FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Print view of forum...

Captain Fertile
Please don’t shout I have searched with out success for an exisitng thread on this subject so here goes:

Lately I have found a lot of very useful posts from members regarding aspects of creating a website and forum.

Up until now I have been cutting pasting these posts into Microsoft Word to save and print them for my own reference and to keep myself on track.

Is there an option anywhere to view a printable 'print friendly' version of the individual post and/or the entire thread other than printing the entire page using the File>Print route?

Thanks
The Captain

Apologies if this has been covered or if it is available and appears obvious how to do it. Embarassed
xtxtx91x
well you can print out a whole page of posts but idk about 1 individual post
but...
yeah i think that would be a great idea Very Happy
saratdear
No, unfortunately I don't think there is a direct way to do it, yet. However, you could try this :-
(Please note that I did this on Firefox, I don't know if I can do this in IE7)
1. Go to the "Post a Reply" page of the thread you wish to print...
2. Scroll down to the topic review...
3. Right-click there and select - This frame>Open frame in new tab...

And you get a much cleaner page, without the logo, ranks, points, frih$ etc. The only problem about this is that newer posts are on the top.

However, I think this is an excellent suggestion - a printer-friendly page - why don't you suggest this in the suggestions forum? Wink
Bondings
Would the thing that guests view (but without the ads) be what you want? I mean a header and footer and in between the posts with only information the username and maybe date of the post.
Captain Fertile
Bondings wrote:
Would the thing that guests view (but without the ads) be what you want? I mean a header and footer and in between the posts with only information the username and maybe date of the post.

Yes that is exactly what I meant, an ability to print the posts while speeding up the printing procees and using less ink due to printing info that is not relevent such as ads and avatars (maybe even sig images too) etc.