FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My pc clock doesent work proper

cannabis
operating system: Windows XP home edition 2002 (sevice pack 2)

The computer clock on my laptop goes right untill one at nigth, then it goes like one minute per halv an houer. It allways goes wrong and the date is not right eighter.

Could someone help me?

Tnx :)
Animal
Your computer's CMOS battery (located on the motherboard) is flat. This keeps the time and date etc. when your PC is switched off and not connected to the power supply. They're relatively cheap to get installed.
qhot
You need to change a new CMOS battery (located on the motherboard)
Bones
Does this happen while the pc is running? If you are turning the pc off, then it's the battery as stated above, if not then you have something really strange going on
redice
Mybe cause by lower BIOS battery. I fix it by change my BIOS battery.
Scorpio
Animal wrote:
Your computer's CMOS battery (located on the motherboard) is flat. This keeps the time and date etc. when your PC is switched off and not connected to the power supply. They're relatively cheap to get installed.

This is probably the problem. If you dont know how exactly to put it in or take it out, then call in somebody who knows the job.

Any improper positioning of the battery will cause an explosion in your motherboard. Nothing serious, but enough to burn the circuit components.
bcarasco
It's really not that hard to buy, or put in. But, on a laptop its the taking apart and putting back together that can sometimes get you. Unless your CMOS bat, is readily accesible, which it rarely is.