FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Opera for PC Linux OS

Dougie1
Which version of opera do I download for PC Linux OS. It gives you a list and PC Linux is not there so which one should I use?

Thanks Smile
MrBlueSky
This one, I guess: http://www.opera.com/download/index.dml?step=2&opsys=Linux%20i386&platform=Linux%20i386
Dougie1
Yeah I know that it is that page (I'm not a complete idiot) but when you click on a version it gives you a menu with lots of versions. Which version is PC Linux OS?
Arnie
PCLinuxOS is yet another new distribution. It's not commonly used so there's no ready package for it. But I read it's based on Mandrake so give that one a try. Or you will have to check out package repositories for your distribution. Or you will have to find out what packages it supports (for example many distributions can work with RPM).
Dougie1
Arnie wrote:
PCLinuxOS is yet another new distribution. It's not commonly used so there's no ready package for it. But I read it's based on Mandrake so give that one a try. Or you will have to check out package repositories for your distribution. Or you will have to find out what packages it supports (for example many distributions can work with RPM).
Thanks Arnie. Will Give that a go.
TurboLama
PCLinux is based on Mandriva so you can use RPM package for Mandriva (better way), or generic Opera installer (from here for example).
turbowolf
I never heared about PCLinuxOS before. Could you give me more informations?

Arnie wrote:
Arnie
Er, www.google.com ?