FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain what and how?

solki
Hi,
I would have some questions about the domains.

1. i have registered a domain and i'am hosting my website on some serwer.How i can connect my domain name with the adress of my website?

2. I have my e-mail account on google i would like to connect it with my domain name so if the domain name is : @temp.pl and if te user will send an email for solki@gmail.com r solki@temp.pl i will find this e-mail on my gmail account. And when i wuld send an e-mail from gmail i would prefer that the reciver would see the that the senders email is solki@temp.pl.Is it possible?

3. Iknow if i'll host the www and mail on the same server it is possible to have www.temp.pl and e-mail solki@temp.pl but i would like to host www on a diffrent server than i have my e-mail.

How can i achive that?
(sorry for my poor english)
Animal
solki wrote:
1. i have registered a domain and i'am hosting my website on some serwer.How i can connect my domain name with the adress of my website?

The easiest way to do this is to create the domain as an "Addon Domain" or simply as a new domain on your hosting service, then edit the domain settings (via your registrar) to include your hosting service's nameservers. For example, the nameservers on Frihost are ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net.

solki wrote:
2. I have my e-mail account on google i would like to connect it with my domain name so if the domain name is : @temp.pl and if te user will send an email for solki@gmail.com r solki@temp.pl i will find this e-mail on my gmail account. And when i wuld send an e-mail from gmail i would prefer that the reciver would see the that the senders email is solki@temp.pl.Is it possible?

You can set up a Mail Forwarder on your hosting account, so that all email to user@temp.pl will be diverted to your Gmail account. Gmail also has a setting to make emails appear to come "from" another address - you can set this up by logging into Gmail and selecting SETTINGS > ACCOUNTS > ADD ANOTHER EMAIL ADDRESS. You should know that when you use Gmail to send mail from your temp.pl address, they will be able to find your main Gmail address in the email's headers.

solki wrote:
3. Iknow if i'll host the www and mail on the same server it is possible to have www.temp.pl and e-mail solki@temp.pl but i would like to host www on a diffrent server than i have my e-mail.

This is very possible, although a little complex. You would need to change the DNS settings of your domain with your registrar. Simply change the A-Record to the IP address of your web host, and change the MX Records to your external email service.

Since you clearly like Gmail, I can highly recommend that you use the Google Apps For Your Domain service. This allows you to use your domain email addresses with a full, dedicated Gmail interface. Google also provide detailed instructions on configuring the domain's MX records.

Hope this helps
solki
very thanks for the answer Smile