_honrade@hotmail.com

Have you heard H1B cap is exhausted ... mother%#* we are doomed.
ColdFire
yes... its very unfortunate that the 65,000 cap is reached on the very first day. here

now the uscis will choose 65,000 petitions randomly from the 200k it received. my "contact" from Globaltek assured me though that they will refund my deposit in case i wont be selected this year. Very Happy
totoychubibo
that's good to hear though, anyways hope for the best !!!
totoychubibo
it is 120K now for H1B general, so the probability is much higher. Very Happy
ColdFire
Quote:
it is 120K now for H1B general, so the probability is much higher. Very Happy

you're right.... as of april 5 the count fell to 133k..

this will increase our chances a bit! Very Happy
totoychubibo
Hi Coldfire, did you receive any news from Globaltek, have you received your receipt number ?
Q5U8
ColdFire wrote:
I've been offered a job by GlobalTek, Inc. but was told to pay what they call a "Legal Application Fee" which is $3000 upfront!! They said they'll refund it though after 6 months but in case my visa is not approved for some reason, then its bye2x! Shocked

From what i know companies dont usually ask money from their prospective employees so my parents are very hesitant to lend me the money. Crying or Very sad

One word and it 'nuff: Scam.

Avoid this kind of employee, pal. Evil or Very Mad

Ps. Oh, you do it. Well, good luck Confused Confused Confused
ColdFire
totoychubibo wrote:
Hi Coldfire, did you receive any news from Globaltek, have you received your receipt number ?

No, not yet. But they're keeping me posted with stuff that USCIS have been doing like when they began the random selection, etc, etc... How about you?
DeFwh
ColdFire wrote:

Seems sort of fishy but then again for the visas, lawyers, and all that other stuff it seems reasonable.
totoychubibo
Just got my receipt number !!!! Whew!

Receipt Number: wac____
Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On April 19, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

My employer sent this email to me.
totoychubibo
This ugly bitch face, could now work in USA.
ColdFire
totoychubibo wrote:
Just got my receipt number !!!! Whew!

Receipt Number: wac____
Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On April 19, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

My employer sent this email to me.

wow!!! you sure are very lucky!!! it seems all my efforts are useless... well at least it proves Globaltek really is a legitimate company and hopefully they'll be able to refund my security deposit. Crying or Very sad
ColdFire
totoychubibo wrote:
This ugly bitch face, could now work in USA.

yes... its a real shame USCIS doesnt consider ones social upbringing in handing out h1b visas. Rolling Eyes
totoychubibo
don't sour grape coldfire. I am just sharing the information to you. Do you think you are more qualified than me ?
totoychubibo
anyways I hope you will get your visa too btw, It's not Globalteck who processed my papers, Just read their ads from Monster.
ColdFire
totoychubibo wrote:
don't sour grape coldfire. I am just sharing the information to you. Do you think you are more qualified than me ?

Very Happy no, i never said anything like that. peace.
totoychubibo
Ok, BTW USCIS is not through yet with the lottery and you still have a chance until May 1st week, Globaltek is legit don't worry.
ColdFire
totoychubibo wrote:
Ok, BTW USCIS is not through yet with the lottery and you still have a chance until May 1st week, Globaltek is legit don't worry.

thanks... it seems other Globaltek applicants from singapore didnt receive any Receipt Number too. at least i got company. Wink
sapguru
ColdFire wrote:
thanks to everyone who posted. after much thought i decided to take their offer even though its risky. if i get scammed (God forbid!), . Shocked

That was my first thought too. RISKY !! And like you I decided to go ahead with them too. GOD Forbid I dont get selected .. HA !!! and what do you know ?? I get selected. HA !! Move over Guai Lows !! Here comes the chink !!! HA LOL .. (no offense mean - just too happy)
Techie
Hi Coldfire - Did you get your approval notice yet ? I was searching for GlobalTek details on the net last night and stumbled upon this forum. Thought of providing you some information as my cousin brother and his friends are in touch with the HR team of GlobalTek. I have also applied via GlobalTek and is waiting for my approval notice, keeping my fingers crossed . As you know it is lottery system this year, but i know they already got few approvals.
BTW, this is a very legitimate company with operations in India and US. They have lot of direct clientele in the Finance , banking and pharma sector . Atleast I know two consultants ( friends of my cousin ) of Globaltek, of which one is with GlobalTek for the past 6 years. Atleast you could worry less on that while we wait for the approval.
ColdFire
Techie wrote:
Hi Coldfire - Did you get your approval notice yet ? I was searching for GlobalTek details on the net last night and stumbled upon this forum. Thought of providing you some information as my cousin brother and his friends are in touch with the HR team of GlobalTek. I have also applied via GlobalTek and is waiting for my approval notice, keeping my fingers crossed . As you know it is lottery system this year, but i know they already got few approvals.
BTW, this is a very legitimate company with operations in India and US. They have lot of direct clientele in the Finance , banking and pharma sector . Atleast I know two consultants ( friends of my cousin ) of Globaltek, of which one is with GlobalTek for the past 6 years. Atleast you could worry less on that while we wait for the approval.

Techie!!!!!! Very Happy you're a life saver! i felt so much better after reading your post. you know honestly ive given up hope that my petition will still be selected at this time. others received notices from USCIS two weeks ago and imo its hopeless now.

anyway R.C. told me that they're planning to start a Globaltek office in singapore and is inviting all applicants to a dinner 2 weeks from now. are you aware of this? are you currently in UK now? from what i know most of the applicants this year are from singapore. im already making plans and looking forward to meeting them and R.C.
Techie
No problem Smile , lets keep in touch on this. As for the singapore meeting, I'm not aware of it as I'm based out of UK . But I know RC who looks after asia pacific operations and spoke to him once, but I deal with their US base guys via my cousin brother who is currently working in US . So in my case I bug my cousin everyday to find out the status and not GlobalTek guys.. Laughing
mstreet
Wow this seems like its been such an ordeal for you Coldfire. I haven't been around much lately on the forums and am just starting to catch up. It seems that things are going a lot better now than what they were.
ColdFire
sorry for the inactivity guys...
anyway, it seems H1B is very hard to get these days and getting one depends mainly on luck, because of the random selection.

Globaltek opted to open an office in Singapore. I think they're planning to let their employees work there for a year, then transfer them to the US via L1 visa (company to company transfer).

unfortunately enough for me, im one of those not selected in the lottery but they're already in the process of sending me back my security deposit. Very Happy yay!! thanks to everyone who posted.. techie, mstreet, totoychubibo, rheanna and others.
Ramanna
Hi Everybody,

Those who were posted positively regarding Globaltek Inc, Innergraph Inc are all false. May be these people working in Globaltek or Innergraph Inc. This is very bad company, they don't have any direct vendor. They are having some consultants on bench, lastly sending them to India.

I think they will take money from you for processing and they will tell you your H1 is not selected, so they will take some money and return to you less amount. In this way also they are making money. Once you trapped into that company, they will not give any answer for you. Even for mails also they don't reply.

ALERT: Be careful while choosing this type of companies. I know very well about this company and people inside this company. In this forums one of our brother(i.e may be employee in this company) said, he got green card, according to company status, he got some years back. They will not apply for green card, simply they will put yearly income very high in your H1 filing, if you get a job they will run the payroll for minimum amount, if you don't have job they will do black-mail. Also this company everytime try to merge low profile companies, and sell those companies, like management also changes frequently. So nobody behaves like a responsibility.

Think 1000.. times before going with this company.
RockinMan
Hello ramana,,
You would be life savier if you can send me the contact details of global tek on my mail ur.dreams2me@gmail.com , US contact or hyderabad ones,, I have a real settlement to deal with these fellows n I promise iam gonna lash them out red n blue. Please send me the details counting on you.

RockinMan
Info
Hi everyone,

What was said by Ramanna is obsolutely right.This is one complete BS company i had ever seen.They skip wages to employees and its a big pain being with them.Having direct vendors is something which will not come to picture.Once you are employed with them,you will never get paid in time and its clueless they might even skip the pay-PERIOD.Now this company is no more and it changed to one more BS...some fu....cking company again.They are just their to eat employees pay and they can do whatever they want to get that.I recommend people not to fall for this.They skipped wages for all the employees and suddenly out of blue, one fine day all employees came to know that company assets have been take over something else that too thru emails.And they cannot pay wages.

Ramanna wrote:
Hi Everybody,

Those who were posted positively regarding Globaltek Inc, Innergraph Inc are all false. May be these people working in Globaltek or Innergraph Inc. This is very bad company, they don't have any direct vendor. They are having some consultants on bench, lastly sending them to India.

I think they will take money from you for processing and they will tell you your H1 is not selected, so they will take some money and return to you less amount. In this way also they are making money. Once you trapped into that company, they will not give any answer for you. Even for mails also they don't reply.

ALERT: Be careful while choosing this type of companies. I know very well about this company and people inside this company. In this forums one of our brother(i.e may be employee in this company) said, he got green card, according to company status, he got some years back. They will not apply for green card, simply they will put yearly income very high in your H1 filing, if you get a job they will run the payroll for minimum amount, if you don't have job they will do black-mail. Also this company everytime try to merge low profile companies, and sell those companies, like management also changes frequently. So nobody behaves like a responsibility.

Think 1000.. times before going with this company.
Quote: