FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What you want to happen to your body after you die...

poiko123
A similar topic inspired me to create this thread.

I would like to be cremated and my ashes compressed into a blue diamond placed in a ring for my wife (assuming I have a wife when I die). I think that would so freaking cool. If I don't have a wife, I would want a frisbee molded around the diamond.
FaLLeN
Hmmm depends when i die really, i know funerals can cost a decent amount of money, and i really dont see the point spending thousands of dollars on a dead person.
But if i were rich enough id just like to be buried in a modest coffin, no fancy crap.
HoboPelican
Not a bad option. My wife and I have found a few places that will mix our ashes with marine-grade cement and form structures used as artificial reefs.
Seemed like a nice thing to do, since we both love the ocean.
Yantaal
i have got mate who hates the factim a vegan, i would write in my will for him to east my corpse, see how he likes that,

failing that to be crushed amd turned into a crystal

failing that stuffed and sitting down in my house with a 64 with Legend opf Zelda: Ocarina of Time playing and the controller in my hand. awesome

failing that buried in some aetheist graveyard
Becky
i want to be cremated, and put somewhere nice...haven't decided where that nice place would be though.
Because..to be honest, being buried has never appealed to me. I dont want to be eaten by all of the worms O_O
Captain Fertile
I would like to be cremated and half my ashes sprinkled here in England and half sprinkled in the US by my friend there. I'm not too sure whether this would be allowed but I would really like that. My friend in the US said she would do that so it is certainly possible but the way US immigration is in the states I'm not too sure whether immigration would allow me to reside there even as a small pile of carbon..

Hmmmm, at my age I better start checking these things out I guess. Rolling Eyes
sonicj
I don't think I will really care what happens to me. If it was just me I would be concerned with, then dig a hole and drop me in it. But since I have family...I think a military funeral would be nice for my son.
Bockman
I'm not really sure how I would want to be treated after death so I leave it to my wife (in case I die first) and kid to do what they think is best for them.

All I'm sure of is that I want my organs to be available for anyone who needs them (considering they are still of good use). After that, being buried or cremated is not at all important to me.

Be Well Cool
apple
I have given this a fair amount of thought over the last 5 years or so.

I don't like the burial idea cause am not keen on being eaten by worms (even tho am not gonna be feeling it).

I would like to be cremated, since that is the only other option, and then my husband (if I go 1st) and my kid can do what they please with the "cremains"
Vlien
Becky wrote:
i want to be cremated, and put somewhere nice...haven't decided where that nice place would be though.
Because..to be honest, being buried has never appealed to me. I dont want to be eaten by all of the worms O_O

That's what I used to think a couple of years ago. Now I find this idea repelling Confused It's scary to think of a family member or someone you loved who just died to be put into an oven and at once reduced to dust... I don't feel it to be respectful... then I'd rather have my or their bodies be "eaten by worms" and have a proper grave you can visit, with a body still in it. It's more personal than an urn...
Yjaxygames
Maybe freeze myself in, or donate my organs and get cremated and get my ashes spread out somewhere nice.
funnyerror
when i die, i hope my body isnt burned.... i instead wish for it to be buried under my house... this way, I can haunt people who buy my house after i have passed...

-FE
Idoru
I have had lot's of use of my body, so I don't see why that has to end? Perhaps pieces
can be used and knowledge developed. I go for science. Let the hospitals begin the cutting,
though. Very Happy
fx-trading-education
I think it is strange that so many people want to be cremated.

At least when you are burried, your death is useful for all the small organisms, worms... that will eat you. It's quite ecologic I think.

Or like in Himalaya's mountains you could let your body eaten by the big birds (I don't know the exact name of these birds in English)

Anyway I think that to be cremated is a waste of energy, it increases pollution, doesn't help anybody. It's like the latest very selfish decision you can make
cybernie
I'd like my body to be burned and the ashes thrown into the air so I could freely fly. I'd let my ashes fall where it would fall. On the grounds, I'd let it be the "fertilizer" so trees would bear fruits that would satisfy the hunger and quinch the thirst of my fellow human. In the sea, I'd let be the sort of food for the creatures there that they may grow to the size suited for human consumption.

Wherever my ashes fall, I just wish it would be beneficial for others. I wish after this life, even just the remains of earthly existence be an extension of the things I do for the better life of my fellowmen.
Tatsumaru
I'd rather have a funeral than a cremation. Burning your body just doesn't seem right to me... it's as if you'd try to scare away the body's soul or something.
Aless
I'd like to be buried, in tact. Then I want everyone to get drunk on my belhalf Smile.
Insanity
Well, it's not really like you're going to be eaten by worms and stuff. I'm pretty sure people would want to be buried when they're going to be decomposed by worms and other organisms. That's what a coffin is for. The most decomposing you're going to do is inside the coffin, and that's really not going to help anyone. Also, taking up land space is not exactly super environmentally friendly anyways.

That being said, I would like to donate my organs, if possible, and get cremated.. yeah...
hunnyhiteshseth
I dont want to die. It is as simple as that.

No, but-shut, I dont wanna die. Is it clear?

But, still if due to some 10^(-googol^googol^...... googol times) probable reason I go in inactive state, I would like me to be freezed, with al my cells preserved, so that if some day my future generation can defreeze me, give some life to me & I will be back.
Or another, option will be to store my brain, so that later when science develops, my brain with all memories can be transplanted in another body.
Captain Fertile
fx-trading-education wrote:

At least when you are burried, your death is useful for all the small organisms, worms... that will eat you. It's quite ecologic I think.

Or like in Himalaya's mountains you could let your body eaten by the big birds (I don't know the exact name of these birds in English)

Anyway I think that to be cremated is a waste of energy, it increases pollution, doesn't help anybody. It's like the latest very selfish decision you can make

Well I think cremation is more eco-friendly - I wonder how many acres of perfectly useable land is being used as cemeteries? This land could be used for farming crops etc (although in today's society it is more likely to be used for housing).

I do wish they would produce some form of eco-friendly alternative to a wooden coffin for cremations though - that seems such a waste of resources.
HoboPelican
fx-trading-education wrote:

Sorry, you feel like that. I sort of felt my decision to be cremated and have the ashes used to make artificial reefs was a good way to help the environment. Considering how many small sea creatures need the the protection of reefs and how much usable space a grave site takes up, it just seemed like a good idea.

As to the pollution, I think that puff of smoke is quite insignificant in relation to all the pollution we are responsible for during our lives.

Of course, I wouldn't have trouble with leaving my carcass on a hill side for scavengers, but this really is not an option in most places. Park rangers have a tendency to report that sort of thing to the Police Wink
Captain Fertile
HoboPelican wrote:

Of course, I wouldn't have trouble with leaving my carcass on a hill side for scavengers, but this really is not an option in most places. Park rangers have a tendency to report that sort of thing to the Police Wink

Awwwww, but think of the fun day out you are denying your loved ones.

A nice sunny day, a beautiful drive, pack a lunch and a football to throw around - then, after a quick aprez lunch snooze you open the trunk as the sun drifts towards the horizon.

You grit your teeth and drag granddad's fetid corpse out (don't mind the stench or the flies of course). Then toss him to one side as the wife packs the car ready for the journey home.

And think of the fun avoiding the authorities before, during and after.

The kind of memories every healthy childhood should be filled with. Shocked
a.Bird
I want to be shot out into space.
seagullspirit
Muhahaha... I was listening to comedy radio a few days ago and they hit a similar topic and it went something like this: "just think, you give you body to ppl for parts once you die and then you find out you'll be resurrected in the afterlife and I doubt the ppl you gave an eye or limb to will be willing to return the respective parts Wink "
Becky
Vlien wrote:
Becky wrote:

That's what I used to think a couple of years ago. Now I find this idea repelling Confused It's scary to think of a family member or someone you loved who just died to be put into an oven and at once reduced to dust... I don't feel it to be respectful... then I'd rather have my or their bodies be "eaten by worms" and have a proper grave you can visit, with a body still in it. It's more personal than an urn...

I've always thought it'd be nice for people to come and visit a place (like a park or somewhere) where my ashes could be laid so that people could visit, instead of going to a graveyard - a place which in my opinion is very depressing and not somewhere that people would want to go to.
And i am still scared of those worms, i blame tv...

and i agree with Captain Fertile, cremation is definately more eco friendly.
Captain Fertile
a.Bird wrote:
I want to be shot out into space.

If your dad had been 5 seconds quicker you might have been.

(Roy 'Chubby' Brown joke, I can't take the credit and I couldn't resist sorry- please don't take offence)

Moderators please feel free to remove (or ask me to do it), I know this is borderline.
Elite-coderz
I would want my body burned to ashs then threw in the ocean or keep by a relative Very Happy.
imavi
i would like my body to be cremated and then the ashes to be washed in the river or kept in the soil or ... umm ........ but hey! i don't want to die ..
shwetanshu
i want my body to cremated as per hindu rituals and then ashesh to bw flown down in a river but i dont want shaving heads off, feasting brahmans and all that stuff
raaeft1
My wife and I would like to donate our bodies to the PGI for medical research.
Both of us suffer from several ailments and we would like doctors to carry out research on our bodies so that they might achieve breakthrough in healing others.
David_Pardy
I want to be buried where my wife (and future kids) can visit me.
catscratches
It doesn't matter what happens to my body. Just I die...
PatTheGreat42
I'm the kinda guy that would donate my body to science, but after reading Body Brokers, it seems like awfully risky business. Even if you get your body to a reputable place, like a university, they might wind up reselling to someplace less reputable. Your body might, instead of being used for important research or whatnot, get resold and used for something you would never approve of, or that doesn't really help anybody at all.

I might just have myself frozen and shot off into space, so Captain Picard can find me hundreds of years from now and have me revived and cured. That'd rock.
tijn01
I just want to be cremated and forgotten, maybe a little plaque in a family garden everywhere!
Mostly I want everyone to have a party in my honour, but none of this "he was the most amazing person' shit, just have a party, get over it and get on with life!
My partner hates it when I mention these requests....
I think the making a diamond out of your ashes is the most amazing tribute to yourself I"ve ever heard....
lady_yavanna
interestin subject....id say buried sumwhere where my family can visit me, sumwhere private (tho i think a backyard or sumfin like dat wud b 2 weird n scary... Confused ) but i havent really decided yet, got 2 much livin 2 do 1st Razz Very Happy
Fright Knight
I would like to give my organs to those people who will need it. Just to be sure that I am still of help even in my death. I wanted to donate my eyes on my Aunt if I died before her. Too bad it never happened. Sad
docter O2
well i am a dentist.and i understand how importance a dead body has for medical students for anatomy studies,in fact i studied on one of the donated bodies which really helped me create the structure in my mind which really helps further studies.there is no other possiblity .i will donate my body to medical college.
Arseniy
I want that my body was flamed, cremated and scattered by the wind=)))
What? Very romantical, you know...
If worms will eat my body I wouldn't enjoy it greatly.
poiko123
I'm pretty surprised how many responses there were to this, but I also like the idea of donating my body to science. Of course, I would also donate any organs that could be used by someone else.