FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DFI LANParty UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G

What is your favorite motherboard?
DFI LanParty
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
ASUS
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

jay84h
My new motherboard is the DFI LANParty UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G (AMAZING MOTHERBOARD). I was wondering if anyone else has the same one and if it includes a hardware firewall, because I know that previous version do and LanPARTY are known for their hardware firewalls. All I see is that when the computer boots up, it displays the red alert icon in the bottom right corner saying ActiveArmor is turned off, which is know for a fact is what the hardware firewall runs off of. But, I have no been able to enable it.
fadirocks
DFI LANParty UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G
http://us.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_product_spec_details_r_us.jsp?CATEGORY_TYPE=LP&PRODUCT_ID=4716&SITE=US

Did you try to use this
http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/957 to tweak your mobo?
jay84h
I never tweak anything Very Happy. I did try the website but the features are not listed there, so I am checking with them to make sure.
psycosquirrel
You never tweak anything with a system like yours???

That's a shame, that system could scream with overclocks if you got good cooling.

Back on topic, the hardware firewall is relatively useless, unless a virus tries to corrupt a boot sector or something. Antivirus software is free or cheap nowadays, so you don't need to worry about it. Just install Norton or a free equivalent and scan at least once a week.

I voted Asus. I have had too many bad experiences with their LANparty series to ever vouch for them. I personally reccommended their boards for a build at work with a VERY tight deadline (everything was getting rush-shipped, and it was going to be set up the day we got the parts). We went through three of the damn things (ALL were DOA) before I said F' it and just bought an Asus from a local retailler. The system was weeks late, I looked like a complete moron in front of my boss and coworkers, and the customer was inconvenienced... I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER support DFI after that incident.