FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can we have a history forum?

Fright Knight
Hi. I was just thinking if we can have a history forum. I mean we have a science forum then why not have a discussion about world history? thanks.
theem
Fright Knight wrote:
History Forum Request

I think its a good idea ! we should really have a history forum !
so people could talk about there personalities in the history

and i think that will also be very informative for some of people interested in history ! Idea
dray101
Wink not a bad idea, it could work Applause

Each topic could be a new event or period in history eg.WW2 or the settling New Zealand

I say two thumbs up Dancing
reddishblue
This idea has come up before and once again I support it XD
Bondings
If enough people are interested in a history forum, then it's definately coming. Good idea, Fright Knight. Very Happy
Fright Knight
Thanks Guys! I really love to talk about history. I love to learn about the past. thanks!

Thank you Bondings!
Blaster
hmm i like the idea.... i wounder who else thought of this... http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-29548.html&highlight=history+forum
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-59525.html&highlight=history+forum

Just saying now Razz
ninjakannon
Bondings wrote:
If enough people are interested in a history forum, then it's definately coming. Good idea, Fright Knight. Very Happy

Wow, I think that's the first positive feedback I've heard from you about a new forum suggestion. Razz

If there was a History (or World History, or whatever) forum I would definitely be posting in it. I'm currently studying history and I'm sure a lot of other people are too, not to mention all the people who are just generally interested in it.

This really is a good suggestion. Smile
Captain Fertile
Yeah a History forum would be good. I support it.

It will be cool to see how people form other nations view the same events in history. Idea
ninjakannon
Captain Fertile wrote:
It will be cool to see how people form other nations view the same events in history.

I hadn't thought of that but yeah, it would be very interesting.

I'd love to know how events like World War Two are taught in schools in other countries which were also involved (and those which weren't) and understand how they saw it. As well as discovering new things about historical events (or whole new events I've never heard of).

I'm quite hyped for this now. Razz
Captain Fertile
Of course we would have to be sensitive to other people's oppinions on matters in hiistory - it could become quite a powder keg, much like the Philosophy and religion forum. Smile
ninjakannon
Captain Fertile wrote:
Of course we would have to be sensitive to other people's oppinions on matters in hiistory - i could become quite a powder keg, much like the Philosophy and religion forum. Smile

Yes, however we should be doing that anyway. Razz

I'm always open to other people's opinions and ideas and won't (unless something which is totally ridiculous and/or unrealistic (in my mind) is suggested or mentioned) be insensitive to other's opinions.
Bondings
ninjakannon wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Wow, I think that's the first positive feedback I've heard from you about a new forum suggestion. Razz

I'm trying to be a bit more positive and motivating. And I currently have more time to spend on Frihost than I used to have, so I actually am able to read most suggestions instead of quickly skip through them. Wink

Anyway, I might add it as fast as next week as some people seem quite excited about it.
Captain Fertile
Bondings wrote:
Anyway, I might add it as fast as next week as some people seem quite excited about it.

Damn! I will have to actually back up my big-mouthed claims and actually post something worthy there.

Should be interesting to see the birth of a whole new thread, and see it grow and prosper of course. Cool
garionw
I think its a good idea, We're studying Australian History (Or the First Fleet) in class now
SonLight
I love the idea of a History forum. I used to hate history as a subject back in high school, mostly because it was so biased. I would hope that we as a community could find a way to identify posts about history that are factually accurate, and present a balanced introduction to opposing views.

The idea of having a lot of quality history posts also suggests the idea of indexing them by time period and by region. But that might require a lot of effort. If there were a way to put hyperlink labels into a post with date and region information, that could be a start.
Animal
Well, since the new History Forum is now up and running, I guess this suggestions thread is a bit obsolete. We hope you all enjoy the new forum and make best use of it. I'll -close- this thread to avoid any confusion.