FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Photoshop Martin Contest (100frih$, March 6)(Round 7)

ocalhoun
If you want to see the rules for this contest, vote for the winner of the previous photoshop frihost contest, or offer to administer the next contest, go to this page: Photoshop Frihost HQ

This fortnight's image is:

I see a couple possibilities right off the bat; 1: Given the contrast between subject and background, putting Martin against a different background would be easy. 2: One could put him looking out of a recognizable window. I chose this image because it is vaguely funny even without editing.

Have fun!
TurkishGamer
I checked to find the poll one your site but I was not successful. The link on your site directed me to http://www.frih.onet.frih.net/contest/ which then gave me a "you are not authorized to view this page" error
Captain Fertile
Out of interest, who is Martin? Question
ocalhoun
^Who is Martin? I don't know. That's the beauty of Google image search. Since this image was named 'martin' I assume that this man's name is Martin.

TurkishGamer wrote:
I checked to find the poll one your site but I was not successful. The link on your site directed me to http://www.frih.onet.frih.net/contest/ which then gave me a "you are not authorized to view this page" error

You may have tried before I was finished editing the page; try again now: I just tested it to make sure it works.
Captain Fertile
ROFL - One day that guy is gonna do a random google image search and find a ton of images of himself floating around cyber-space in all kinds of guises!!! Ahhh the power of the web. Laughing

I hope he aint paranoid! Laughing
guugu

k... again I had some time at school to do something totally useless
truespeed
my entry

Captain Fertile
@truespeed

LOL - very good - made me laugh.
Loghete
I think I'm gonna be in this round too.. I just have to get an idea..
truespeed
For future reference,are you allowed to make your pics animated? i think allowing gifs will open up the possibilities of what people can do.
Captain Fertile
I personally think keeping to the plain old Photoshop idea would be the best. Although there have been animated entries before.
Captain Fertile
Anyway, here's my entry, hope it makes you guys smile...

(I didn't add it to my previous post because I believe the post in which you add the picture should not be edited once it is posted - or was that another contest?) Smile
guugu
Captain Fertile wrote:

it did Very Happy
Captain Fertile
guugu wrote:
Captain Fertile wrote:

it did Very Happy

In the previous comp someone mentioned the pictures (well some of them) looked like that had been made in MS Paint and I had to agree so I decided to use some Photoshops effects to alter the image (some subtle and some obvious) rather than just cut it and paste it into another scenario for a funny effect.

I also tried to think of amusing alterations and how I could use them in a funny context.

I have to say the original Martin image was a perfect one to work with so Kudos to ocalhoun for knowing what to choose.

Hopefully the picture I created shows some technique rather than just cut and paste like my last. Cool
ocalhoun
truespeed wrote:
For future reference,are you allowed to make your pics animated? i think allowing gifs will open up the possibilities of what people can do.

Yes, there have been animated entries before, and I'd say GIF's are fine, but let's not take it to extremes and use flash or videos.
(A good rule of thumb would be that you have to be able to post the final product itself (not a link to it) directly here at Frihost: I'll add that rule for the next round.)
{name here}
Here's my shot at it:
EDIT: I'd like to use this one instead.
truespeed
This could trun martin into a bit of an internet celebrity,i googled him and his full name is martin edwards (not the former man utd chairman)..apparently he writes crime books.
His homepage
more pics of martin
Captain Fertile
truespeed wrote:
This could trun martin into a bit of an internet celebrity,i googled him and his full name is martin edwards (not the former man utd chairman)..apparently he writes crime books.
His homepage
more pics of martin

Wow, how did you track him down when you just had a picture and the name Martin to go by?
truespeed
Captain Fertile wrote:
truespeed wrote:
His homepage
more pics of martin

Wow, how did you track him down when you just had a picture and the name Martin to go by?

I just typed martin into google images like olcohon did,and he was there on the first page,from that i got his surname.
ocalhoun
The entry period for this contest is closed!
You can find the next contest, the voting for this contest, the rules, and the hall of fame at the Photoshop Frihost Contest HQ
Animal
ocalhoun wrote:
The entry period for this contest is closed!

-close-

Good luck to everyone who entered!