FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How Do can you register unlimited domains?

dbdb
Can you buy some sort of registrar thing and then get lots of domains at no added cost? I am just wondering as I might get one and set up a registration site even although competition is tough.
Sunny
at no added cost - nope!, but you might be able to get some discount on "bulk" booking depending on the offering by the registrars.
dbdb
Sunny wrote:
at no added cost - nope!, but you might be able to get some discount on "bulk" booking depending on the offering by the registrars.
So how do the registrars manage to register domains? I don't understand. Does that mean that if I wanted to set up a registration system like godaddy or another one like that I would have to register the names through godaddy, which would mean I would never be able to offer as good a deal as them...

Strange.
dude_xyx
there are Registries for each TLD as .com Registry .net Registry etc. The Registry is the central authority which collects registration details about each domain. The Registry does not generally work directly with domain owners, but instead works through a Registrar. difference is even that end user has to pay right away for the domain he buy Registrar doesn't has to. this is because make deposit when he become a Registrar. But still they has to pay later.

user -> Registrar ->Registry

There is no way to own domains for free. best way is become a reseller and then you will get discounts and great bulk prices and better offers. also you can sell domains to end users.

user -> Reseller -> Registrar -> Registry