FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Final Fantasy 12

Hephy
Taken from http://www.ffinsider.net

Final Fantasy 12

A warrior takes sword in hand,
Clasping a gem to his heart.
Engraving vanishing memories into the sword,
He places finely honed skills into the stone.
Spoken from the sword, handed down from the stone...
Now the story can be told...

That is the story of a world called Ivalice.

The strong military kingdom known as the Arcadia Empire
That rules the Valentia Continent,
And the Rosalia Empire that rules the Ordalia Continent
Have been continuously at war for long years.

In the midst of it, Arcadia Empire invaded the small kingdom of Dalmasca,
Positioned in the hallway between the two continents and thus is geopolitically important.

Under the invasion of the Arcadia Empire, the Dalmasca Kingdom accepted defeat.
But Ashe, the rightful heir to the trone of Dalmasca,
Joined the resistance army movements to fight against the empire.

The enemy's chase and attack of this girl with the liberation of her mother nation in heart is severe,
But, she can not be defeated.
At this moment, she meets the young man Vaan.
With this meeting, begins the change in Ashe's heart.

And thus...

The meeting of these two people will greatly change the story of this world.

After the upset of Final Fantasy 11 online. I am glad to see that square brings it back to singel player. Also from reading reviews this new game will have something to do with the past Final Fantasy Tatics.
Monkeydog
Well its shares the same world as the FFT universe...
i wish Square-Enix would make something other than final fantasy for a while...such as...a Chrono game! =D
Hephy
I really don't know.. I mean Square has been making alot of updates/Spinoffs of past final fantasy games. Like take Final Fantasy 7, they have made a new FMV Movie for it. They are also making a cell phone game called...Final Fantasy Snowbarding

I think Square is just going to keep making spinoffs of past games.
Monkeydog
way to many FFVII spin offs for sure...Advent Childern,Crisis Core,Before Crisis,blah blah blah Cerebus(the Vincent game),that,probably other stuff...
I WANT SOME CHRONO!
Radical Dreamers and Chrono Trigger can only keep me happy for so long(thats why i'm gonna try getting Chrono Cross soon =D)
really...i would settle for a new Threads of Fate game...
i wish they would make a Bahumut Lagoon tho...that game is awesome...
Hephy
Monkeydog wrote:
way to many FFVII spin offs for sure...Advent Childern,Crisis Core,Before Crisis,blah blah blah Cerebus(the Vincent game),that,probably other stuff...
I WANT SOME CHRONO!
Radical Dreamers and Chrono Trigger can only keep me happy for so long(thats why i'm gonna try getting Chrono Cross soon =D)

Hell ya that game was awesome!

I hear where your coming from. Don't get me wrong I am a fan of Chrono myself, I just would take the spinoffs anyday..

Big bummer is Before Crisis is only for Mobile play...
Monkeydog
yeah i kinda wanna play it myself but i think they are really killing FFVII...and then killing everyone who isn't a FFVII Fan boi since those ppl are as annoying as hell at times...
really all the FFVII fan boys had been asking for for years was a remake and they get all this junk...which is really what i don't think they wanted...
and in my opinion FFVI,and IX and possibly even VIII(tho i don't like it better i can see why someone could) were all better.
Hephy
Monkeydog wrote:
yeah i kinda wanna play it myself but i think they are really killing FFVII...and then killing everyone who isn't a FFVII Fan boi since those ppl are as annoying as hell at times...
really all the FFVII fan boys had been asking for for years was a remake and they get all this junk...which is really what i don't think they wanted...
and in my opinion FFVI,and IX and possibly even VIII(tho i don't like it better i can see why someone could) were all better.

I use to be apart of Square-Enix Forums..and one of the biggest things that where always brought up was the fight between which game is better. VII or VIII. My thoughts are that I love both games the same. It really depends on my mood when I decide which.. The biggest turn off tho is the draw system..so this is why I tend to lean a bit more VII's way.
Monkeydog
Yeah i hated the magic in FFVIII but loved Materia in FFVII...but really i think FFVI is the best :/
Hephy
I like 9's system the most..
Monkeydog
9's system is okay i think 7's is better...and i ment i think FFVI is the best FF XD
Hephy
Did you ever play Final Fantasy Legends 3? Its for Gameboy... They have the same system as Final Fantasy 7
Monkeydog
no Sad i didn't have a Gameboy until Color and i couldn't find a legends game by then :/
crip1087
I personally cant wait until FF12 comes, I've been a fan since the FFV days! I love playing Final Fantasy 10 because of how much more it brought to the series even though people despite it. I hated FF11 for the online only thing I think it was just a hassle and the game didnt seem like it was too successful either. FF12 looks very amazing though, Ive seen many trailers from www.gametrailers.com
coolpages
i've played FF before on nintendo...lol its really a good game
the new game of FF on ps2 and other game systems are really awesome... love the graphics..
anthonygerbils
i think it is a brilliant game ever since i played 7 on the ps1 and most of my friends love it so much they paid a fortune for it when they lost their own ones
but in my opinion it is one of those game which will go down in gaming history
Kelcey
Monkeydog wrote:
Well its shares the same world as the FFT universe...
i wish Square-Enix would make something other than final fantasy for a while...such as...a Chrono game! =D

Square sucks too much now to make a Chrono game these days, haha. By the way, I think most of the Chrono team was the same team that worked on Xenogears which is now at monolith soft. That comes from vague memory, so I might be wrong.
Frop
I love Final Fantasy, and I can't wait till XII comes out.
My favorite FF will forever be Final Fantasy VII though, damn, I was like 9 when i first played it, it really changed my view on life forever Cool
Garnet
Monkeydog wrote:
I WANT SOME CHRONO!

I would love another Chrono game. If you're going to play Chrono Cross just don't expect it to be like Chrono Trigger and you'll probably like it.

Yah I think they're running ffVII into the ground. It was excellent, don't get me wrong, but they're trying to fix something that isn't broken.

I'm constantly torn between FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX. They all had unique stuff going for them and are so different I can't compare them that well. I didn't really like FFX though, I didn't really find the characters likeable, I didn't like not having a proper map, the powerup system was...strained. And gosh darn it I don't want to hear them talk.

You think they'll go back to having a unique art style for each game anytime soon? I liked the variety. The airships are getting quite good looking though Very Happy

Oh yeah I'm not Garnet as in Princess Garnet, people usually accuse me of that everytime I post on something FF related. It's actually my name, I'm not flattering myself
Nisk
I was EXTREMELY disapointed in Final Fantasy X, X-2. So I truly hope that the storyline will be better, and graphics, well I thought X, and X-2 had graphics like Barbie Mansion or something, pink and all that shit.
I am looking Foreward to Final Fantasy XII, storyline seems interesting aswell.
But I think FF VII Was the best ever made game. Followed by FF VIII.
I am very excited to see the new movie Final Fantasy:Advent Children.
Remember, Final Fantasy VII is the best ever made, and will remain so until a better FF comes out (probably FF VII-2)-the very idea is overhelming(bad spelling Very Happy ) FF for Ever!!!
zanzou
From what I've seen of it, FF12 looks to be great. The graphics are *so* amazing... *glassy eyes*

Though I'm really not sure about the plot-- did anybody else see the promo and go "wait, guy-who-looked-like-he-might-be-the-main-character is DEAD?!"
Kelcey
It's interesting... a lot of people are complaining about it. The system is supposedly complex and it's supposed to be hard thanks to lack of save points. Other people really like it though... I guess we'll see when it comes over to whever we(you) are.
BlakFyre
I think the game itself will be cool. (or at least I hope) I don't really care for the main character thought, I think he needs to wear some cothing. I mean come on, theres male strippers who wear less reveiling attire. Not that I watch male strippers... My favorite FF game is VII, mainly as it was the first one that I played, so it has more personal attachment then the others. The only FF that I didn't like so far (that I've played) was X-2, kinda ruined X for me... Just Way To Girly. I mean, dress spheres...*shudders* I'm not to particularly fond of the graphics in XII either. Maybe Im just used to HL2. The thing I love the most about XII is the chocobos. Talk about kick ass war-birds. THAT is what a Chocobo is supposed to be. Not this prissy foo foo of a cockatiel type thing.