FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Hephy
Taken from http://www.zelda.com/universe/

A New Legend is Born.

When an evil shadow stretches from the heart of Hyrule to its peaceful borderlands, a young farm boy named Link must awaken the hero within and stand tall in defense of his village. Lead Link and his beloved steed into battle against hordes of foul creatures with an incredible horseback combat system, then take on massive bosses that have to be seen to be believed. The last ray of hope for a dying realm, Link finds himself on an epic journey that will challenge him endlessly and transform him in ways unimaginable.

I having a feeling this game will be hard to top. So what are your thoughts on it. The only down fall I see here is the system the game will be made for.
Monkeydog
Surprised the GCN is awesome much better than that piece of junk Xbox XD
only problem i ever have with the GCN is the lack of 3rd party supposrt but almost everything Nintendo touches is made into gold Surprised
I wasn't a huge fan of Windwaker,i found Link to the Past and Orcarina of Time funner i guess.I just hope this is as good or better than LttP that would be so great...
Hephy
Monkeydog wrote:
Surprised the GCN is awesome much better than that piece of junk Xbox XD
only problem i ever have with the GCN is the lack of 3rd party supposrt but almost everything Nintendo touches is made into gold Surprised
I wasn't a huge fan of Windwaker,i found Link to the Past and Orcarina of Time funner i guess.I just hope this is as good or better than LttP that would be so great...

I would not go that far lmao...
Monkeydog
i said almost Rolling Eyes
but just on the GCN they have Mario Sunshine,Animal Crossing,Zelda:WW,Star Fox(forgot the whole name not the dinosaur one tho),and of course Super Smash Bros. Melle
Hephy
Monkeydog wrote:
but just on the GCN they have Mario Sunshine,Animal Crossing,Zelda:WW,Star Fox(forgot the whole name not the dinosaur one tho),and of course Super Smash Bros. Melle

Point taken... They are all awsome games.
SilverDogg
this game is a must have game, no matter what! i preordered it last year, and cant wait for it to come out ^_^.

it looks awsome. stunning graphics, great music, LINK!, horsebattles and what not! cant wait for it! *drools*
RFAFlaymes
I've seen this game in action bevore, let me tell you that the graphics are beautiful and offer very few cut-ups in frame rate and animation like some other NGC games, or most PS2 and XBOX games. And the music is also very nice, I've also seen that they added new features, like being able to turn into a wolf or do horseback battles. Very Happy
kain
I can't wait to get this one! I love Zelda. Escpecially OoT. That one was so cool. I hope this one is as good as it looks!!!
RFAFlaymes
Trust me, this game is good. The DEMO got great ratings at the Electronics Entertainment Expo, and was one of the must gets of November.
LostOverThere
Looks very good.
Cant wait!
Enderwiggin
The best looking zelda ever... as well as the last by miyamoto... I am definately getting this, thats for sure, Zelda is my absolute favorite nintendo series of games, and TP looks to be the best zelda yet, Sadly, after this one The guy who's been responsible for zelda for so long is retiring Sad I just hope zelda keeps its glory, and remains as fun as its always been, but i suppose no series of anything can last for ever, especially if its a good thing... I just hope it lasts a bit longer after TP Very Happy
Hanpusu-kun
Monkeydog wrote:

OT: This game REALLY Sucked.
Couldnt namco returned the hole thing to its genes and skip the land combat thingy.

anyway....

TLOZ: TTP will surely be one of the best games of 2006.
Hopefully....
But of what I have seen, it looks awesome. Nice graphics, good story and astonishing fight system!

(Btw. I really want to apologise for my bad english ^^Wink
Alein_Atryda_III
Well, this looks like a game I would be able to buy a console for.

/me starts to collect money

I hope it will have gameplay even better than old, good Ocarina of Time^_^
Saber
As far as I have seen this game will byfar be better than the ones before. I have watched a few videos of it and every time I allways think, "WoW".. and then remember that I will wont have time/money to get it when it comes out(sadly), but anyways here is the video. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=571683099870616262

you might want to change the window size to make it look better, but hey, its still cool
Scott
THis game certainly looks awesome, I traded my PS2 for a Game Cube a long time ago, after seeing and hearing about this game. I've always been a big Nintendo fan anyways.
Hanpusu-kun
Scott wrote:
THis game certainly looks awesome, I traded my PS2 for a Game Cube a long time ago, after seeing and hearing about this game. I've always been a big Nintendo fan anyways.

Otherwise, the gamecube has quite a few more games that are good besides this ;P
Kelcey
This is the only reason I'm keeping my cube around. I wanted to sell it a long time ago.
linkman2004
I would never even think about selling my cube with all the great games I have for it. Not to mention it belongs to my whole family. Razz Although if I did sell my cube I would probably buy a new one just to play this game since it looks so awesome. Very Happy
PublicKiosk
That is so true. I love my GC. I am really frustrated that they changed the release date. I had pre-ordered it and was extremely dissapointed. But the game will be worth it. After watching all the videos and viewing the screens relating to TP are amazing. God bless the creator of Zelda.
googolplex
i think this will be the best zelda game so far
i am waiting for a realease date though
driftingfe3s
I've waited so long for this game that all they hype I had for it is now gone. I was so going to buy a gamecube when it was supposed to first come out instead of just playing on my cousins all the time.
squeakypants
It is supposed to be the "darkest" Zelda yet. It sounds really awesome, besides the barbie-esc name and werewolf thing.

Also, Miyamoto said it will be the last zelda "of it's kind". Not sure what the means, but it may mean Zelda won't be an adventure game after this.
Hanpusu-kun
Somewhat update is that the TLOZ: TTP will include some things that only will be functionable in the Nintendo revolution.
Miyamoto said that himself.
Team Hedgehog
I have order the game, I have been waiting for the game in 2 years or something now, damn.. This game gonna rock the world! Laughing
alkady
I've heard of this game, But I never thought it was going to come out so soon.
linkman2004
That's because it isn't coming out soon. It aint coming out til Fall. Crying or Very sad I can't wait for this game to come out. It's already been delayed to many times! Evil or Very Mad
Monkeydog
The Phantom Hourglass for the DS looks more intersting than this, to me...TP is just too bare....but I am looking forward to it, gotta love zelda ya know.
idrather_not
This game will encounter an area of zelda we have never seen, before, transfromation (yes i know you all know that). It is also a lot darker than previous zelda games, but is balanced out with the village seens. Hope-fully Nintendo will come out with the wii which will allow for better game play (http://wii.nintendo.com/games_zelda.html)
Hanpusu-kun
Im interested how the bow and others stuff are gpoing to work on the Wii, probalby good.
So its the first game I will ever buy for the Wii anyway.
Urban
I must up this topic!

I don't want to make another one because everybody will tell me shit like "use the search ..".

So, have you finished this game? I got the Wii version at Chrismass but I had no Wii Rolling Eyes I waited the end of my school year to get the Game Cube version and I just started it few days ago.

My first impressions : The game is awesome, graphics are cool, the story is very good the only thing I don't like of this game it's how the gameplay is easy. We don't need to search, they show us the way with a big colorful arrow.. I think I finished the first dungeons in 15 minutes. Btw exept this point I like everything.

At the moment I'm collecting the twilight insects of the last spirits.

So my questions !

Where are you in the end ( If you haven't already finished it)?

What do you think about the entire game?

Good things?

Bad things?

Favorite parts (Try to don't tell too many secrets!)?

Is Twilight Princess your favorite Zelda's collection's game? If not which one is your best? Why?

I'm waiting your answers! Be free to say more than only answer the questions!

Jp.
soulery
I never played Zelda, any of the games. I think I should sometime.
Magicman
soulery wrote:
I never played Zelda, any of the games. I think I should sometime.

Yes you should

I finished this game for the Wii a while back. Its a great game as expected from the zelda series.
Urban
Yes and with the time they took to make it, it was better to be good Rolling Eyes
Whong
Play Ocarina of Time if you get the chance!!! It is a spectacular game too! Very Happy
Urban
yes, i'm playing to Master Quest too but honestly i think i like more Majora Mask then Ocarina Of Time
albusa
I very like that game but i dont finish to understand that stupid end that it has,
Ghengis
I keep hoping that they'll release Majora's Mask for Virtual Console, but that may be a way off.

Who here owns the Gamecube "collector's edition" disc? Is it worth the money?
Urban
I have it and I don't think we was able to buy it.. It was coming with the Gamecube for a special offer.

Personally I would say yes, it's a good disc if you are a fan of Zelda because you can play the old game with the Gamecube so you don't need to use your old Nintendo64 to play them.. (Or use a bad quality rom).

And what's a "Virtual Console" ?
Ghengis
"Virtual Console" is the Nintendo marketplace where you can buy emulated games from older systems to play on your Wii. You've seriously never heard of it?
Patriot Players
Still havent gotten my Wii, but when I do you can bet this game will be top of the list. Zelda has always been a series with quality gameplay and replayability and just general fun. Cant wait to get my hands on it.
rpgamer
I got that zelda last christmas and beat in 5 days including most sidequests but in those 5 days i played 40 hours!
wombatrpgs
I never really liked this game as much as the other Zeldas... There seems to have been some sort of element missing from it. It was a series game, and nothing special about it. This game is almost filler material, nothing really revolutionary. I was expecting something on par with Ocarina of Time, but instead, it seems to be a generic Zelda.

It seems 'most' Zelda fans have never played the original and Adventures of Link. They might not have been the best games, but at the time, they were excellent. (Okay, maybe not AoL, but...) Ocarina of Time really set the standard for the series as far as the modern games go. The Orcacles were nice as they extended the Link's Awakening and the original's style, as well as added a good deal to it.

Twilight Princess had to live up to games that expanded the series. This is something it simply didn't do. There were no revolutionary elements. The wolf, I'm willing to bet, will never be seen in any other game. (Alright, maybe Super Smash Brothers Brawl)

But if Ocarina set the bar, Twilight Princess only met it. It is no 'better' than OoT just because of better graphics and much less playtime and difficulty. (Why do all videogames seem to be getting easier? I'm really starting to hate that!) It tried to add the 'wolf,' and sort-of new items, but these items were abandoned them instantly after the temple in which the item was recieved. Twilight Princess did introduce the wolf... But it seemed to wolf was far too broken and just not fun for very long.
heylookamonkey
i have to agree with you wombatrpqs...it seemed to only meet the bar that ocarina of time set...seemed that there weren't enough puzzles and although quite a bit of sidequests they were very simple...i think the wolf will be abandoned too...but twilight princess brought some new temples and creatures like the hylians (i think they're called)...so the following zelda games can have longer gameplay...with hopefully more challenging characteristics...i think if they focused less on the high graphics quality and more on the story line and game it makes a better game like wind waker or ocarina of time...but hey that's just me
x_runescape_x
well, i just bought my wii. and straight away geting it chiped YES!! lol

i havnt palyed zelda yet but looknig at demos and trialers so mite buy it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
The_Gamer294
Awesome game.. I got bored with it towards the end though.
McDucque
I really enjoyed the game, did all the sidequests (which took me a rediculous amount of time, especially for the poe souls).

The game felt too much like Okami, which was weird, between the wolf parts, and having the guy on your back the whole time, and the obviously divided areas in battle.
Whong
McDucque wrote:
I really enjoyed the game, did all the sidequests (which took me a rediculous amount of time, especially for the poe souls).

The game felt too much like Okami, which was weird, between the wolf parts, and having the guy on your back the whole time, and the obviously divided areas in battle.

How many Poe's souls are there in the game? I've got only about 30... Confused
Sphaerenkern
I have the Wii-Version and I'm very impressed. It's very fun and varied and the wolf-form is lots of fun.
However, I miss swinging the Wiimote a bit, for example for opening chests, doors, picking up barrels and so on.
But it's great anyway:D
Fire Boar
Sphaerenkern wrote:
I have the Wii-Version and I'm very impressed. It's very fun and varied and the wolf-form is lots of fun.
However, I miss swinging the Wiimote a bit, for example for opening chests, doors, picking up barrels and so on.
But it's great anyway:D

Well done for resurrecting a topic exactly one year after it died. Still, I have to disagree here - swinging the 'mote about for every little thing is not what the Wii was made for. Chests? Press A. Simple. No need to faff about with lifting it up to open the chest or anything.

One thing I liked about this game is that there are so many secrets to find. You start off with 3 hearts, get 8 more containers from dungeons, the other 9 you get from assembling pieces of heart. Of which there are 45 (5 for an extra heart). That's a lot of stuff to do!
catscratches
I'm a big fan of the Zelda-series, but the games seems to lose quality now. I never liked Windwaker, it seemed unserious and it was mostly about traveling around in a little boat and just wait.

Twilight Princess was better, but still not very good. The story was very engaging in the start but then it just seemed to disappeared and didn't start again until the end of the game. It was also too much traveling again, either as wolf or on horseback. The puzzles didn't engage either. They felt uninspiring and boring.

I also found it too easy. It was never challenging enough.
wombatrpgs
Pretty much my complaints exactly... The game's just uninteresting. Though I believe this game had one of the best atmospheres, looking back on the early levels. The twilit realm and the first sewer-y area were very nice, but from there... Downhill.
Urban
Eh... I'm reading my previous posts on this topic and after one year, my english has still improved Razz

Anyways, by the time I've finished Twilight Princess and to be honest, it wasn't that great. They finally made a game with good graphics and the story wasn't bad but seriously the gameplay was so easy! I must have finished TP in about a week and the game was obviously made for young kids (just like the Wii..). Maybe it's just me, maybe my gaming standards have changed but I found this Zelda quite boring, it's nothing compared to the old and good Ocarina of Time or Majora Mask.

But unlike some of you, I loved Wind Waker, I understand why some people disliked the graphics but despite this, the game was awesome (except maybe when it was taking 1 hour to travel between two islands Razz)

My favorite Zelda is still Majora Mask, the main game isn't that great but the sub-quests to get new masks and new items is fun and original.

I don't think they will ever make a new version of Zelda as good as the old games, the gaming industry has changed and Nintendo seems to be only targeting "family" market.

I'm happy with my Gamecube even if I don't play alot with it, the collector disc is all I need to enjoy the real Zelda!
Sphaerenkern
Fire Boar wrote:

Well done for resurrecting a topic exactly one year after it died.

Should I rather have opened a new thread containing the same topic?

Fire Boar wrote:

Still, I have to disagree here - swinging the 'mote about for every little thing is not what the Wii was made for. Chests? Press A. Simple. No need to faff about with lifting it up to open the chest or anything.

Let me be very, very daring and state that the Wii was made for gaming Razz If swinging the WiiMote for everything is crap or not is your personal opinion...
(My apologies if you're Satoru Iwata. Razz)
Anyway, after playing the game a while, I have to agree with you. You know, the first game for the Wii I played was Red Steel - and there you did nearly everything with swinging the WiiMote. Crappy sword-fighting because of that Very Happy
My only problem with the Wii-Version now is the right-handed Link. I mean, you swing the WiiMote the same anway, wouldn't be a big difference if the sword was in the left or in the right hand.

Fire Boar wrote:

One thing I liked about this game is that there are so many secrets to find. You start off with 3 hearts, get 8 more containers from dungeons, the other 9 you get from assembling pieces of heart. Of which there are 45 (5 for an extra heart). That's a lot of stuff to do!

Right! I take much time between the dungeons anyway, riding around, going fishing and exploring in general, and with much little caves to find, that becomes much more interesting.

Urban wrote:
They finally made a game with good graphics and the story wasn't bad but seriously the gameplay was so easy!

Though I have to admit that I'm glad that the riddles never got frustrating, they often seemed very obvious to me. For example, in the Zeldas on the Gameboy, your grappling hook could be used on stones and such. In Twilight Princess, you have these golden rings with a bullseye saying "use the grappling hook HERE and you will get something". My only problem is looking up to see them Very Happy
Or the glider (is it called glider in the english version? You know, this cogweel-spinner-thing. It's quite obvious where to use...
Real challenging, however, was the riddle with the two Statues before the Grove. At least you needed to think instead of just knowing "I got this item and I can do <action> with it. Because I CAN do it here, it must be a part of the puzzle".
Anyway, it didn't become that easy that I was really bored. Doing the puzzles require not only thinking, but also action, and that's what I like on Zelda. Otherwise, I'd play Sudoku or something.
enygmasoft
soulery wrote:
I never played Zelda, any of the games. I think I should sometimPOe.

You are missing out on the greatest gaming series ever made in my opinion( not withstanding that Windwake mess...). It has certainly come a long way. I fell in love with it way back when nintendo used to be the king of the graphics kindom. It was an addiction to gaming that has led to my pretty decent standard of living. I have lost many a nights sleep in pursuit of passing these games over the years. The latest and greatest was certainly worth the WII controls scheme, which is the best thing to make it to video games since Zelda was invented.
wombatrpgs
You really think this is the epitome of the Zelda series? Well, read what I said earlier. I'd be interested to hear what you have to say about those... I found this oddly dull compared to Ocarina of Time and not really much to get too excited about. The series as a whole is undoubtedly spectacular, but this game is definitely in the lower tier. Unless you're putting heavy emphasis on graphics, in which case I'll concede this is the best looking Zelda ever.
weableandbob
It's one of the best in the series, although a bit easy
Fake
WOw
Looks so nice
Sphaerenkern
I finished the game (the storyline) and I have to say that it was exciting all the way through. Spent a little more than 50 hours total playing it without being bored - and I still want to do the sidequests Smile