FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A problem with old Frihost accounts

goutha
Hello everyone!

I'm writing this post to talk about a number of old frihost accounts that are no more active, but that still positive.

I took a tour in the introduction section and went to page 1, 2 and 3...

There's alot of old account that should be delited...

This space is better for prople who want to became members...

What do you think?

Frihost shoul make some leaning..

Bondings?
LukeakaDanish
No one who is inactive has hosting (after a certain while anyway).

A member who doesn't have hosting doesn't do any harm to frihost what-so-ever - one row in the members table in the database is unlikely to take up more than 0.5kb.

This has also been discussed many times in the suggestions forum.
theem
LukeakaDanish wrote:
No one who is inactive has hosting (after a certain while anyway).

A member who doesn't have hosting doesn't do any harm to frihost what-so-ever - one row in the members table in the database is unlikely to take up more than 0.5kb.

This has also been discussed many times in the suggestions forum.

i was confused about it too !

thanks for clearing me !!

i have also seen many account with -150 points Shocked
goutha
Actually what I don't understand, is that there's accounts with 4 posts, and the last post is made in 2005, but these account still have positive score lire 4 or 6 points.

Then, if the account is positive, I guess that the member still takes a place in the database?

I'm I wrong?
LukeakaDanish
goutha wrote:
Actually what I don't understand, is that there's accounts with 4 posts, and the last post is made in 2005, but these account still have positive score lire 4 or 6 points.

Then, if the account is positive, I guess that the member still takes a place in the database?

I'm I wrong?

If they have a positive score, it means they never applied for hosting.

Yes, every member (whether positive or negative) is a line in the database, however, as i said, they don't really have ANY significance database performance or hosting space wise...
MrBlueSky
Deleting a user is of no use whatsoever. As LukeakaDanish already said: it's just a line in the database.

And if you wanted to delete that line, what would you do with the posts that user made? Delete them too? Chances are you are deleting usefull posts and also rendering a lot of topics useless or hard to understand.

Or do you want to make all posts by deleted users 'anonymous'? And then having legitimate users quoting users that don't exist anymore. And having conversations which consists of 'anonymous' responding to itself. That too will render topics useless and/or chaotic.
goutha
Ok, now I understand.

Thanks LukeakaDanish.
Captain Fertile
Well I learnt something there anyway. Thanks for explaining ti all so well - much appreciated.
Pretty amazing how all the info on a user is all in one line of a database.
R2.DETARD
I understand how the a non-hosting member can have last post 2005 and +4 points,
but how come a user can have -150 points? i would think points would stop being deducted after -20 or -30 once hosting has been canceled. Are these accounts still hosted?
LukeakaDanish
R2.DETARD wrote:
I understand how the a non-hosting member can have last post 2005 and +4 points,
but how come a user can have -150 points? i would think points would stop being deducted after -20 or -30 once hosting has been canceled. Are these accounts still hosted?

Yea...they must have been hosted for a looong time without posting Smile

Don't worry though...I'm sure they weren't using their hosting a lot, or the admins would have removed their users a lot earlier Wink
ehecatl
That's weird because, not that I'm complaining, I'm happy my site still exists, but I haven't been on in forever thanks to home problems and not having a computer and I still have hosting... However, I am working on being active again now that I have a computer to be active on ^_^ But shouldn't my hosting have stopped awhile ago? I thought it got stopped after -10... Not that I want it stopped. I'd like to keep it, but I'm curious...?