FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

AVI converter

Coclus
I have that mp4 player Maxfield Max P-X 6GB and I need to encode music videos so I can put them on there:

128x160 avi mp3 8 frames

Does anybody know freeware that could do this? I checked google but didn't find a good solution....
RiCtee
I also transfer videos to my player. The ones that I find to work the best is:

Total Video Converter http://www.effectmatrix.com/ - free version puts a watermark at the top of the converted video, but its too small to actually see on the player.

Riva FLV Encoder http://www.rivavx.de/ - encodes .flv from YouTube etc.
surdy
I don't know any freeware. but Dr Divx is a good tool to convert to .avi format.
One of my friends bought an Mp4 player lately, he got a cd with it which had a utility to convert videos to compressed formats supported by the mp4 player, check out if your vendor gave you one
sush
Why don't you use VirtualDub, you can control every aspect of the movie while editing and encoding (fps, the resolution, codec, etc). Does process batches but it's not a batch encoder specifically.

What codec does your player support? If you encode with the wrong codec you won't be able to play the video track.
cheeta
I prefer AutoGK for AVI encoding Smile

its free

and

very powerfull

Smile
Coclus
Thanks guys for the useful help.. my player supports DivX codec, but if you make a mistake in anything like sound quality etc it just crashes...
akshar
Quote:
Hey try WInavi or Xlsoft .you can get them easily on any digit CD's
Bones
sush wrote:
Why don't you use VirtualDub, you can control every aspect of the movie while editing and encoding (fps, the resolution, codec, etc). Does process batches but it's not a batch encoder specifically.

I so love VirtualDub! The best part is, it's free.

My favorite web site for anything video (encoding, ripping, converting etc etc) is
http://www.videohelp.com/
dayveday
A great resource is www.doom9.org

It's a site for DVD backup, but there are a lot of tutorial there which walk you through how to use a whole heap of encoding software - such as VirtualDub. And, all the downloads are in one place too.

If you are encoding for DivX, can I recommend XVid to you? The final results are completely compatible, but XVid is free and open source (and many people argue, technically superior).
tony
virtual dub will do it. google it Smile

--

also free and open source
tony
any success?

did you try vdub or no?? or any of the other was aforementioned?
TheGeek
The program both my roommate and I use for encoding movies is AutoGK and it will encode from Raw format to anything you want. If you want to get AVI to DVD I use convertxtodvd.
Seiji
If you use Total Video Converter I think you need the full version. Other than that use virtual dub I think someone mentioned that before.
ravin
Or #1 video converter is good. I thinks it is need for you.
cheeta
for those who wants small applications for handheld devices... i guess ImToo solutions would be good..